Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I don't think he will, but I wouldn't rule it out. The AHL playoffs are about to begin and he's key piece for them. It all comes down to whether they feel he'll benefit more from a long, hopefully, playoff run in the "A", or from getting exposure to the NHL, albeit in what may be trying times from a wining perspective.

Keep this in mind about AHL callups for all teams over the remainder of the season. From Mike Heika's blog post earlier today....
    Very informative. Thanks!
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Very informative. Thanks!
    What I said about Fraser an hour ago....all bets are off now. With Vincour gone and Nystrom still likely to be moved the odds of him being called up go up. The next 24 hours or so will be interesting to say the least.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

How about the next 24 minutes will be interesting....

Assigned to Texas Stars (AHL):

Reilly Smith (Forward)
    Francis Wathier (Forward)

Recalled from Texas Stars (AHL):

Tom Wandell (Forward)
    Matt Fraser (Forward)
    Colton Sceviour (Forward)
    Alex Chiasson (Forward)

Per Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gully probably doesn't go until the offseason. His contract is up after this seas...

I look for Nystrom to be heading out today or tomorrow as well.
    Hate to see Nystrom go. We got great vaule out of him filling tons of roles. Can't see how they would be that far off?

Gully... Just imagine being the quiet "players" coach while this is going on?! Some one should see where BB is rumored to be ATM?

At least they are not kidding themselves anymore. Have D lined up to support G and build a nice symbiotic relationship coming up. Just need a HOFr a young one.
    Last edited by J_Blu3Jack3t; April 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Veteran

What a crazy time in Dallas. I'm a Benn owner/fan and I'm curious to see what kind of pieces Joe can put around him via the draft, trades/free agency in the offseason. I agree that it looks like he will be very active.

Good for Joe for trading Jagr (the right move IMO) for picks, and Roy as well rather than letting him walk for nothing (as it sounds like a re-signing wasn't in the cards). To be honest, I have never been a big Roy fan anyhow. They will defienitely have some cap room to play with now, should be interesting to see what kind of moves Joe N makes. I have a vested interest in Benn, so I really hope they can put some talent around him so that he can see some of his full potential.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    What a crazy time in Dallas.
    Good for Joe for trading Jagr (the right move IMO) for picks...I have a vested interest in Benn, so I really hope they can put some talent around him so that he can see some of his full potential.
    Not going to be easy for Benn thats for sure. Newy is asking the world and then some of this kid.

If they can grab a gritty C with faceoff skills would be huge right now! If they end up with 2 and let the new captian? float back at Wing a bit would be great for him. They are def on the hunt for C via draft my guess. Aside from a 2/3 with grit not much out there. We have let go of the the best avail?
    Last edited by J_Blu3Jack3t; April 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Looks like Nystrom will be sticking around. I thought as a pending UFA he would be on the move, but such was not the case. Glad to see him stick around.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like Nystrom will be sticking around. I thought as a pending UFA he would be on the move, but such was not the case. Glad to see him stick around.
    Me three. That guy has been a nice surprise and he seems to thrive here. I'd like to keep him around.

Kind of surprised Robidas isn't being fitted with a new jersey today, though.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Glen Gulutzan has officially lost whatever was left of his mind. Check this out for line combos tonight....

Nystrom - Benn - Cole
    Whitney - Eriksson - Fraser
    Roussel - Eakin - Chiasson
    MacDermid - Wandell - Garbutt

Dillon - Goligoski
    Daley - Robidas
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen

Loui at center!? I know the trades have signaled surrender for this season, but really, what does this accomplish? Your not even going to try and see what Eakin can do from here to the finish line as a second line center?

From Mike Heika's blog today....

Vern Fiddler (leg) and Ryan Garbutt (hand) were not supposed to play tonight, but both could make early returns from their injuries, so Eriksson could switch back to the wing and Fiddler could play center, but the Stars wouldn’t mind looking at Eriksson in the center position. Here is coach Glen Gulutzan on the situation:

“Possibly, we’ll see with Fiddler possibly coming into the lineup, but he is going to see some time at center for sure,” Gulutzan said.

