Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by J_Blu3Jack3t View Post
    The Tort talk is lols. They are working the media good at least

Lindy by Friday sez my magic 8. Him or WillieD' would be the best fit "overall."

1. WillieD'/Blashill
    2. Ruff
    3. Rest smoke and mirrors or it would be done. Suspect that is why we are hearing less about #2 vs ...
    Nill has said he'd like to have a coach named before the draft, but has also said that's not a firm deadline. I found a live stream yesterday for Heika's interview on 1310, in it he said there is real interest in Tippett. Obviously that means the pre-draft hiring is out the window if that's the case.

My gut says he is after Tippett or Blashill, and he has to wait on both. I do think if he wants NHL head coaching experience, and he's not waiting on Tippett, he goes with Vigneault. Willie Desjardins could still be in play here as well.

One thing is for sure, and Heika confirmed it, Nill is playing his cards close to the vest and is not leaking, or allowing anything to be leaked, about the search. It's being conducted well outside of the media spotlight.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I've been trying to find the post where I read it, but I can't find it right now. Anyway, it was about how Blashill has family reasons for staying in Michigan, something about medical issues for his wife if I remember correctly. That would make him pretty unlikely. He also took the AHL head coaching gig because Babcock, Blashill and Ken Holland all felt that the NHL was perhaps too big of a jump from college coaching, so getting his feet wet in the AHL would be better.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I've been trying to find the post where I read it, but I can't find it right now. Anyway, it was about how Blashill has family reasons for staying in Michigan, something about medical issues for his wife if I remember correctly. That would make him pretty unlikely. He also took the AHL head coaching gig because Babcock, Blashill and Ken Holland all felt that the NHL was perhaps too big of a jump from college coaching, so getting his feet wet in the AHL would be better.
    I don't know about Blashill's wife having medical issues, she very well might, but I know Nill's wife does that's why he's passed on opportunities outside of Detroit until now....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...foundation.ece

As far as Blashill, after seeing his bio and what coaching gigs he's had, it makes sense that they'd want him to get some more experience before making the jump.

Really makes me wonder even more if the wait has more to do with Tippett, and not so much on waiting for the Calder Cup playoffs to conclude to talk with Blashill. We shall see...
    Last edited by NoWayOut; June 13, 2013 at 6:32 AM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mark Stepneski posted a short piece on the search for the new bench boss in the wake of Alain "I just made the biggest mistake of my life" Vigneault deciding to forego a great job in Texas, to toil away in some backwater burg nobody's ever heard of called New York. Really? New York!?!? The name sounds made up. I doubt that place actually exists.

(I'm not bitter, but may Vigneault purchase of every 50th Krusty Burger)

Anyway, my nonsensical rantings aside, the interesting point in the piece was now Nill wants to have a coach in place by the draft or the start of free agency.

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/06/1...f-the-process/

That last bit, "the start of free agency(July 5th, btw), really ramps up the speculation he at least wants to talk to Tippett. Nill has been mum on who all the candidates have been, but this will do nothing to curb the Tippett talk.

Dobber Sports Wizard

A good read on the coaching search from Mike Heika.....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...the-same.html/

The Great One

Benn shows off Dallas Stars new threads.

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/06/1...s-new-uniform/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post

One thing is for sure, and Heika confirmed it, Nill is playing his cards close to the vest and is not leaking, or allowing anything to be leaked, about the search. It's being conducted well outside of the media spotlight.

That is why I suspect Ruff has been the main guy all along while playing the fence on Tippet. Why the Ruff talk was so quiet. Huge change in media use, some of it is very Jerry'esque like. Good for staying in the limelight and creating interest. If promotions and venue atmosphere issues go this route as well, should be greatness. I do not think AV ever wanted to come here tbh and they both knew that but played the game. Wonder if Carbs comes on now?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...729/story.html

VANCOUVER — Cross another possible Canucks coaching candidate off the list: veteran bench boss Lindy Ruff is reportedly about to sign with the Dallas Stars.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is reporting that Ruff, who coached the Buffalo Sabres over 16 years, will hook up with the Stars. Team president Jim Lites delivered the word at a Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce luncheon on Thursday.

