Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Q&A Fire Away - July 22, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Are you still high on Chris Mueller's chances of making it in Nashville? Is his new two-way deal the same kiss of death you said it is for other older prospects?
    Yes, that's the death knell. Was I ever high on his chances? Doesn't sound familiar
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarat View Post
    OK 15 team league rotisserie, 10 keepers, one a gk. Pretty much thinking gonna keep

RNH,Weiss,Richards
    Havlat
    Ennis
    OEL, Streit, Kronvall
    Anderson

Last keeper down to Nyquist, B Smith or Hodgson. Not sure which one at this point. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Stats in sig.
    If it's my team I keep Nyquist and Smith and drop Havlat

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    Hi Dobber,

With the league in my sig below, and keeping in mind that gwg will be replaced by BS after this coming season..

Who would be your first two picks out of:
    Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Skinner, J.Staal, Purcell, JvR, Duchene?

Also i have a prospect keeper, who would you keep out of:
    Bernier, B.Smith, Nyquist, Turris?

Thanks
    1. Yakupov
    2. Duchene

And keep B. Smith, multi cat stud dman will be gold.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Thanks as always.

Would like your thoughts on some low end guys for a 30 team, points only 25 man roster league. Slim pickings but these are the guys that can make or break a team in a 30 team league.

Lombardi- will he ever be fantasy relevant again ie. say 42- 45+ points

Joensuu- has one year to impress NYI. Will he and proj. points?

Bobby Butler- can he find a spot in the Sens roster this year or next and put up points?

Kaberle- points for this season

Nikitin- points for this season
    Lombardi - NO
    Joensuu - make or break year, 40 points or bust. Needs 40 to make his mark and take another step next year. Part of me thinks he'll do it.
    Butler - I have little faith. Sens a deep prospect team and he's losing ground.
    Kaberle - I'd be shocked if he gets 45, but can see 40.
    Nikitin - health is key - I'm thinking 0.7 points per game, which is HUGE if you do the math for a full season. But I love his upside and dark horse status. I tout him in the Fantasy Guide.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Young Guns

Hi Dobber,

I'm in a keeper league - categories are points, PIMs, +/-, PPGs.

What kind of roles are Craig Smith, Derek Brassard and Cody Hodgson going to have this year on their respective teams? Do you see a material improvement in the the production of these young guns over the next year or two?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Keep 9, team in sig. Who do you keep?

There will be goalies available, so I'm leaning towards dropping Halak as I know Rask and Schneider are available, along with other teams "non keeper" goalies.

Thanks!
    10 team Keeper Roto league.
    2012 2014 CHAMP.
    G/A/PIM/+-/GWG G:W/SV%
    Keep 7
    Start 2C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 4U, 3G, 3BN

C E Malkin, C Giroux, R Getzlaf, Bergeron, Hertl Dubinsky
    LW Panarin Voracek Marleau
    RW C Perry, Eberle, Neal
    D Klingberg Carlson Shattenkirk Hedman
    G MA Fleury, Dubnyk, Elliot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Roy
    Flash
    Moulson
    Perron
    Havlat
    Horton

Thanks bud! I have to imagine Horton's at the bottom (and after Havlat!) solely due to concerns regarding his concussion?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default What's your take on the following goalies

Hey,

In a dynasty H2H league where you got 20 teams but dress only 1 goalie per night and only need ot play 2 Game per week not to forfeith goalie cats, I own Crawford and Emery. I just aquired montoya and burmistrov for Ryan Suter cause I'm freaking out to the idea that luongo goes to chicago... So freaked out I also drafted Visentin and aquired Dekanich in a trade in case Montoya gets beat in the pre-season and I already owned Salak and Martin Jones. I probably own the most goalies in the league, just not any top 10 or even top 20...

I know I wont compete this year so I did a few rebuilding trades. One of which was aquiring Nyqvist and Justin Faulk for Vanek by the way, do you recognize the dobber influence there ;-)

Anyway, question is what's your take on Crawford, Salak, Jones, Visentin, Montoya and Dekanich. Do I have at least 1 starter and 2 backup by 2013-2014 or am I looking to rebuild till 2014-2015 or should I aquire another goalie but they are freaken expensive in a 20 team league... I'm not a huge fan of long rebuilding too...

Thanks

PPK

Dobber Sports Guru

Not sure if you're taking these, but here's one I posted in the forum, and I was Hopi g you hsd a response.

Team in sig. Straight points.

I would offer Bobby Ryan (or Zetterberg) and my first rounder (8th overall) for Eberle, a third rounder this year (31st) and a second rounder next year.

I get the better player, but the other GM would get back-to-back picks in the first round (he has seventh as it is). I also wouldn't get to pick again until the 20th overall, but I'm pretty confident in my drafting abilities to get a good player there.

