Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kyle Okposo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    That being said, I have a hard time thinking the Islanders won't at least try Boyes with Tavares for the first bit of the year. As said by a few above, Okposo had decent chemistry with the 2nd-line guys, and the Isles may want to keep them together. And Boyes - despite falling off a cliff - has shown in the past that he can score....certainly his pedigree is no worse right now than Parenteau's was a couple years ago. And that worked out okay for PA.
    Certainly agree about Boyes... but recent history shows that he knows how to play himself off of a good scoring line. With younger, longer-term alternatives available in-house, I can't see Boyes keeping the top spot for long.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

GOALposo has a 'breakout' campaign...his finish last year was excellent and 24 g's is respectable as it is....hes EASILY got 10 more in there so 6 for 30 should be a lock.

someone typed brad boyes. LMAO!.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Boyes will be the line 1 RW. I doubt the Isles will want to put all of their eggs in one basket with a Moulson - Tavares - Okposo line but rather he will play line 2 to help on offense with whoever is L2 C. I just don't think Boyes would be as effective on line 2 as he would on line 1. He's more of a complementary guy to me.

If Strome is the L2 center I think Okposo could be in for a good year because Strome will get extremely easy assignments while Nielsen deals with the brunt of defensive responsibilities on L3. Also Strome is a significantly better playmaker than Nielsen.

If Strome doesn't join the team this year it will be more of the same for Okposo as he will play with Nielsen. And since Nielsen is the guy the Isles rely on for defense Okposo will have to play tough minutes.

I'd like to see how Okposo does when the team adds Strome before I write him off. He might not end up being the guy a lot of people were hoping for but I still think he could be a solid 65 point threat every year and that's nothing to scoff at but the Isles L2 C needs to improve before that happens, Nielsen just isn't cutting it.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis