Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Morning skate notes from Mike Heika....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...jor-ones.html/

Also, here's a link to our own Angus and his most recent post for Defending Big D...

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013/2/...ars-jamie-benn

If you haven't been reading their stuff you need to. It goes beyond just Jeff though. The whole crew over there does an excellent job, so check it out.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Make it four-in-a-row! In so many ways this was right to the script for the Stars this season. Sketchy play in their own end, too many penalties, stellar penalty kill, Lehtonen playing on a whole other level, you get the picture. The main thing is they got the all-important two points, and continue their hot streak.

- The Garbutt-Fiddler-Nystrom line came up clutch to help seal the deal in the third. Gulutzan opened the final frame with these guys to set a tone and they delivered. Two goals and two assists in the third that put the game away.

- Ryan Garbutt is the latest to watch from the press box then return to the lineup with a good game. He was hustling all over the ice all night and was rewarded with his second goal of the season.

- Eight-ball off the rail, in the corner pocket! With that Dillon goal to draw even you just got the impression it was going to be their night. If you missed it...

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...201401&lang=en

Dobber Sports Wizard

A good read on Lehtonen, plus a couple of other tidbits....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...-tuesday.html/

Still waiting for word on any lineup changes or if they will roll with the same again tonight. I do look for Bacher to get the start, though that's just a hunch, nothing official.

Dobber Sports Pro

does Bachman start tonight against the flames?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post

- Eight-ball off the rail, in the corner pocket! With that Dillon goal to draw even you just got the impression it was going to be their night. If you missed it...

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...201401&lang=en
    Dillon is starting to look really good. He's the first young Stars defenseman in quite awhile who I'm actually excited about.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Dillon is starting to look really good. He's the first young Stars defenseman in quite awhile who I'm actually excited about.
    You and me both. I'm actually playing him and counting on some decent production, mostly in the PIM and Hits department, but also some point as well.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thinking of making a big trade involving the acqusition of one Alex Goligoski. I really like the offence in Dallas (I plucked Morrow from the wires last week, and have Benn along with Roy already).

Reading some of the comments after tonights game, it seems he has been playing quite dreadful. My trade is Koivu/Weber for Clarkson/Goli... do you sense danger? Is he a lock on PP1 this year? My league heavily favors goals over assists (5 pts to 3, hence targetting clarkson).
    11 Team Keeper - Yahoo Pts Only
    G 4 - A 3 - +/- .5 - HIT .2 - SOG .2 - PIM .2 - BLK.2
    W 5 - L -3 - GA -.5 - SV .2 - SO 5

C: Crosby, Seguin, Koivu, Dubinsky
    LW: Neal, Benn, Pacioretty, Dupuis
    RW: Eberle, Franzen, Vrbata, Atkinson
    D: OEL, Goligoski, Wisniewsky, Dillon, Faulk, Kulikov, Souray
    G: Backstrom, Lehtonen, Price, Khubodin
    Util: Grabo, Tlusty, Ruutu
    BN: Killorn, Clutterbuck, Bouchard, Schwartz

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jross View Post
    Thinking of making a big trade involving the acqusition of one Alex Goligoski. I really like the offence in Dallas (I plucked Morrow from the wires last week, and have Benn along with Roy already).

Reading some of the comments after tonights game, it seems he has been playing quite dreadful. My trade is Koivu/Weber for Clarkson/Goli... do you sense danger? Is he a lock on PP1 this year? My league heavily favors goals over assists (5 pts to 3, hence targetting clarkson).
    I don't sense a lot of danger yet, but there is some. The organisation is committed to making him successful, they have too much invested. He's still getting PP1 time in spite of his even strength ice time diminishing, and he was a healthy scratch last week as a wake-up call. He's put up three points since his return so there is some hope Goli has taken steps to bring his game back around.

Gulutzan seems comfortable continuing to roll him out on the first power-play unit. For now I don't see that changing as long as the PP is producing. Can't speak in specifics about last night though since the game didn't record properly, so I didn't get to watch it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oleksiak has steadily improved since his call-up. He's not as far along as Dillon, but he will be another one you'll be excited about in the not too distant future.

Dobber Sports Wizard

After reading Jeff's rambling's I will make it a point to focus extra attention on watching Goli Friday night, and note that in Friday night's recap. Like I said I missed the game due to a snafu with the DVR, so I won't have a recap on last night.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Was at the game last night. Didn't pay close attention to his defensive play so perhaps it was brutal but offensively he is on another level than any other Dallas dman (not a huge compliment given what they have but i dont see him being taken off the PP anytime soon).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Oleksiak has steadily improved since his call-up. He's not as far along as Dillon, but he will be another one you'll be excited about in the not too distant future.
    I'm certainly hoping so, but after the last few highly-touted defensive prospects (ie. Vishnevskiy, Larssen), I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

With Dillon I can at least see something tangible. I'm hoping the same will be true for Oleksiak, because we don't need just one, particularly if we're seeing the last days of Robidas in a Stars uniform.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

This back-to-back issue has got to be a curse maybe? Somebody did something, said something, and the offended party hit the Stars with some old fashioned hoodoo? Answers are as hard to find as the wins themselves.

Here's Mike Heika's take on this problem...

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...to-backs.html/

One quote in there stood out above everything else. It was this...

“We were soft in the beginning, soft with our sticks, soft with our plays. We weren’t ready,” said Gulutzan. “I thought they played a solid game, but I didn’t think they came guns a blazing. I thought we were just soft.”
    So is this a coaching issue, or a player issue? You have the coach here saying they weren't ready, well that's your job as coach to have them ready. But there's also the point that quite a few of these guys are vets, they know what needs to be done to be ready. This is likely as not the old saying that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

But no matter what the answers to this are, they aren't going to come easy, something this broken is always tough to fix. But they have to come before this team can truly be a playoff contender. The Stars missed the playoffs by six points last season, and just improving to .500 in those back-to-backs last season would have been enough to get them over that hump. This season you can't afford these types of things if you have any hope of extending your season.

In other news Jamie Oleksiak was sent back down to Austin. No word on who will be recalled but speculation is Jordie Benn will be the one. I'm kind of surprised that it was the Big Rig and not Larsen that was sent down. Since no call-up has been announced it may mean whoever it is won't join the team until they return from Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Superstar

That is indeed surprising that Oleksiak was sent down. You reckon it because of the 5-game rule or whatever?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

That is indeed surprising that Oleksiak was sent down. You reckon it because of the 5-game rule or whatever?
    It seems like it, last night was his fifth game. Still I think he's played better then Larsen has and why not allow him to continue. Oleksiak has looked more at ease with each game and I thought he was ready to start making some bigger strides.