Eriksson said the last time he played center was at age 15. He has won 3-of-16 faceoffs this season, and said he has much to learn about the position.
    Now, we’ll see how much time he actually gets there, but Jamie Benn had played no center in his life before they switched him from wing to center three years ago, so maybe this is another attempt to create a top-line center. It’s a situation that we will be watching.
    Yes Benn has been serviceable as a center but he's still best suited as the team's top line LW, why take arguably your top line RW and move him to center too? I don't get it. I know they need a #1 center but neither Benn nor Eriksson are the solution. Oh well, maybe Loui will be a pleasant surprise in the role. Time will tell.

Also Ryan Garbutt has been activated from IR and Colton Sceviour has been re-assigned to Texas for the AHL playoffs. Sceviour had been slated to play RW with Wandell and MacDermid earlier today.

Dobber Sports Wizard

A couple of tidbits from last night.

-The Stars had eight players dress last night that are 23 or under....

Jamie Benn - 23
    Philip Larsen - 23
    Antoine Roussel - 23
    Lane MacDermid - 23
    Alex Chiasson - 22
    Matt Fraser - 22
    Brenden Dillon -22
    Cody Eakin - 21

Naturally this is a trend you can get used to seeing over the next few seasons. Mike Heika has an blog post that draws the analogy between parenting and the rebuilding process in Dallas. Good read as usual from him....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...-a-while.html/

-Bit of trivia. Lane MacDermid scored his first NHL goal last night, exactly 31 years to the day that his dad, Paul, scored his first NHL goal.

-Sorry to those who I steered into grabbing Antoine Roussel. I figured he would have blown his top by now and would have racked up some tasty PIM numbers. All of a sudden he morphs into a Lady Byng candidate, minus the offense. For what it's worth, I put my money where my mouth is and picked him up in my best one year league looking for that PIM boost, so I shot myself in the foot too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Question for you guys: How demoralizing is it to be a Stars fan right now?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Question for you guys: How demoralizing is it to be a Stars fan right now?
    I'm actually not, but it may be a relative thing.

When we couldn't re-sign Brad Richards because our current owner was bankrupt and there were no interested buyers for the team? That was when I was seriously demoralized.

When the Hicks group were buyers at the deadline instead of sellers, because the short-term revenue of hosting a few playoff games was deemed more important than the long-term health of the franchise? That was when I was demoralized.

I have no problem with the last few days. Jagr is not the solution here.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't see anything demoralizing here.....they shipped out aging players and expiring contracts in Jagr and Morrow in return for prospects and picks. Very smart asset management IMO. The Roy deal was also smart management as he wasn't going to resign, and I've never been a fan....just too bad Ott had to get shipped to bring him here in the first place.

The cupboards look bare right now, but picks and prospects came back the other way, along with a lot of cap flexibility......there are lots of options come the draft/free agency. I think this was managed very well personally.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Wizard

Looks like some interesting new line combos tonight....

Whitney - Benn - Chiasson
    Eriksson - Eakin - Fraser
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    MacDermid - Roussel - Garbutt

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen

Love it that Eakin is getting some prime time minutes. Really digging his game and compete levels. I don't know how many will agree with me, but I think he has everything necessary to be the Stars long term answer at second line center. Hopefully Gulutzan will leave him there for the duration of the season so we can all get a good long look.

Chiasson really impressed in his debut Wednesday night and reaps the rewards getting to skate with Benn and Wiz.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like some interesting new line combos tonight....

Whitney - Benn - Chiasson
    Eriksson - Eakin - Fraser
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    MacDermid - Roussel - Garbutt

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen

Love it that Eakin is getting some prime time minutes. Really digging his game and compete levels. I don't know how many will agree with me, but I think he has everything necessary to be the Stars long term answer at second line center. Hopefully Gulutzan will leave him there for the duration of the season so we can all get a good long look.

Chiasson really impressed in his debut Wednesday night and reaps the rewards getting to skate with Benn and Wiz.
    Yeah, I figured that would happen. Eakin has been playing too well overall this season and should at least be given a shot at the second line. I don't know why you'd want to try to covert Louie into a center. That idea seemed drug-related to me.

RETIRED