Thread: Goalie Swap

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Goalie Swap

Hi All,

I am putting together the basis for a trade right now that would involve a goalie swap. He is interested in my Rinne and Miller and in return I would get Hiller or Crawford. So the question is who would you prefer to keep (Rinne or Miller) and who would you rather get back (Hiller or Crawford).

My thoughts are I would rather keep Rinne even with the loss of Suter especially since this is a dynasty league and he is younger. I do really like Miller though and I am expecting a much better showing this year from the sabres.

As for who to get back. I am leaning towards Hiller but would love some input.

Thanks,

Drift

*This is for the league in my sig. Using this trade to improve at center

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd rather have both Rinne and Miller ahead of either Hiller or Crawford, so the rest of the package that you're discussing in your trade better be lopsided in your favour. Otherwise I don't move either of these two goalies for one of those two.

Dobber Sports Novice

Cool Goalie Swap

I concur...Rinne and Miller are the two best goaltenders of the four mentioned-keep them. Book It!!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed. Rinne and Miller are both ahead of Hiller or Crawford, therefore the rest of the return better even it out.

If I absolutely had to make a swap, I would move Miller for Hiller, ending up with Rinne and Hiller, but it's a net loss goaltending wise.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm reading the OP's question as that he is working on a trade where he SENDS ONE of Rinne/Miller and gets back ONE of Hiller/Crawford.

I think that 90% of the DobberHockey members will tell you they prefer Rinne over Miller.
    And I'd guess that about 60% of DobberHockey members will prefer Hiller over Crawford.

My list:
    Miller
    Rinne
    Hiller
    Crawford

I think trading Rinne will fetch you a better deal (perceived value) and I really do feel that Buffalo is going to be an improved defensive team this year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with all of the above.

Rinne
    Miller

Hiller

Crawford

Did you mean that it would be a package deal where you be getting a boost from the skater standpoint of the trade? That is the only way that it would make sense.

Dobber Sports Initiate

As a few of you mentioned I better be getting a solid skater back as part of this deal and I will be.

Right now the deal is something like this:

I give:
    Miller\Rinne
    X (depends on above)

I get:
    Toews
    Hiller\Crawford

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trade whichever one will cause you to have to pay less at the C position IMO.

Rinne and Miller are both relatively on par in my eyes...probably an edge to Rinne. As Pengwin mentioned, a lot of people highly regard Rinne so maybe he'll be able to get you a better deal here.

I'd definitely take Hiller, considering you're carrying 4 goalies and it looks like you're icing 2 a night. Hiller's off-nights will be golden here, and actually the fact that he has those off-nights carries it's own weight in gold.

Anyway, I think your goalie depth can tolerate the downgrade...I'm* wondering if you could get someone better than Toews though as an upgrade since it looks like you've done a good job hoarding goalies. (Rinne/Miller/Niemi/Backstrom)
    Last edited by bondon; August 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: I'm* not "I'd" lol

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Trade whichever one will cause you to have to pay less at the C position IMO.

Rinne and Miller are both relatively on par in my eyes...probably an edge to Rinne. As Pengwin mentioned, a lot of people highly regard Rinne so maybe he'll be able to get you a better deal here.

I'd definitely take Hiller, considering you're carrying 4 goalies and it looks like you're icing 2 a night. Hiller's off-nights will be golden here, and actually the fact that he has those off-nights carries it's own weight in gold.

Anyway, I think your goalie depth can tolerate the downgrade...I'd wondering if you could get someone better than Toews though as an upgrade since it looks like you've done a good job hoarding goalies. (Rinne/Miller/Niemi/Backstrom)
    Great stuff from b0ndon couldnt agree more. Hiller is my choice just based on off-night starts. I would see what the difference in return is between Rinne and Miller, If its Toews coming back either way then I would prefer to move Miller but I do expect a better season from him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd rather have Rinne (even though I feel Miller will be better this year - long haul Rinne is better)

And I wouldn't want Crawford at all he was terrible last year and may not have a starting job. At least Hiller was better during th 2nd half of last year and has a starting job (even though Chicago is better than ANA).

If you get Toews who are you giving up? Toews is a 2nd teir center I would give up a lower 3rd teir center not a penny more considering you're losing Miller.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Hi All,

I am putting together the basis for a trade right now that would involve a goalie swap. He is interested in my Rinne and Miller and in return I would get Hiller or Crawford. So the question is who would you prefer to keep (Rinne or Miller) and who would you rather get back (Hiller or Crawford).

My thoughts are I would rather keep Rinne even with the loss of Suter especially since this is a dynasty league and he is younger. I do really like Miller though and I am expecting a much better showing this year from the sabres.

As for who to get back. I am leaning towards Hiller but would love some input.

Thanks,

Drift

*This is for the league in my sig. Using this trade to improve at center
    I would trade neither Rinne or Miller for one of those two. Not a fair return. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by making this deal. Look to other ways of improving your Center position.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    As a few of you mentioned I better be getting a solid skater back as part of this deal and I will be.

Right now the deal is something like this:

I give:
    Miller\Rinne
    X (depends on above)

I get:
    Toews
    Hiller\Crawford
    oops just saw this. would love to see you land toews/hiller for miller + X. I still think Rinne has a lot of fantasy value to you. But like some have said, you may get more for Pekka than Ryan. good luck
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bit biased as a Rinne owner myself, but I think he is the better fantasy asset to have. I would much prefer Hiller coming back. There seemed to be a lot of media chatter this summer about Chicago looking for other options in net this summer. His value is much lower just based on the risk he loses his starting gig.
    I also have to agree with the post above that questions the general return on this deal. You are giving up alot in swapping Miller for Hiller, so I would hope that the player X you are including to get Toews is much lower asset.
    F: Kovalchuk, Iginla, Neal, Eberle, Kunitz, JVR, Tarasenko, Schiefle
    D: Doughty, Letang, Myers, OEL, Josi
    G: Louongo, Rinne, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No man...don't do it. Pull up...Pull up...abort

You have 2 of argueably the top 5 or 6 tenders in the league. Toews is NOT return enough to warrant the lowered production at G replaced by Hiller (don't even consider Crawford).

Do not move Rinne, Do not move Miller OR Do not Pass Go and Do not collect your Fantasy winnings.