Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1526

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Dallas Stars

I deleted my post because I went ahead and made the move (see thread in goalie forum). Your response makes me feel better though lol.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another excellent read from the mind of Heika on Ruff and Kari...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...b68f37cb149d65

Enroth gets the start tonight, and as the article states, he who gets on a roll, Enroth or Lehtonen, gets the majority of the work here on out. Tough assignment for Enroth, but if he wants a chance to stick around in Dallas and push Lehtonen your going to have to win these types of games. Or at the very least not totally shit the crease.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Should be interesting tonight. Eaves may be back in, Cole skated late in practice which Heika said is unheard of, and with Schlemko claimed off waivers no 7th D. Nemeth is coming back up but has to be on the Texas Stars roster at the trade deadline to qualify to go back down and help out in the AHL playoffs.

Seems natural if Eaves can go to sit Cole down to protect him heading into whatever deal Nill swings for him. Horcoff is supposedly getting some interest as well, but Dallas doesn't have enough healthy bodies to afford sitting him out as well. Plus he's not likely to fetch near the price that Cole will.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nemeth is officially back. In tonight, not sure with who or if he will be the 7th. From out for the season after the slashed wrist in game 5 to back on the ice in under 5 months is pretty spectacular. Says a lot about his commitment and desire.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Nemeth is officially back. In tonight, not sure with who or if he will be the 7th. From out for the season after the slashed wrist in game 5 to back on the ice in under 5 months is pretty spectacular. Says a lot about his commitment and desire.
    Not to mention necessity, unfortunately...

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vintage 2015 Stars. Right off Jordie's skate and in with 1.1 seconds left.

And Ralph said it best just now, In a season of getting kicked below the belt, that was the hardest yet. Ooof.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now that WASN'T vintage 2015 Stars! Finally finally finally they win an OT game at home.....now if they had done that a few times earlier in the season, things might look different playoff-wise.

Dobber Sports Superstar

There's a lot of woulda, coulda, shouldas involved in this season.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey, No Way, is Seguin as anemic as his shot-point total appear last two games. I was so thrilled when he came back, but worried that he came back too soon. Then i see him saying he's playing at 60%. Seems very unusual for him to not be getting more shots.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

@NWO, or anyone that can answer.

Any updates on Nichushkin? Do you think he comes back next week and gets played on top line, or is it better temper those expectations until next season?
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Wizard

Probably best to look towards next season. I do think he will get some game action in this season but there's no concrete timetable for when it will happen or how much ice time he'll get when it does. With the playoffs chances all but over they won't rush it and it will ultimately come down to how he feels. If he's good with it, feels confident, they will run him out there and maybe do some experimenting on line combos. I'd look for him to get time in on both the 1st and 2nd lines when he does finally get back on the ice.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Stars playoff hopes died in the most appropriate fashion. They were out of it, realistically, long ago, still it's a punch in the gut and a kick in the 'nads all rolled into one.

Anyway, it's baseball season so bring on the Rangers....oh....right.....this is going to be a longggg offseason.....

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Stars playoff hopes died in the most appropriate fashion. They were out of it, realistically, long ago, still it's a punch in the gut and a kick in the 'nads all rolled into one.

Anyway, it's baseball season so bring on the Rangers....oh....right.....this is going to be a longggg offseason.....
    It is disturbing that they can't seem to figure out the most mediocre goalies in the league.

That arena was downright weird last night, too. It's strange to not actually be at the game and still be able hear what's going on on the ice. It was like an opera house in the Rexall Centre.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    It is disturbing that they can't seem to figure out the most mediocre goalies in the league.

That arena was downright weird last night, too. It's strange to not actually be at the game and still be able hear what's going on on the ice. It was like an opera house in the Rexall Centre.
    The goalie situation is complicated. First up, put me in the camp that thinks Kari's issues are all mental stemming from that game 6 meltdown against the Ducks. I've taken some time to get there but that's all that makes sense for how he slipped so much. Only Kari can fix Kari at this point, and for better or worse we're yoked to him for the duration unless Nill can find a willing partner to unload him on. Sadly I think that means the Stars taking back an equally effed up project and we're right back where we started, albeit with a different head case in the crease.

The weirder goalie issue is the inexplicable ongoing backup woes. When it first reared it's head you could just write it off on Newy and his staff swinging and missing. Shit happens. But here comes Jim Nill who's done a good job at moving the build forward and has the Stars in position to be a playoff contender in the next couple of years. Same same.

The only common thread is Mike Valley, who from what I've read is considered a good goalie coach. Is it his system, or are both Newy and Nill that shit at picking backup goalies? Is it just blind luck if you happen to hit on a good, or even decent, backup and the Stars will eventually luck into one? Who the hell knows? My gut says Valley's gone, along with a lot of Ruff's other assistants. Maybe the Stars make another trade this offseason for another swing at it. I wonder if they sack Valley do they give Enroth a cheap one year deal and wait to see if a change in coaching styles fixes things? It will be interesting to sit back and watch how this unfolds.

As far as last night's game, weird is the perfect word for it. The whole game played out like it was pulled from the imagination of an abstract performance artist who had chugged 4 bottles of Absinthe.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The goalie situation is complicated. First up, put me in the camp that thinks Kari's issues are all mental stemming from that game 6 meltdown against the Ducks. I've taken some time to get there but that's all that makes sense for how he slipped so much. Only Kari can fix Kari at this point, and for better or worse we're yoked to him for the duration unless Nill can find a willing partner to unload him on. Sadly I think that means the Stars taking back an equally effed up project and we're right back where we started, albeit with a different head case in the crease.

The weirder goalie issue is the inexplicable ongoing backup woes. When it first reared it's head you could just write it off on Newy and his staff swinging and missing. Shit happens. But here comes Jim Nill who's done a good job at moving the build forward and has the Stars in position to be a playoff contender in the next couple of years. Same same.

The only common thread is Mike Valley, who from what I've read is considered a good goalie coach. Is it his system, or are both Newy and Nill that shit at picking backup goalies? Is it just blind luck if you happen to hit on a good, or even decent, backup and the Stars will eventually luck into one? Who the hell knows? My gut says Valley's gone, along with a lot of Ruff's other assistants. Maybe the Stars make another trade this offseason for another swing at it. I wonder if they sack Valley do they give Enroth a cheap one year deal and wait to see if a change in coaching styles fixes things? It will be interesting to sit back and watch how this unfolds.

As far as last night's game, weird is the perfect word for it. The whole game played out like it was pulled from the imagination of an abstract performance artist who had chugged 4 bottles of Absinthe.
    Actually, what I was referring to was not the Stars goaltending situation itself, but rather the Stars' tendency to make clearly mediocre opposing goalies look like the next Carey Price.

RETIRED