Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    There was rumors that Eakin was going to line up on the wing with Seguin and Benn last game so the fact he was on PP1 doesn't surprise me at all.
    Those rumors of Benn-Seguin-Eakin just got fine tuned a bit. And we may get to see McKenzie tomorrow. I really like the idea of him getting some time with either Benn and Seguin or with Spezza. Anyway here's more from Mike Heika on those subjects....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014...mckenzie.html/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Curtis McKenzie will get his first NHL action tonight against the Flyers. According to the projected lineups he's going to start out with Horcoff and Fiddler. I've been banging on recently about getting him into the action and was hoping he could line up with one of the top 2 lines but game action is game action. And since Ruff will juggle lines if need be maybe he will get a shot with Benn and Seguin or Spezza and Hemsky.

The projected lineup from Mark Stepneski

Benn - Seguin - Eaves
    Cole - Spezza - Hemsky
    Roussel - Eakin - Garbutt
    Horcoff - Fiddler - McKenzie

Goligoski - Daley
    Benn - Dillon
    Connauton - Nemeth

Lehtonen

Sceviour and Oleksiak are the scratches. That's four out of five where Oleksiak has been scratched which further re-enforces that he's only there as injury insurance or to draw in to let Nemeth or Connauton rest. Once Gonchar is back I would expect Oleksiak will be headed back down to Cedar Park. At least he gets to work with and against NHL talent in practice and gets coaching from Ruff and his staff. Still the time back in the AHL will be the best for his long-term development.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I forgot an interesting tidbit after reading an article from Mark Stepneski yesterday. Kari has never beaten the Flyers. Never. Ever. 0-10-1 for his career with a 3.50 GAA and .891 SV%. I bring this up because that is an absolutely stunning factoid. I never would have guessed the Flyers had his number to that degree. I mean having a losing record for your career against one particular opponent isn't surprising, but to have faced one team that much and not notch even one win. That's surprising, stunning actually.

But tonight is the night he gets that long awaited W. I feel it. This has to be the best team he's had in front of him when he's faced Philly and I think the curse ends tonight.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think we can all agree....Lindy do whatever is necessary to protect Kari from Jordie Benn. Sweet baby Jeebus, Jordie has been directly involved in at least three of the last four goals against Lehtonen. Ooofff.

Nemeth's injury isn't good for him or the team. Took a skate blade to the arm, pretty nasty. Even the Philly players were motioning for somebody to help him. I don't know how Lindy will be able to do it down a man on D but anything to shelter Jordie would be a good idea.

Daley with the goal on the PP, but it's also worth noting that Goli was out there as well. Frankly the standard 3F, 2D PP1 looked much better than those early attempts at the 4F, 1D. Time will tell whether that lasts....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    But tonight is the night he gets that long awaited W. I feel it. This has to be the best team he's had in front of him when he's faced Philly and I think the curse ends tonight.
    Damn you... stop jinxing my goalie!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Damn you... stop jinxing my goalie!
    Don't blame me....blame Jordie Benn. Now we know why Jamie is so damn good....he got his own share of talent and all of his brother's to boot.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Spezza has been centering Benn-Seguin line quite a bit tonight. Eaves working with Horcoff and Cole. McKenzie skating with Fidds and Hemsky. Good job by the rookie little bit back picking Giroux's pocket and then snapping off the shot on Mason. Almost had that one. Really like how McKenzie has looked so far, two takeways and two hits, minus-one though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Forget the 'Supernova' PP unit. This unit with Seguin, Benn, Spezza, Goli, and Daley is looking damn good. Daley with his second PPG of the night. Daley is on fire right now. And as I type this Jamie with the killer snipe off the Spezza pass. They are rolling now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't believe in curses....but Kari is cursed against the Flyers. The last two goals, the own goal by Daley, the puck hitting a linesman and staying in the zone..... I'm speechless....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sums up the situation. Their play and my mood right now....

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is why you never jinx a goalie...

Dobber Sports Wizard

That wasn't jinxing a goalie. A display like that is a total team effort.

Dobber Sports Wizard

So much to say about last night, instead I'll post this article from Defending Big D. Says what I was going to and then some and does a much better job of it.

Skill, but not enough structure

- Patrik Nemeth will be out for quite a while after having his arm inadvertently sliced by R.J. Umberger's skate blade. No official word about the exact injuries, but you would have to assume he'll have ligament damage along with the muscle and possible artery damage that will have to heal up before he can take the ice again. The timeline on this is looking like potentially months not weeks for Nemeth. Oleksiak will now be alongside Connauton on the third D pairing. The Stars have said they will call someone up from Cedar Park, likely Jyrki Jokipakka or John Klingberg. There hasn't been an announcement yet but one should be coming later today or first thing tomorrow morning.

Dobber Sports Guru

lines today at practice .... man Hemsky is getting the short end of the stick but that top line is filthy.

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika 3m3 minutes ago
    Stars lines this morning in Frisco:

Benn-Spezza-Seguin
    Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt
    McKenzie-Fiddler-Hemsky
    Cole-Horcoff-Eaves/Sceviour

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This'll give Cody Eakin a nice bump in FOW leagues.