Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

The Magnificent One

Thank you fiddler. Figured this was best place to post this. I only drafted him 2 seasons ago bc he is w,c eligibility and my league counts FOW figured id dominate that stat. And wow these past few games hes been awesome. Funny how he scored 3 last night but was bad on the FO circle.

Keep the points coming i got enough FOWs to cover lol.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    ...sometimes they do get carried away.
    thanks for the feedback on Benn, i think the wrist is an issue. On the glass-banging, i'd say that quote above is a bit of an understatement. The games i watched it was almost constant, there was one maniac in a yellow jacket behind the net who was always up, it was incessant. Made me wonder if there's something in that Texas rib sauce that makes people go loco -- and make others for some reason tolerate rude, unhinged, selfish idiots. I emailed management and didn't even get the courtesy of a response.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Expected lines for tonight...

Whitney - Benn - Chiasson
    Fraser - Eakin - Eriksson
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    Roussel - Wandell - Garbutt

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Bachman

Nilstorp will serve as the backup, and Kari is still day-to-day. This lineup did a fantastic job against LA so it comes down to the old cliche, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Angry

5 more goals, Benn zilch:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    New to this thread, but perhaps someone can help me:

1. Why is Benn so frustrating to own? 5 goals tonite, nothing from him when i really needed it. is he playing hurt?
    2. why does Dallas management and fans put up with obviously psychotic fans banging on the glass throughout the game? It is SO loud and so annoying and distracting. I can't imagine it wouldn't be annoying sitting near those nutbars and especially behind them, as they are always standing. i can no longer watch Stars home games. I've watched hockey for 40 years, have never witnessed anything that weird...
    Benn seems to be playing with issues IMO a few games he would/should have dropped gloves in he hasn't.

Re glass... The left of home net has been same family since pre cup years. Use to be a really rowdy section at early reunion as well, were pantera and all the strippers got stashed away from family behind benches.

Dallas has the softest boards and "glass" in the league so they rattle a ton too. They are mic'd as well. But all the old plexi rinks fans are like that from what I have seen. The old free beer minor games?! Tho that whole row considers themselves a 6th man type deal as well.
    Last edited by J_Blu3Jack3t; April 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Benn finally scored.

Every time I tune in to a Stars game, Goligoski has at least one give away.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm stunned, i'll have to check highlights to see if they were legit goals, ie wrist shots that indicate he's not playing hurt, as opposed to tap-in garbage goals. anyway, that's a very nice start to the week.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I'm stunned, i'll have to check highlights to see if they were legit goals, ie wrist shots that indicate he's not playing hurt, as opposed to tap-in garbage goals. anyway, that's a very nice start to the week.
    Both goals were wrist shots indeed.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sorry about being so quiet lately. Got a few things in the works that have pulled my attention in other directions. I'll get caught up here a bit with some news and links....

- Word is Chiasson's injury was to a shoulder. At this point he's considered day-to-day.

- Radek Faksa has been assigned to the Texas Stars. With Kitchner out of the playoffs Radek can keep getting work in. Whether he sees the ice in a game will depend on how he performs in practice from what I've read.

- Cristopher Nilstorp has been re-assigned to Texas. Kari is at least able to play backup, though you have to figure this signals he'll be back starting.

- Texas Stars’ Willie Desjardins named AHL Coach of the Year

- And last, but not least, a good read from Mike Heika.....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...arwinism.html/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow, huge game from Benn to start off the final week of my H2H keeper league!!! I'd assumed that his wrist injury was still a problem and had given up on any kind of goal scoring from him this season.....from the box scores, seems like he has been reluctant to shoot the puck. He has such a fantastic shot, why doesn't he use it more? Is he indeed still hurt?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Wizard

And while I was typing out the previous post, word came out that Reilly Smith has been recalled from Texas on an emergency basis. With Chiasson and MacDermid out they were shorthanded, and the emergency designation is likely procedural to allow him to still qualify to play in the Calder Cup playoffs and give the Stars roster maneuverability should they actually find themselves in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Wow, huge game from Benn to start off the final week of my H2H keeper league!!! I'd assumed that his wrist injury was still a problem and had given up on any kind of goal scoring from him this season.....from the box scores, seems like he has been reluctant to shoot the puck. He has such a fantastic shot, why doesn't he use it more? Is he indeed still hurt?
    I can't say for sure that he's still injured, but he hasn't been the same since that game against Phoenix when the injury first happened. As far as the shooting, every Stars fan and Benn owner has been wondering the same thing. The wrist still has to be an issue, as nothing else really makes sense.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bit of shake-up in lines at the morning skate....

Whitney - Benn - Eriksson
    Smith - Eakin - Garbutt
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    Roussel - Wandell - Fraser

Gulutzan said Trevor Daley will be able to play tonight, so the D pairings will likely be...

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Kari Lehtonen has been confirmed as the starter which is huge as the Stars continue to frantically pursue the eighth seed.

On the injury front, Alex Chiasson is still listed as day-to-day and will sit out tonight nursing a shoulder injury. Lane MacDermid is skating again, but still not ready to play after suffering a rib injury that left him coughing up blood.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Bit of shake-up in lines at the morning skate....

Whitney - Benn - Eriksson
    Smith - Eakin - Garbutt
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Cole
    Roussel - Wandell - Fraser

Gulutzan said Trevor Daley will be able to play tonight, so the D pairings will likely be...

Daley - Robidas
    Dillon - Goligoski
    Rome - Larsen

Kari Lehtonen has been confirmed as the starter which is huge as the Stars continue to frantically pursue the eighth seed.

On the injury front, Alex Chiasson is still listed as day-to-day and will sit out tonight nursing a shoulder injury. Lane MacDermid is skating again, but still not ready to play after suffering a rib injury that left him coughing up blood.
    Boy do I hope those lines stick. Really need Eriksson to have a strong finish.

Thanks for the info!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Icon

Any word on Chiasson tonight? I have Fraser dressed (yeah scraping the barrel for points) but would obviously rather have AC in if he's healthy...
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin