Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Capitals

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2013 Washington Capitals Media Guide

Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Starting Lineup

from the Washington Times:

Braden Holtby will start against Lightning offseason acquisition Anders Lindback.
    Anticipated lines and pairings:
    Marcus Johansson - Nicklas Backstrom - Alex Ovechkin
    Wojtek Wolski - Mike Ribeiro - Troy Brouwer
    Jason Chimera - Jay Beagle - Joel Ward
    Matt Hendricks - Mathieu Perreault - Alex Ovechkin
    Karl Alzner - John Carlson
    Roman Hamrlik - Mike Green
    Tom Poti - Jeff Schultz
    Jack Hillen

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2ISoi6dSZ
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ovi playing RW and has played all 4 mins of the 1st two powerplays.
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The big Ovi news other than playing RW is that he is also being used on the PK. Hunter and BB never used him on the PK. We will see how long it lasts.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Caps sticking with the same lines at practice yesterday. Dale Hunter and Bruce Boudreau constantly changed lines last season. Hopefully Oates is planning to try keeping lines consistent which would allow for teammates to build some on-ice chemistry. In other news, Jack Hillen has been places on IR and the Caps have recalled Tomas Kundratek from the Hershey Bears.

Kundratek Stats for 2012-2013 AHL season:

GP: 41
    G: 13
    A: 13
    +/-: -13
    PIM: 20
    PPG: 6
    SOG: 78

Advantages: Kundratek is more familiar with Adam Oates than the rest of the Caps since Oates was an active part of the coaching staff at Hershey during the lockout. He also leads the team in Goals, and is third in total points.

Disadvantages: Kundratek has the worst plus/minus rating for the Bears with a -13.

Anticipated lines for the Capitals home opener against the Jets:

Marcus Johansson - Nicklas Backstrom - Alex Ovechkin
    Wojtek Wolski - Mike Ribeiro - Troy Brouwer
    Jason Chimera - Jay Beagle - Joel Ward
    Matt Hendricks - Mathieu Perreault - Joey Crabb
    Karl Alzner - John Carlson
    Roman Hamrlik - Mike Green
    Tom Poti - Tomas Kundratek

Jeff Shultz - SCRATCH

Braden Holtby was the first goalie off of the ice this morning and appears to be starting tonight despite allowing 6 goals Saturday night against the Lightning.

Fantasy stats (team leaders):

PTS: Joel Ward (2 goals, 0 assists); Woltek Wolski (1 goal, 1 assist)
    +/-: John Carlson +2
    SOG: Joel Ward (5); Alex Ovechkin (4)
    PIM: basically every forward except Ward, Beagle and Johansson have 2 minutes
    FOW: Backtrom (10); Beagle (8); Brouwer (6); Hendricks (6)
    HITS: Chimera (3); Brouwer (3)
    Blocks: Carlson (4)
    TOI over 20 minutes: Green (26:57); Carlson (25:02); Ovechkin (23:35); Alzner (22:31); Brouwer (21:01)
    Last edited by mikerocksthered; January 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM. Reason: Update to lines (updates in red)

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Guru

MRTR,

Any more news on Orlov lately? Ive done a couple of searches and I havent seen any updates in the last few days...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    MRTR,

Any more news on Orlov lately? Ive done a couple of searches and I havent seen any updates in the last few days...
    Not really. I haven't heard anything about him in quite some time. I sent a tweet to some of the Caps know it all's to see if I can come up with something.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    Not really. I haven't heard anything about him in quite some time. I sent a tweet to some of the Caps know it all's to see if I can come up with something.
    thanks, if you hear anything please share.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

A few changes to the expected lines for tonight. I have edited the lines in my previous post to reflect the changes.

In: Joey Crabb
    Out: Jeff Schultz

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Caps lines and updates game 3

It seems there are some changes coming from Adam Oates for game 3.

Marcus Johansson saw a dramatic drop in ice time on Tuesday night against the Jets. He only played one shift in the third period and is not playing to the expectations of Adam Oates. Capitals Insider, Katie Carerra is reporting that Mojo has been moved to the fourth line for tonight's match up against Montreal.
    Woltek Wolski will be taking his place on the LW lining up with Backstrom and Oveckin. Wolski has recorded on the the Capitals five goals this season in the opening game against Tampa.

What to expect from Johansson's line tonight:

Johansson has to step up his game to earn back his spot in a top line. He will be paired up with Mathieu Perreault who is also struggling for ice time. Perreault has aired his concerns of the lack of ice time to both the press and according to Capitals Insider, George McPhee and Adam Oates. The info on this is slightly conflicting, but it seems that both indicate the MP85 is looking for more ice time to prove himself but is not looking to be traded at least at this time if his TOI doesn't improve.

The Capitals will be starting Michal Neuvirth for his first game of the season tonight with Holtby as his backup. Neuvirth is 4-1 against Montreal including a shutout.

What does all of this mean for the Caps? Either Neuvi's first start combined with an extra effort from Johansson, Perreault, and Wolski to up their value or prove their worth on top line gives the team a boost that they desperately need, or the extra pressure will cause total chaos.