Lites said he shook Ruff’s hand in Frisco as he walked to his car to head to Fort Worth, saying that barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Stars would sign Ruff.

* with Colorado bowing out on Seth would Nill have interst in trying to make a deal? What pieces would it take? He did have the luxory for years with one of the best D there ever was. What a comy blanket like that would do for Kari, Cambell...
    Last edited by J_Blu3Jack3t; June 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lindy Ruff hired as Dallas Stars coach

The Dallas Stars on Friday morning announced they have hired Lindy Ruff to be their new coach.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Wizard

Matt Fraser and Cameron Gaunce both signed one-year, two-way deals. No word on the money yet. Looks like both will be splitting time between Cedar Park and Dallas. I do think Gaunce could get a bit more time based on his abilities in the defensive end and the Stars obvious weakness there.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lots to talk about after the last couple of days. We'll start off with the free agent news...

Tom Wandell, Richard Bachman, and Jordie Benn were not given qualifying offers.

-Wandell comes as no surprise and he is likely headed back to Europe. The indifference meter was pegged on that one.

-Bachman comes as a bit of a surprise and yet not that much of one. He didn't back up his performance from '11-'12, and with Nilstorp around it's not a surprise.

On the other hand it's a bit of a surprise with the lack of depth behind Campbell in the system. The team hasn't ruled out re-signing Bachman though.

-The Stars are talking to the other J. Benn, Jordie, about re-upping. Likely a two-way deal, and he will primarily stay in Cedar Park with the occasional injury call-up.

Other RFA/UFAs

-Lane MacDermid and Luke Gazdic both re-signed for one year each.

-Tyler Beskorowany, Jace Coyle and Mathieu Tousginant were not given qualifying offers.

-Still haven't read or heard anything about Nystrom. I would expect him back but you never know.

----------------------------

Since the Stars missed out on Vinny it will interesting to see who is on the radar now. It's good news that Nill is still planning to move Jamie Benn back to his natural wing position. Just have to wait to see when it happens(this season? next?) and who will be centering him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bachman is kinda suprising. Guess it leaves an out for a vet G. Saw some speculation on a Russian backup that had some good points for Vals transition to US/NHL. Prolly seeing how a deal for C works out. Ribs would be a huge improvement imo. Not a better fit out there for Louie/Benn. Then a causal 2/3 guy with FO abilities could battle it out with Eakin.

Jordie getting a deal smells like a few D might be on the move. The Daley article had some interesting opions. I still think its Robidas if we trade for C of a 1/2a caliber. His vaule to cap strapped contenders needing D is worth a ton. I would say more so now than at the deadline return wise given his hit. Barn doors are busting open down in Austin for a few D to make the big show this year. Seems like it would be better to get them up this year than to wait.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Monster

I like what Nill has done today. What a solid day for the Stars. They completely rebuilt their center position.

1) Seguin
    2) Peverly
    3) Horcoff

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I like what Nill has done today. What a solid day for the Stars. They completely rebuilt their center position.

1) Seguin
    2) Peverly
    3) Horcoff
    Guess they aren't too confident with Eakin yet...
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Magnificent One

so dobber just touched on it but I guess my question is what about fiddler. I am in a deep league and he has been gold considering we count FW. he has had w/c eligibility and added a ton of FW. last season he even went on a run of some really scoring potential.

with all these signings what happens to fiddler? I am not so much concerned with him adding points its more about the FW. he seemed to be one of the go to guys in Dallas for FW's that is, that's why I am a bit shocked here.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Holy hell. They called us into work early yesterday, so I missed all this when it went down. I'll have to read up on Nill's busy day before I offer any thoughts.