Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Do you think they'll move Robidas before the deadline?

I suspect that the acquisition of a high-end D-prospect indicates that they might, just as the acquisition of Cole told me that it was bye-bye Brendan.
    I hope not, seriously. Robidas is the glue guy on defense. They're shaky enough as it is and subtracting Robidas doesn't help. I don't think Dillon is ready yet to shoulder the load as the number one on D, he will be in time though. Goligoski isn't that guy either. The Stars defense is better off with Robidas than without.

I think Joe Morrow was about getting another piece of the puzzle for the future, a good young prospect in return for a vet that is in decline and that they wouldn't/didn't want to re-sign.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Finally game day! Not much new coming out of Dallas, other than the flu bug which had plagued the Stars has cleared. Yep, it's been that quiet.

Tonight's projected lines are the same as the last time they faced the Wild...

Nystrom - Benn - Jagr
    Whitney - Roy - Eriksson
    Smith - Eakin - Cole
    Roussel - Fiddler - Vincour

Dillon - Robidas
    Goligoski - Daley
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dallas picks up a big win and we get a preview of what should be a very heated rivalry in the years to come. The Stars rode their special teams and a thirst for redemption to the win. Other than a bit of a letdown in the second which allowed Minnesota to pull even at 2-2, the Stars had this one well in hand. That final ten minutes or so was intense, sparked by a mugging of Smith by Rupp and Konopka. The ensuing penalties...

13:23 DAL ANTOINE ROUSSEL : MISCONDUCT (10 MIN)
    13:23 MIN MIKE RUPP : MISCONDUCT (10 MIN)
    13:23 MIN ZENON KONOPKA : MISCONDUCT (10 MIN)
    13:23 MIN ZENON KONOPKA : ROUGHING (REILLY SMITH)
    13:23 MIN ZENON KONOPKA : ROUGHING (REILLY SMITH)
    13:23 DAL REILLY SMITH : ROUGHING (ZENON KONOPKA)

And it wasn't done there. It was very chippy and chirpy right done to the end.

- The Stars powerplay feasted on the Wild, going 3-for-6. The PK unit wasn't too shabby either killing off three of the Wild's four PP opportunities.

- Jagr picked up his 1,000th assist on Jamie Benn's game winner. Just the 12th player to ever reach that milestone.

- Richard Bachman may have had a historical win. He came on for 2:32 of work while Kari had a skate fixed. Bachman recorded zero saves, but was in goal when Benn scored tha game winner. Has anything like that ever happened before?
    Last edited by NoWayOut; March 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sounds like Fiddler might be a scratch tonight, so the Stars have called up Toby Petersen to fill his spot if he can't go.

The projected lineup is...

Nystrom - Benn - Jagr
    Whitney - Roy - Eriksson
    Smith - Eakin - Cole
    Petersen - Roussel - Vincour

Dillon - Robidas
    Goligoski - Daley
    Rome - Larsen

Lehtonen is confirmed as the starter.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Guys - I need some guidance from you. I've got till 4pm to make a decision.

I've been starting Lehtonen pretty much every week, but I'm thinking of benching him this week. This team is freaking horrible, and it pains me to watch them get outshot 40-10 every night. It's ridiculous.

He's got 4 starts: ANA, @ANA, @ANA, @SJ. Clearly not a favourable schedule.

1) What are the chances he gets all 4 starts? (tonight is the end of a B2B, but the rest are spaced out)
    2) What are the chances the team will win at least 2 of these games?

What do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I need some guidance about the upcoming week with regards to Dillon.

His +/- has been hurting me (-5 over the last 4 games) but I need some PIM so I'm thinking of playing him. I figure with 3 games against the same team, some bad blood is bound to occur and he's a likely candidate to be involved. But his +/- worries me. He is getting the tough assignments playing against the top lines every game so it's not going to get easier for him this week. Is he playing poor defensively or is he the victim of bad luck. How reliable would you say he is for next week.

I'm also going to be playing Roussel (I missed his 2 misconducts last week as he was on my bench) hoping he gets feisty too.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Guys - I need some guidance from you. I've got till 4pm to make a decision.

I've been starting Lehtonen pretty much every week, but I'm thinking of benching him this week. This team is freaking horrible, and it pains me to watch them get outshot 40-10 every night. It's ridiculous.

