Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    He's top 6 for sure, but I don't know enough about Carolina to be more specific. One thing I do see is that, looking at that lineup, I think Carolina is underrated and may surprise many observers. Could be their goaltending is what will make or break them.
    Exactly what I was thinking as well. Aho - Staal - Lindholm line was doing very well together so don't think they will split that line up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm moving to Chapel Hill in about a month and was curious to know if there are any good bars for watching Canes games.

I'll always be a Habs fan first, but I'm looking forward to following Carolina a little more closely. There's a lot of young talent on that team and it seems to be relatively well run. Plus, I've got Teravainen, Hanifin, Rask and Darling in my various leagues.

Considering that there are only 6 pages to this thread, compared to 443 pages for the Habs, maybe I'm naive in thinking that: a) there are any Hurricanes fans on these message boards; and b) that there are any bars that actually show games.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

The Magnificent One

Well then looks like it's your job to cover this team for us!! We are going to see a big increase in people asking about Carolina players
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Well then looks like it's your job to cover this team for us!! We are going to see a big increase in people asking about Carolina players
    Oh dear... what have I gotten myself into?

I'm happy to contribute when/where I can but I'll be far from a beat writer!
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

The Magnificent One

Haha no worries my posts in the devils section is nothing good either and not all that frequent. Don't get to watch too many games but like to read game reports so I post what I can
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In the spirit of reviving this thread, here are the top 10 prospects in the Carolina Hurricanes organization, according to the illustrious Peter Harling:

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2017-18-...ts/2017/09/19/

1) Martin Necas, C
    2) Julien Gauthier, RW
    3) Jake Bean, D
    4) Haydn Fleury, D
    5) Nicolas Roy, C
    6) Warren Foegele, LW
    7) Aleksi Saarela, C
    8) Roland McKeown, D
    9) Janne Kuokkanen, LW
    10) Andrew Poturalski, C

Maybe Nedeljkovic should be on that list?

Discuss.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Canes win six of last seven, third victory in a row! (sadly, this is tied for their longest win streak this season...) The Finns work their magic in Staal's 800th game of his career. Wardo (best backup in the league since his Conn Smythe winning Cup run) looking good as the Canes d repeatedly leaves him out to dry, yet he's been making some timely (and talented) stops. Canes defense, however, driving the offense and keeping the zone, led by the Slavin-Pesce and Hanifin-van Riemsdyk pairings. Faulk with his fourth point in three games, looking a little less shaky with Dahlbeck largely at his side. Guys like McGinn and Di Giuseppe playing with some fire, and speaking of, Kruger and Nordstrom doing the little things on the fourth line as a key cog in their recent success.

Lots to get excited about with Carolina, but as always, they'll screw it up. I forgot this was a thread.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall19 View Post
    Canes win six of last seven, third victory in a row! (sadly, this is tied for their longest win streak this season...) The Finns work their magic in Staal's 800th game of his career. Wardo (best backup in the league since his Conn Smythe winning Cup run) looking good as the Canes d repeatedly leaves him out to dry, yet he's been making some timely (and talented) stops. Canes defense, however, driving the offense and keeping the zone, led by the Slavin-Pesce and Hanifin-van Riemsdyk pairings. Faulk with his fourth point in three games, looking a little less shaky with Dahlbeck largely at his side. Guys like McGinn and Di Giuseppe playing with some fire, and speaking of, Kruger and Nordstrom doing the little things on the fourth line as a key cog in their recent success.

Lots to get excited about with Carolina, but as always, they'll screw it up. I forgot this was a thread.
    if only this team could figure out the season starts in September, not Dec. or Jan they could make the playoffs. They're a second half team. half their players appear to be second half players as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

How Lindholm looking?? Always been a second half playing and optimistic about his mimi run he got going on- but no first hand viewings..

The Great One

Wow- Aho had himself one heck of a game. If youre an owner, treat yourself to the game highlights- every point was a beauty. The seeing eye pass for the freebie to Teuvo, the "power midget" move was art in motion and not very many players in the lague make tips like his last goal (it was going three feet wide). All in all the Penguins looked sad and slow- but the canes and especially Aho certainly capitalized.

On a sadder note. Ward actually looked good. He kept them in early with a few big saves until the game fell apart. He looks confident in there unfortunately for Darling owners...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agrred with all points, Emu. Do I think Ward will keep it up? Likely, unfortunately, no.

To answer your question though, Lindholm looks like a lot of established, swedish players. Extremely talented, confident, sees plays and makes them happen, but doesn't work the hardest on his shifts to really create or finish. Talent alone does it for him, but he just seems like theres another gear that can't be found. Great young player, trending upward, year after year, cap friendly deal for this season, and is only going to get better (will get paid by Carolina's internal budget). Surprised I could even say something negative about him, as he makes plays happen by himself, yet they cant always be finished by him..

Brock McGinn, on the other hand. Great work ethic, owns near the best plus/minus on the team, and wants to make it happen every rush up the ice. Like what I see for his/the future!

Faulk is good for putting the puck on net, but nowhere special. Seems disinterested, at times. I hear the negativity surrounding him.

Aho is the dude. and he abides, thankfully for the Hurricanes.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Jedi

Sold to Dallas Billionaire Tom Dundon.... Canes arena lease agreement goes to 2024. Are we officially on a countdown to the relocation of the 'Canes to Houston? Houston Tornado's/Twisters?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Dundon is on record saying he will NOT move the franchise

Ron Francis has been making the 1 step back, 2 steps forward kind of deals pretty much since he came on board

Clearly they have built a very solid blueline but the forwards are a bit lacking in size/grit/truculence IMHO

The team is 15 million UNDER the cap so clearly they are operating under a self imposed cap and they are still paying Alex Semin NOT to play hockey for them

not sold on the forward depth but a lot to like with this club
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why do the Canes hate Skinner? Guy annually has 35-40 goal potential on a team without tons of offensive talent up front, and he's been on the 3rd line most of the season. Last game he's playing with plugs like Stempniak,.....what gives?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Why do the Canes hate Skinner? Guy annual has 35-40 goal potential on a team without tons of offensive talent up front, and he's been on the 3rd line most of the season. Last game he's playing with plugs like Stempniak,.....what gives?
    Always seems to be the way for him. I swear if he played 18 minutes a game consistently he'd be a 40g/65pt threat, even on a Carolina team that hasn't had much to offer for most of his career. Put him on the wing with some top-tier talent, on a solid PP, and I could see him really hitting that potential. Unfortunately I don't see him leaving Raleigh any time soon.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso