Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Veteran

5 game rule only applies to junior eligible players
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    5 game rule only applies to junior eligible players
    That was quite the embarrassing faux pas on my part. You are correct and I should have remembered that.

Oopsies aside, the answer was plain and simple ice time. They want Oleksiak getting big minutes and that wasn't going to happen in Dallas. Better for his development in the long run, and he can now take this taste of the NHL and go back to Austin and hone his skills. This was Nieuwy's exact quote...

“We were very happy with how he’s played, but we think he got a taste of it, and now he can build on that taste with more minutes in the minors,” said Nieuwendyk. “We left him with the message: Go work on your game, use what you have learned, and the next time we call you back, we expect you to have moved to an even higher level.”
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Icon

I've been following Larsen for a couple of years and have had him on my bench/farm basically taking up space - he seems to have been passed over by both Dillon and Oleksiak. What do you think are point potentials for these two guys? In one league I am considering dropping Larsen for Oleksiak that is multi-cat but heavily weighted to points (farm roster spot), and I already dropped Larsen for Dillon in another.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I've been following Larsen for a couple of years and have had him on my bench/farm basically taking up space - he seems to have been passed over by both Dillon and Oleksiak. What do you think are point potentials for these two guys? In one league I am considering dropping Larsen for Oleksiak that is multi-cat but heavily weighted to points (farm roster spot), and I already dropped Larsen for Dillon in another.

I think Dillon should be good for 30+, and Oleksiak should be a 40+ option on top of what should be really good peripherals.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Big shake up coming tonight. Reilly Smith gets bumped up to Roy's line on the left-wing and Loui shifts back over to his familiar right-wing spot on that same line. Ryder get's bumped down to Eakin's line. More breakdown including Gulutzan's thoughts on the switch in this article from Mike Heika....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...ond-line.html/

Dobber Sports Wizard

What a comeback! That showed a lot of character by the Stars to claw their way back into it. Total team effort to get the job done on the road. The win was great, now we have to hope for good news on Kari.

I'll have a complete recap posted later, along with the Friday Night Studs & Duds.

Dobber Sports Icon

GWG from Dillon - he's really solidifying himself. Adds some toughness on their backend too, which they really need.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Wizard

GWG from Dillon - he's really solidifying himself. Adds some toughness on their backend too, which they really need.
    Dillon impresses me as being a super-sized Stephane Robidas with more offensive upside. He's going to be a really good one and a rock on the blue line for quite some time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Per Mike Heika the Stars are going to roll with the same line combos and D pairings as they did Friday night....

Morrow - Benn - Jagr
    Smith - Roy - Eriksson
    Roussel - Eakin - Ryder
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Garbutt

Dillon - Robidas
    Rome - Daley
    Goligoski - Larsen

Bachman
    Nilstorp

Dobber Sports Wizard

A few quick hits from last nights tough loss....

- Where oh where has last year's Bachman gone. Another mixed affair from him last night. At times he looked good, but also several shaky moments as well.

- In all fairness to Bachman, a couple of those goals, Horak and Stajan, were on the defense in my opinion, not him. Nobody picked up Horak on that rebound, Rome was close but looking the other way. On the Stajan goal both Goli and Daley were behind the net playing the puck leaving Stajan all alone with an open look.

- It's not all bad news and negativity. The bottom six and the kids are really bringing it lately. They've been scoring, fighting, hitting, creating turnovers, you name it, they're doing it.

- The loss last night was the first in regulation for the Stars when they've had the lead after two periods dating back to Oct. 31, 2009. That was a string of 79 games.

- The Stars are off until Thursday when the Canucks come looking for revenge. That game will kick off a stretch of five games in eight days to finish out the month.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Got some injury updates to pass along via Mike Heika's twitter feed.

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
    A couple of injury updates from Joe Nieuwendyk: Kari Lehtonen is feeling better; could skate Tues/Wed. Saturday is not out of the question.
    Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
    Trevor Daley (uper body injury from Sunday) should have an MRI today or tomorrow. Also doesn't look severe.
    Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
    Ray Whitney (foot) could skate in the next few days, but still is 2 weeks or so away.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Stars recalled Jordie Benn and Matt Fraser from Texas. Wandell and Vicour were sent down as the corresponding moves.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656298

Benn's recall is not surprising as the Stars had just six D up prior to Daley's injury. Even though it's not believed to be an serious injury they did need to have an extra body up.

Fraser is an interesting one to watch how they use him. More sniper than playmaker, and he does have a physical edge to his game.

Dobber Sports Ace

any idea where whitney will line up when he is back?
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Dillon impresses me as being a super-sized Stephane Robidas with more offensive upside. He's going to be a really good one and a rock on the blue line for quite some time.
    Just snagged him of the WW in my sim league (where size/defense add to his value). Would you say its safe to think he's up for the duration of the season? From what I've seen he does not look out of place in the bigs.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PatyOFurniture View Post
    any idea where whitney will line up when he is back?
    I would expect him to slide right back into his spot on Roy's wing. He may end up on PP2 to start off when he returns, but I would expect he him to be back on PP1 sooner rather than later.

Just snagged him of the WW in my sim league (where size/defense add to his value). Would you say its safe to think he's up for the duration of the season? From what I've seen he does not look out of place in the bigs.
    Oh yeah I think he's safe, this year and beyond. The fans in Cedar Park(Austin) are going to have to jump on Interstate 35 and head north if they want to see him play in person again.