Tonight's starting lines:
    Wolski-Backstrom-Ovechkin
    Hendricks-Ribeiro-Brouwer
    Chimera-Beagle-Ward
    Johansson-Perreault-Crabb
    Defense:
    Alzner-Carlson
    Poti-Green
    Hamrlik-Kundratek

Goal: Neuvirth, Holtby
    Last edited by mikerocksthered; January 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Thanks to mrtr for covering the Caps

Hy Mike,

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for covering the Caps, I have been super busy at work and haven't had a chance to post anything substantial.

So the Caps are off to their worst start since the late 90's if I'm not mistaken. Ovechkin hasn't seen the back of the net yet and miraculously Green is still able bodied.

I for one am not giving up on them and neither should the rest of you die hard poolies.

Let's hope they return to what we're used to seeing very soon.

In the 08/09 season there were 4 players that finished the season at, or above, a ppg. (Ovechkin, Semin, Green and Backstrom)

In the 09/10 season those same 4 players were the only ones to finish at, or above, a ppg.

In 10/11 only Ovechkin finished above a ppg.

In 11/12 only Backstrom finished above a ppg.

The way this season is going it's looking like Ribeiro will be the ppg guy at the end of the season, if that happens I'll pay my cheap ass brother-in-law's entry fee for next season

What we read in the media and hear on TV is speculation for the most part. We don't know what's going on in the dressing room, we don't know if Holtby is having an affair with the ice girls (oh wait that was Craig Anderson )

Basically, 3 different coaches and 3 different game plans is bound to cause some havoc amongst players. Rome wasn't built in a day so don't expect the Caps to suddenly start playing the new strategy to perfection right away.

The ship will right itself and the Caps will be a dominant force again, all I ask is that you stick by your team and your fantasy players. You'll regret it if you don't.

And for those of you entertaining trading away Ovechkin, remember he is just entering his prime and all professional athletes have bad seasons. Don't panic! You will never receive full value at this stage, even his name is starting to cause people to chuckle in trade requests.

I'm keeping him, and the other Caps I have, on my squad for now and the foreseeable future.

Sometimes I think they never should have let Varlamov go, but hey I'm not a GM so what do I know

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the shortened NHL season.

Dave
    Last edited by sixhands; January 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: grammar
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    Hy Mike,

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for covering the Caps, I have been super busy at work and haven't had a chance to post anything substantial.

So the Caps are off to their worst start since the late 90's if I'm not mistaken. Ovechkin hasn't seen the back of the net yet and miraculously Green is still able bodied.

I for one am not giving up on them and neither should the rest of you die hard poolies.

Let's hope they return to what we're used to seeing very soon.

In the 08/09 season there were 4 players that finished the season at, or above, a ppg. (Ovechkin, Semin, Green and Backstrom)

In the 09/10 season those same 4 players were the only ones to finish at, or above, a ppg.

In 10/11 only Ovechkin finished above a ppg.

In 11/12 only Backstrom finished above a ppg.

The way this season is going it's looking like Ribeiro will be the ppg guy at the end of the season, if that happens I'll pay my cheap ass brother-in-law's entry fee for next season

What we read in the media and hear on TV is speculation for the most part. We don't know what's going on in the dressing room, we don't know if Holtby is having an affair with the ice girls (oh wait that was Craig Anderson )

Basically, 3 different coaches and 3 different game plans is bound to cause some havoc amongst players. Rome wasn't built in a day so don't expect the Caps to suddenly start playing the new strategy to perfection right away.

The ship will right itself and the Caps will be a dominant force again, all I ask is that you stick by your team and your fantasy players. You'll regret it if you don't.

And for those of you entertaining trading away Ovechkin, remember he is just entering his prime and all professional athletes have bad seasons. Don't panic! You will never receive full value at this stage, even his name is starting to cause people to chuckle in trade requests.

I'm keeping him, and the other Caps I have, on my squad for now and the foreseeable future.

Sometimes I think they never should have let Varlamov go, but hey I'm not a GM so what do I know

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the shortened NHL season.

Dave
    I had someone offer me Turris and Havlat for Ovechkin this morning .... I didnt know whether to be mad or sad

Banned

Rom wasn't built in a day but it was built by strong leaders. Ovechkin is not one of them, and until he is dealt, the team won't have success.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I had someone offer me Turris and Havlat for Ovechkin this morning .... I didnt know whether to be mad or sad
    Oh boy, that is an insult of an offer!
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    Hy Mike,

My pleasure. During the season I do nothing but work, watch hockey, go to games and read this forum. In the off season I try to take a breather from it all for a month or two. Unfortunately the lockout allowed my time away from hockey to be much longer than anticipated. I was bummed to see my Capitals thread was retired, but happy to see the new one hadn't seen much action and I was able to jump back in.

It's nice to hear someone else who isn't jumping of the Capitals bandwagon in the mass exodus style that seems to be sweeping the DC area and the fantasy pool world.

Recap of last nights game and pregame report for tonight's contest against the Devils will be posted between 5 and 6 pm EST this evening.

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H