Players available at our draft are 2012 draftees, players who may be dropped (no one of significance to waste a high pick on) and players not yet drafted (best players are Lupul, Moulson, Schultz, Perron, McDonald, etc., but I may be able to get one of them at 20th).

We do not have a waiver wire or farm system.

Is eberle worth the upgrade for me? And is this a fair offer for the other GM?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks as always. League in my sig - I've offered JVR for OEL and the other guy is thinking about it - is this too little / too much / about right?

Also, I recently acquired Joe Colborne - do you think he plays in the NHL this year and what type of impact (or how long until he makes one)?

Tx
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who do you like best?

Thanks for doing this. In a points-only keeper league, who do you like best out of Baertschi, J Schwarz, Coyle, Silfverberg, Nyquist, Grigorenko?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    A couple more-

Rinne or Schneider- (wins and SO catg.) for next year

Luke Adam- worth holding onto on a 5 man farm team (25 yrs. old or younger) could he crack the Buff roster in a year or two and re-establish his game?
    Until Luongo goes, I'd still say Rinne

Adam can bounce back. As for keeping him or not, I would need to see how deep your league is

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    Thanks for doing this Dobber.

Ottawa's got a glut of talented forwards. Which of Silfverberg, Zibanejad and/or Stone do you see actually keeping a spot in the top 6 in Ottawa this year?

Or does the forgotten Peter Regin reclaim one of those spots?
    Silf, Regin and Ziba - there's room for all three. Not Stone

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Hey Dobber thanks for doing this, started a thread about this but I figured id throw it in here as well.

Its bit of a long post but wanted to give you all the info. The real questions are bolded below.

13 GM, 30 player, points only keeper. The top 12 forwards, 4 Defenceman and 1 Goalie count at the end of the year. We keep 12 F, 4 D and 1 G + any prospects with less than 150 NHL games played.

I have the 3rd and 12th overall in the entry draft with the same players available as the 2012 NHL entry draft. I also have the 3rd and 12th and 29th overall in our waiver draft which covers and free agents and or dropped/unprotected players.

My team is currently as follows: (2 empty roster spots to be filled at draft time)

Protect list:

Claude Giroux
    Anze Kopitar
    Patrick Kane
    Tomas Fleischmann
    Martin Erat
    Michael Cammalleri
    Artem Anisimov
    Matt Duchene
    James Van Riemsdyk
    Michael Frolik
    Curtis Glencross
    Martin Hanzal

Alexander Edler
    Dion Phaneuf
    Kevin Shattenkirk
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Marc-Andre Fleury

Prospects:
    Zac Dalpe
    Nino Niederreiter
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Mikael Granlund
    Nazem Kadri
    Gustav Nyquist

David Rundblad
    Dmitri Orlov
    Adam Larsson
    Brendan Smith

Jonathan Bernier

My two entry draft picks will get my roster size back up to the max of 30 but my next three picks in the waiver draft will require me to drop 3 players in order to make room for acquisitions.

So my questions are; who are the 3 most expendable assets on my team (incl. prospects)? and who would you rank as the top 5 of the available free agents (listed below)?

Saad, Silfverberg, Stone, Conacher, Telegin, Atkinson, Smith-Pelley, Rattie, Cervenka, Eakin, Jarnkrok, Mursak, Hansen, Bowman, Butler, P. Dupuis (Pit), Ott, McGinn, D. Jones, Talbot, Cleary, Cullen
    Kadri, Anisimov, Cammalleri. There are worse players (i.e. Frolik, Glencross), but for good trade value, those are the guys to move. I would move. If you're just dropping, then Glencross/Dalpe instead of Anisi/Camm

Top 5
    Silfverberg, Conacher, Atkinson, Saad, and roll the dice with Cervenka, since I can't decide between he, Eakin, Stone

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoPucKiller View Post
    Keepers league, 16 teams, G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, DEF (defensemen points), STP (PPP+SHP)

position are 9 F, 5 D, 2G + some bench. No LW, RW, C comming into play.

I keep 8
    got
    Oveshkin,
    Bakstrom,
    Semin,
    J. Stall,
    Paccioretty,
    Roy,
    Selanne,
    Okposso,

Pietrangelo,
    Yandle,
    Subban,
    Visnovski,

Got Luongo and Miller as my goalie tandem. So that 2 keeper, i need 6 more: Oveshkin, Backstrom Pietrangelo and Yandle are a lock for me, the rest I'm not so sure.

Looking to win now.

Thanks, and great job, love Dobber hockey! going to enroll in the dobber roto entry league this year, failed at 3rd 2 years ago, think I'm eligible to reapply this year. Hope I get lucky and you pick my name (I know it's random).

Cheer

PPK
    Pacioretty and Subban would be my other two