Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Lesser Knowns: A Look at Some of the Most Underrated Prospects in Fantasy Hockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When will we see the other two parts to this. Its been awhile, very interesting read mate, well done. Written about alot of my squad here

Banned

Thanks Rajiabu. The release of the other parts is currently TBD, as I just haven't had the time or motivation to write them yet. I should have started this earlier in the summer when nothing was going on. September is a busy month.

I'll try to get the second part done soon.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    When will we see the other two parts to this. Its been awhile, very interesting read mate, well done. Written about alot of my squad here
    Gotta get that in-depth prospect knowledge, right Raij?? I hope we get a season so I can defend my title against you, among others, in that Yahoo keeper.

To the point, this is some fantastic stuff. Can't wait for the next installments.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Good stuff Ev - I've kept close tabs on Karlsson, JGL, and Nordstrom myself.

Banned

Ok, this is pretty much a cop-out, but I really don't have the motivation to write the other parts right now, and my interest in prospects and hockey in general (other than Binghamton AHL games) is pretty low at the moment. I have realized that I would not have what it takes to be a writer, not that I ever wanted to be one, really.

I don't know if/when I'll get around to writing the other parts, but here are the other players who I will/would have written about. i think you should keep an eye on them throughout the year, and you can get them on the cheap in your leagues. Some have already been off to great starts this season.

So, in addition to the ones I already posted, the others are:

Edmonton: Martin Gernat - D

Florida: Vincent Trocheck - C

Los Angeles: Nick Shore - C

Minnesota: Tyler Graovac - C (wish I wrote the article before the season started, because I called for him to have a big year).

Montreal: Morgan Ellis - D

Nashville: Patrick Cehlin - RW

New Jersey: Reid Boucher - LW

New York Isles: Johan Sundström - RW

New York: Jesper Fast - RW

Ottawa: Mike Hoffman - LW

Philadelphia: Marcel Noebels - LW

Phoenix: Lucas Lessio - LW

Pittsburgh: Brian Dumoulin - D

St. Louis: Jani Hakanpää - D

San Jose: Sean Kuraly - C

Tampa Bay: Alex Killorn - C

Toronto: Josh Leivo - LW

Vancouver: Frankie Corrado - D

Washington: Caleb Herbert - RW

Winnipeg: Adam Lowry - LW

So, yeah, not a full article series here, but you get the jist of it. I would have said they are underrated, here's way. Most are very solid offensively in their respective leagues, and/or have not had the opportunity to really showcase their stuff or some other reasons that may hold them back (as in the case of Tyler Graovac, who was stuck in the spotlight of Prince and Toffoli and had injury issues his whole OHL career. He's now off to an 11 goal start in 2 games).