He's got 4 starts: ANA, @ANA, @ANA, @SJ. Clearly not a favourable schedule.

1) What are the chances he gets all 4 starts? (tonight is the end of a B2B, but the rest are spaced out)
    2) What are the chances the team will win at least 2 of these games?

What do you guys think?
    1) Very high likelihood. He's already been confirmed as tonight's starter, and I think they are going to live or die with Lehtonen in goal. That's the mentality this year since Bachman hasn't translated last year's success. Barring injury look for Kari to go as much as possible.

2) This Stars team can be schizophrenic, I'd say they are 50/50 at best to win two. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off three of four. They are a hard bunch to pin down at times. They can play up to their opponent and pull an upset and the very next game play down to an opponent and lose a game that on paper they should have won. They are a roll of the dice this year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I need some guidance about the upcoming week with regards to Dillon.

His +/- has been hurting me (-5 over the last 4 games) but I need some PIM so I'm thinking of playing him. I figure with 3 games against the same team, some bad blood is bound to occur and he's a likely candidate to be involved. But his +/- worries me. He is getting the tough assignments playing against the top lines every game so it's not going to get easier for him this week. Is he playing poor defensively or is he the victim of bad luck. How reliable would you say he is for next week.

I'm also going to be playing Roussel (I missed his 2 misconducts last week as he was on my bench) hoping he gets feisty too.
    It's a little from column A and little from column B. I think it's a little more of an overall team issue, bad luck for him as you said. Being a rookie he has had his share of gaffs that have hurt, but he has been very good in his first season. And your right, things should get very chippy and he and Roussel will be front and center for it.

Roussel is going to be a PIM monster in this mini-series against the Ducks. He has a history with them already after two games this season. Give him three straight with them, yeah there will be fireworks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    1) Very high likelihood. He's already been confirmed as tonight's starter, and I think they are going to live or die with Lehtonen in goal. That's the mentality this year since Bachman hasn't translated last year's success. Barring injury look for Kari to go as much as possible.

2) This Stars team can be schizophrenic, I'd say they are 50/50 at best to win two. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off three of four. They are a hard bunch to pin down at times. They can play up to their opponent and pull an upset and the very next game play down to an opponent and lose a game that on paper they should have won. They are a roll of the dice this year.
    Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. I've gotta agree... this stars team is one of the most unpredictable teams I've seen in recent years.

Now that Lehtonen's been confirmed, it's probably a safe bet he gets all four, so worst case scenario he gets 1 win hopefully which gives me 2 points. I'm torn between starting him or MaxPac who has 4 games.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    It's a little from column A and little from column B. I think it's a little more of an overall team issue, bad luck for him as you said. Being a rookie he has had his share of gaffs that have hurt, but he has been very good in his first season. And your right, things should get very chippy and he and Roussel will be front and center for it.

Roussel is going to be a PIM monster in this mini-series against the Ducks. He has a history with them already after two games this season. Give him three straight with them, yeah there will be fireworks.
    Thanks. I'll roll with Dillon this week. I freaking hate +/- as a category.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. I've gotta agree... this stars team is one of the most unpredictable teams I've seen in recent years.

Now that Lehtonen's been confirmed, it's probably a safe bet he gets all four, so worst case scenario he gets 1 win hopefully which gives me 2 points. I'm torn between starting him or MaxPac who has 4 games.
    Never seen a league setup where you have to make a sit em/start em choice between a skater and a goalie. A fantasy hockey flex position, hmmm. Coin toss in my mind between them. Lehtonen has the higher point potential, but the lesser probability of reaching it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Thanks. I'll roll with Dillon this week. I freaking hate +/- as a category.
    Agree. In a H2H league that is my punt category.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So I ended up starting Lehtonen and they're already down 3-0.... ugh.

This week may be my last straw with this crappy team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Damn, a guy heads off to get some rack time and all hell breaks loose. Heck I only got as far as watching the first period of last night's game this morning before heading off to bed. Let me get woke up and digest all that's happened and I'll offer my humble thoughts here shortly.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No need... season is over. Hopefully they'll be relevant again in 2-3 years. That's pretty much all there is to say lol.