Page 22 of 102 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Between Chiasson and Fraser, who do you like better for a league with the categories of G, A, STPTS, PIM and +/-? 3-year window. Thanks!
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Between Chiasson and Fraser, who do you like better for a league with the categories of G, A, STPTS, PIM and +/-? 3-year window. Thanks!
    I'm inclined to side with Fraser.

Fraser is the better goal scorer, and is a huge contributor on the PP for Texas. He's got an absolutely wicked shot. Assists and PIM favor Chiasson, though Fraser can play physical which will lead to some PIM for him, just not as much as Chiasson. Plus/minus tips the deal in favor of Fraser even though I hate that stat. Too flukey by far for my liking but it's there and in use in leagues so when factored in it tilts toward Fraser.

Based off of what I've seen of the two so far in Dallas I think Chiasson might transition better early on, but over that window I think Fraser pulls ahead.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I'm inclined to side with Fraser.

Fraser is the better goal scorer, and is a huge contributor on the PP for Texas. He's got an absolutely wicked shot. Assists and PIM favor Chiasson, though Fraser can play physical which will lead to some PIM for him, just not as much as Chiasson. Plus/minus tips the deal in favor of Fraser even though I hate that stat. Too flukey by far for my liking but it's there and in use in leagues so when factored in it tilts toward Fraser.

Based off of what I've seen of the two so far in Dallas I think Chiasson might transition better early on, but over that window I think Fraser pulls ahead.
    Thanks. Both are available in my league so trying to decide which one to pick up. The opportunity for the young guns is there in Dallas now and these two have a lot of potential and are still somewhat under-the-radar.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

"Were you not entertained?"

That line from Gladiator is very apropos for the first period. In spite of arguably the Stars worst display of puck handling in their own zone all season they still have a 3-1 lead. There was rarely a dull moment anytime a Stars player tried to make a pass to breakout of their end. And the defense has been....well....yikes! Kari to the rescue!!!

Give the guys credit they worked hard for those three goals and reaped the rewards.

Dobber Sports Wizard

And so it ends, 3-1 Stars. They stood up well through the final two periods. I was a little too harsh on them defensively after the first. When your turning the puck over like that it's going to lead to your defense being back on it's heels and out of position. On the whole they came out with a fire that has been missing for a while.

If you missed the Benn no-goal, look for the replays. Absolutely hilarious. Banked a simple dump-in off the glass and right through Fasth's legs. Would've counted if Chiasson hadn't been about four feet offside.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sweet... now all they've gotta do is beat SJ at home and I'm even on points with my decision to bench MaxPac

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The way the NHL handcuffed the team during sale is the only demoralizing thing tbh...

Eakin is def blossoming into the 2nd line C role. At this point he should be the 1 imo. Benn at C just does not work right now esp with this group. Not that we have any options really? Hes only up 1% from last year in the dot, so in 3-4 years he could be a 50% guy Its just too taxing on him and his lines now. It looks like a shutdown line now. I wonder how much his off zone time has dropped as a result?

Looking at the UFAs at C its not guna happen that way? There may be a faceoff artist in there, im not sure? Ribs looks good Ott or Dubs would be great if possible.

Im not clear on the callup rules, but with Texas making a run shouldn't most of these kids be getting some playoff time in? 4 moves but moved guys can go up and down?

Alex and Gogo both have a good spark going.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just a couple of minor line changes from Friday night. With MacDermid out due to an upper body injury Wandell draws in. Also Eriksson and Fraser flip sides, each going to their natural wings.

Whitney - Benn - Chiasson
    Fraser - Eakin - Eriksson
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    Roussel - Wandell - Garbutt

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Icon

Chiasson! I'd say the top line minutes paid off - haven't seen the highlights but he had just under 18 mins of ice. Hope this continues, I've been patiently waiting on this guy for a long time.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Who'd have thunk it... despite the first sale this week, losing the first 2 games this week and apparently giving up all playoff hope - Lehtonen comes through with two tough road wins to cap the week!

Never doubted him for a second

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now that was an impressive win. The Stars were clicking in every phase of the game with the exception of the powerplay. And even at that, just like the past three games or so, the powerplay is only lacking finish. Their getting the opportunities and creating chances on the powerplay but they just don't have the goals to show for it.

And I will admit I was wrong when I thought they'd turtle down the stretch. This team is showing a ton a character and grit. They refuse to go quietly and after tonight are sitting ninth, just two points back of Detroit. Will it end in a playoff spot? Or will they be heartbreakers again? If they keep playing like they did tonight I wouldn't bet against the former.

Now with the good news done we come to the bad. Kari left the game late in the first with an lower-body injury, which as we all know with him is most likely a groin injury. Nerves of steel, balls of glass. We'll see what news comes out of the Stars camp tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Nerves of steel, balls of glass.
    Buahahha love it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default two points about Stars

New to this thread, but perhaps someone can help me:

1. Why is Benn so frustrating to own? 5 goals tonite, nothing from him when i really needed it. is he playing hurt?
    2. why does Dallas management and fans put up with obviously psychotic fans banging on the glass throughout the game? It is SO loud and so annoying and distracting. I can't imagine it wouldn't be annoying sitting near those nutbars and especially behind them, as they are always standing. i can no longer watch Stars home games. I've watched hockey for 40 years, have never witnessed anything that weird...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Why is Benn so frustrating to own? 5 goals tonite, nothing from him when i really needed it. is he playing hurt?
    Talk about a tough crowd lol.

He's playing at almost a ppg clip... probably a little less than what people wanted, but playing hurt is a stretch haha.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    New to this thread, but perhaps someone can help me:

1. Why is Benn so frustrating to own? 5 goals tonite, nothing from him when i really needed it. is he playing hurt?
    2. why does Dallas management and fans put up with obviously psychotic fans banging on the glass throughout the game? It is SO loud and so annoying and distracting. I can't imagine it wouldn't be annoying sitting near those nutbars and especially behind them, as they are always standing. i can no longer watch Stars home games. I've watched hockey for 40 years, have never witnessed anything that weird...
    It's been rumored he's still not 100% after the wrist injury, but I think more of it has to do with all the line juggling that has been going on. When he first came back after the holdout the lines were fairly consistent and he was able to get in sync with his linemates. That hasn't been the case lately.

As far as the glass bangers, yeah I have to agree it's a little annoying. I can see it in cases where your front row for a good fight or whatnot, but sometimes they do get carried away.