Thread: My 2012 offseason dispersal draft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default My 2012 offseason dispersal draft

In my H2H keeper.... here is how I have picked.

Roster is in my sig.

I had the 4th overall pick. Rounds 1-6 are "pro" (players must have at least 1 NHL game played). Rounds 7-9 are farm drafts - players simply have to be drafted.

Picks:

Round 1 - LW D. Booth - underlying numbers good, will bounce back next season. Generates a lot of SOG and G.

Round 2 - G Gustavsson. Goaltending is hard to get, and I needed a third. Slim pickings (to say the least), and I like his upside in DET. Goldman likes him too, and that can't hurt. Also, i didn't pick again until round 5 so wanted to secure a goalie.

Round 5 - D Matt Donovan. Has some NHL experience and was happy to snag him. Two-way defenseman with a lot of upside.

Round 6 - LW Matt Martin. Hit machine, decent other stats too (well decent enough to warrant picking him).

Farm draft

Round 1 - C Nick Bjugstad. I have made no secret I am a big fan of his. Yakupov, Grigorenko, and Galchenyuk went 1-2-3. Was also considering Morgan Rielly.

I have picks in Round 8 and 9. No real pressing needs, will likely go for BPA, with an emphasis on NHL readiness
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Demi-God

EDIT: How did the full dispersal go?
    Last edited by Pengwin7; August 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

We are doing an email draft so it takes longer. I have my eye on a few prospects for my final two picks.

I really like my team though and I should contend this year with Crosby and Luongo/Schneider as my starters.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified