Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Allaire leaving Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Allaire leaving Maple Leafs

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting, I wonder what effects this will have on the Leafs' goaltending.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Interesting, I wonder what effects this will have on the Leafs' goaltending.
    They kind of hit rock bottom last season, so by default I think they will improve.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Could he wind up in Florida, with Luongo?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cbergeron View Post
    Could he wind up in Florida, with Luongo?
    Is there a connection between the two?

Super Moderator

Not blaming him but our goalies have gotten worse since they arrived here so I'm kind of happy. I know never say never, but I don't see their goaltending getting worse cause of this.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4102832/

Luongo was a teenager, 14, when he was first coached by Allaire at Allaire’s goaltending school in a Montreal suburb. It was there that Allaire began to mould the raw talent of the boy, adding technique and imbuing his preferred butterfly style to Luongo’s already-quick reflexes, such as a lightening glove hand forged playing hours and hours of street hockey.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Not a strong enough connection for Allaire to leave the Maple Leafs for a reunion in Florida when the trade is not even completed yet.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not a strong enough connection for Allaire to leave the Maple Leafs for a reunion in Florida when the trade is not even completed yet.
    Oh for sure, but I'm sure a guy with a resume like Allaire won't have much trouble finding work elsewhere, especially since teams are now starting to roll with multiple goalie coaches.

I'm just saying the connection is there if in fact Luongo is traded before Allaire decides what his next move is.

Administrator

I was going to suggest that maybe this is a money saving move, but this is the Maple Leafs we're talking about. They use dollar bills for toilet paper.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don;t know first hand but according to this, yes.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...134700505.html

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Francois Allaire has parts ways with the Leafs,

GOALTENDING CONSULTANT ALLAIRE PARTS WAYS WITH MAPLE LEAFS

TSN.CA STAFF
    9/17/2012 12:07:20 PM

Francois Allaire has parted ways with the Toronto Maple Leafs, after working three seasons with the club as their goaltending consultant.
    "To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire told The National Post on Monday.
    "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that's not the way it works. If that's the way they want to operate, then I'm not there."
    Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons as the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant.

Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping develop players like Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Patrick Roy into elite NHL netminders.
    With Allaire, Giguere backstopped Anaheim to the 2007 Stanley Cup championship and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the 2003 Playoff MVP.

He also spent 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, helping the club win the Stanley Cup in 1986 and 1993, working with netminder Patrick Roy beginning in 1984-85 until 1995-96. During that period, Roy won two Conn Symthe Trophies, four William Jennings Trophies, three Vezina Trophies and was named to the league's end of season All-Star Team five times. Roy also appeared in six NHL All-Star Games in that span.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    GOALTENDING CONSULTANT ALLAIRE PARTS WAYS WITH MAPLE LEAFS

TSN.CA STAFF
    9/17/2012 12:07:20 PM

Francois Allaire has parted ways with the Toronto Maple Leafs, after working three seasons with the club as their goaltending consultant.
    "To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire told The National Post on Monday.
    "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that's not the way it works. If that's the way they want to operate, then I'm not there."
    Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons as the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant.

Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping develop players like Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Patrick Roy into elite NHL netminders.
    With Allaire, Giguere backstopped Anaheim to the 2007 Stanley Cup championship and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the 2003 Playoff MVP.

He also spent 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, helping the club win the Stanley Cup in 1986 and 1993, working with netminder Patrick Roy beginning in 1984-85 until 1995-96. During that period, Roy won two Conn Symthe Trophies, four William Jennings Trophies, three Vezina Trophies and was named to the league's end of season All-Star Team five times. Roy also appeared in six NHL All-Star Games in that span.
    So according to Allaire, management figures are sticking their nose in the goalie stuff.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    If he was going to leave, I'm a little annoyed he didn't do it months ago.
    Fact is, even though I'm sure he won't have trouble finding work should he choose to look, his reputation has been damaged significantly the past few years. Many suggest his style is too rigid and too out-dated for today's NHL, and I don't think it's a stretch to assume his presence may have had an impact in their search for a backup goalie, something they were seriously looking at. I'm actually glad they didn't find one, but it still annoys me that he waited the entire summer to announce that he was quitting. They could have hired a new consultant to take his place several months ago... and that consultant may have had new ideas for conditioning, nutrition etc etc

Oh well. No biggie I guess.
    Especially with no season this year anyway.
    It's possible and perhaps probable based on his comments that he was getting more and more frustrated with the way the organization was operating and something happened that made him break. But who knows.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I guess that's possible.
    But Friedman broke this potential story way back in April. So Frankie was obviously unhappy many months ago and dragged this through the summer.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...efections.html
    It would have been "ideal" for him to resign then but I don't blame the guy for waiting it out and hoping it gets better. He has to look out for himself at the end of the day.