Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Allaire leaving Maple Leafs

  1. #1
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Allaire leaving Maple Leafs

    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  2. #2
    bondon's Avatar
    bondon is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,901
    Rep Power
    100

    The Wolverine

    Default

    Interesting, I wonder what effects this will have on the Leafs' goaltending.

  3. #3
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Interesting, I wonder what effects this will have on the Leafs' goaltending.
    They kind of hit rock bottom last season, so by default I think they will improve.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  4. #4
    cbergeron's Avatar
    cbergeron is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Could he wind up in Florida, with Luongo?

  5. #5
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbergeron View Post
    Could he wind up in Florida, with Luongo?
    Is there a connection between the two?
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  6. #6
    smack's Avatar
    smack is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Super Moderator

    Default

    Not blaming him but our goalies have gotten worse since they arrived here so I'm kind of happy. I know never say never, but I don't see their goaltending getting worse cause of this.
    Keeper - 23 Man Roster (17 Keepers) + 10 Man Farm Team
    G,A,P,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,+/-,FW,Shots, Hits - GP,W,L,GAA,SV%,SV,SA,SO

    C: Stamkos, Gagner, Berglund, Turris, Hodgson, Backlund, Sobotka
    LW: Benn, Kunitz, Lupul, Fleischmann
    RW: Iginla, P. Kane, Oshie, Zibanejad, Read
    D: Phaneuf, Shattenkirk, Carlson, Faulk, Gardiner, Martin
    G: Fleury, Lehtonen, Anderson

    Farm: Niederreiter, Kuznetsov, Connolly, Pageau, Wennberg, Lazar, R. Murphy, Rielly, Ristolainen, Zatkoff

  7. #7
    bondon's Avatar
    bondon is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,901
    Rep Power
    100

    The Wolverine

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is there a connection between the two?
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4102832/

    Luongo was a teenager, 14, when he was first coached by Allaire at Allaire’s goaltending school in a Montreal suburb. It was there that Allaire began to mould the raw talent of the boy, adding technique and imbuing his preferred butterfly style to Luongo’s already-quick reflexes, such as a lightening glove hand forged playing hours and hours of street hockey.
    Founder and only member of The Goalie Kuild since 2010

    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

  8. #8
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Not a strong enough connection for Allaire to leave the Maple Leafs for a reunion in Florida when the trade is not even completed yet.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  9. #9
    bondon's Avatar
    bondon is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,901
    Rep Power
    100

    The Wolverine

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Not a strong enough connection for Allaire to leave the Maple Leafs for a reunion in Florida when the trade is not even completed yet.
    Oh for sure, but I'm sure a guy with a resume like Allaire won't have much trouble finding work elsewhere, especially since teams are now starting to roll with multiple goalie coaches.

    I'm just saying the connection is there if in fact Luongo is traded before Allaire decides what his next move is.

  10. #10
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    I was going to suggest that maybe this is a money saving move, but this is the Maple Leafs we're talking about. They use dollar bills for toilet paper.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  11. #11
    cbergeron's Avatar
    cbergeron is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    260
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is there a connection between the two?
    I don;t know first hand but according to this, yes.

    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...134700505.html

  12. #12
    sparrowtrini's Avatar
    sparrowtrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,439
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Francois Allaire has parts ways with the Leafs,

    GOALTENDING CONSULTANT ALLAIRE PARTS WAYS WITH MAPLE LEAFS

    TSN.CA STAFF
    9/17/2012 12:07:20 PM

    Francois Allaire has parted ways with the Toronto Maple Leafs, after working three seasons with the club as their goaltending consultant.
    "To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire told The National Post on Monday.
    "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that's not the way it works. If that's the way they want to operate, then I'm not there."
    Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons as the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant.

    Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping develop players like Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Patrick Roy into elite NHL netminders.
    With Allaire, Giguere backstopped Anaheim to the 2007 Stanley Cup championship and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the 2003 Playoff MVP.

    He also spent 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, helping the club win the Stanley Cup in 1986 and 1993, working with netminder Patrick Roy beginning in 1984-85 until 1995-96. During that period, Roy won two Conn Symthe Trophies, four William Jennings Trophies, three Vezina Trophies and was named to the league's end of season All-Star Team five times. Roy also appeared in six NHL All-Star Games in that span.

  13. #13
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    92

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    GOALTENDING CONSULTANT ALLAIRE PARTS WAYS WITH MAPLE LEAFS

    TSN.CA STAFF
    9/17/2012 12:07:20 PM

    Francois Allaire has parted ways with the Toronto Maple Leafs, after working three seasons with the club as their goaltending consultant.
    "To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire told The National Post on Monday.
    "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that's not the way it works. If that's the way they want to operate, then I'm not there."
    Prior to joining the Maple Leafs, Allaire spent 12 seasons as the Anaheim Ducks and 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens as goaltending consultant.

    Allaire has worked extensively with goaltenders for over 20 years, helping develop players like Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Patrick Roy into elite NHL netminders.
    With Allaire, Giguere backstopped Anaheim to the 2007 Stanley Cup championship and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the 2003 Playoff MVP.

    He also spent 12 seasons with the Montreal Canadiens organization, helping the club win the Stanley Cup in 1986 and 1993, working with netminder Patrick Roy beginning in 1984-85 until 1995-96. During that period, Roy won two Conn Symthe Trophies, four William Jennings Trophies, three Vezina Trophies and was named to the league's end of season All-Star Team five times. Roy also appeared in six NHL All-Star Games in that span.
    So according to Allaire, management figures are sticking their nose in the goalie stuff.
    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Capped article archive

    Montreal Canadiens coverage

    Twitter:@DH_EricDaoust.

  14. #14
    Rep Power
    17

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    If he was going to leave, I'm a little annoyed he didn't do it months ago.
    Fact is, even though I'm sure he won't have trouble finding work should he choose to look, his reputation has been damaged significantly the past few years. Many suggest his style is too rigid and too out-dated for today's NHL, and I don't think it's a stretch to assume his presence may have had an impact in their search for a backup goalie, something they were seriously looking at. I'm actually glad they didn't find one, but it still annoys me that he waited the entire summer to announce that he was quitting. They could have hired a new consultant to take his place several months ago... and that consultant may have had new ideas for conditioning, nutrition etc etc

    Oh well. No biggie I guess.
    Especially with no season this year anyway.

  15. #15
    bondon's Avatar
    bondon is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,901
    Rep Power
    100

    The Wolverine

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    If he was going to leave, I'm a little annoyed he didn't do it months ago.
    Fact is, even though I'm sure he won't have trouble finding work should he choose to look, his reputation has been damaged significantly the past few years. Many suggest his style is too rigid and too out-dated for today's NHL, and I don't think it's a stretch to assume his presence may have had an impact in their search for a backup goalie, something they were seriously looking at. I'm actually glad they didn't find one, but it still annoys me that he waited the entire summer to announce that he was quitting. They could have hired a new consultant to take his place several months ago... and that consultant may have had new ideas for conditioning, nutrition etc etc

    Oh well. No biggie I guess.
    Especially with no season this year anyway.
    It's possible and perhaps probable based on his comments that he was getting more and more frustrated with the way the organization was operating and something happened that made him break. But who knows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •