Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm interested to see what Matt Fraser can do.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Just snagged him of the WW in my sim league (where size/defense add to his value). Would you say its safe to think he's up for the duration of the season? From what I've seen he does not look out of place in the bigs.
    I'm fairly confident that Dillon's here for the duration, and I'd say it's Larssen's position that is somewhat precarious on the D-line.

Also, Oleksiak being sent down after five and then not being recalled after Daley's injury would indicate to me that he's staying down.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I'm interested to see what Matt Fraser can do.
    As am I. Curious to see who takes a seat if he draws in. It's kind of hard to point to any one forward who hasn't in some way been contributing lately.

Did see this earlier...

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
    Lines today if you want to speculate: Morrow-Benn-Jagr. Smith-Eriksson-Fraser. Rousell-Eakin-morrow/Jagr. Nystrom-Fiddler-Garbutt.
    The previous tweet from Mike mentioned that Roy and Ryder didn't skate. Nothing about injuries, just that they were not there, so at this point I'm assuming they were just given maintenance days.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tonight's projected lineup....

Morrow - Benn - Jagr
    Smith - Roy - Eriksson
    Roussel - Eakin - Ryder
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Garbutt

Dillon - Robidas
    Rome - Goligoski
    Benn - Larsen

Nilstorp

Fraser is looking like a healthy scratch. Seen speculation that this is kind of a get-to-know-me, get-to-know-you thing with Fraser. He gets to take part in practice, show the coaches first hand what he can do, and like Dumba in Minny, he gets a taste of life in the NHL. Who knows, he may see some NHL game action, I certainly hope so. Right now there just doesn't appear to be anybody who's not contributing in some way that Gulutzan could sit for Fraser to draw in.

Nothing new that I've seen about Kari, still considered day-to-day. Daley also day-to-day, but doubtful for Saturday.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dear Kari,

Help!!

Signed

The Dallas Stars and fans

----------------------------------

The return to Big D hasn't gone quite to plan. Back-to-back losses, and coughing up the lead in both isn't the way this was supposed to go. Oddly enough this was the third straight game to end 4-3, and the fourth time that has happened this month.

- After having his streak of six games with a point broken Jamie Benn got back into the scoring column with the opening salvo just 35 seconds in. We love to see you score Jamie, but let people get their $10 cups of fizzy yellow pisswater and get back to their seats first. Or in this case let me get back from the kitchen with my glass of beer. Thank god, and directv, for the ability to rewind live programming.
    #
    - Well since we're on the topic of Benn's, Jordie made his first appearance since his call-up from Cedar Park. While his TOI of 17:10 last night was tied for his second lowest of the season, he did see time in all situations including the PP. For the third time in his last four games he logged over two minutes on the man advantage, and for the first time this season logged more time on the powerplay then he did on the penalty kill, 2:46 to 1:13. Not sure what this portends for the future but aside from one horrendous turnover he played well. Actually after Nilstorp bailed him out on the turnover he immediately picked up his first point of the season with an assist on Ryder's goal thereby making amends for the mistake seconds earlier.
    - The Stars have now scored three goals or more in eight straight games which is tied for second all-time in team history. The record was 11 straight, set between Nov. 21 and Dec. 15, 2001. Their record during this run is 5-3, which leads to the next tidbit....
    - Over the last four games, Bachman and Nilstorp have combined for a 4.55 GAA and .813 SV%. Lehtonen himself is 2.12 and .934 for the season. Dare to dream, we may actually be 7-1 during this goal scoring explosion if Kari hadn't missed these last three games.
    - Did I just type/say "we" in that last bullet point? Fair to say I think I've been kidnapped as a fan by the Stars. Not a complaint, merely an observation. While I will always bleed the Red and White of my beloved Red Wings, I think it's mixed with a healthy dose of the Green and Gold now too.
    - With the loss we now drop to ninth in the Western Conference, one point back of Minnesota(8th) and division rival Phoenix(7th), and two back of another rival, and Saturday's opponent, San Jose.

Dobber Sports Wizard

On Thursday night the Stars began announcing the players that were voted to the 20th Anniversary team. Each of the remaining home games will see a player from the All-time Stars team highlighted. Thursday night it was Marty Turco, Saturday night it will be Brenden Morrow. Here's the full list of those who made the cut......

Forwards
    Stu Barnes: 2002-2008
    Jamie Benn: 2009-present
    Guy Carbonneau: 1995-2000
    Loui Eriksson: 2006-present
    Bill Guerin: 2002-2006
    Brett Hull: 1998-2001
    Jere Lehtinen: 1995-2010
    Jamie Langenbrunner: 1994-2002; 2010-2011
    Mike Modano: 1988-2010
    Brenden Morrow: 1999-present
    Joe Nieuwendyk: 1995-2002
    Steve Ott: 2002-2012

Defensemen
    Derian Hatcher: 1991-2003
    Craig Ludwig: 1991-1999
    Richard Matvichuk:1992-2004
    Stephane Robidas: 2002-2004; 2005-present
    Darryl Sydor: 1995-2003; 2006-2007; 2008-2009
    Sergei Zubov: 1996-2009

Goaltenders
    Ed Belfour: 1997-2002
    Marty Turco: 2000-2010

- Here's a link to a good interview with Daryl Reaugh on The Ticket....

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/02/2...-the-ticket-4/

- Mike Heika's observations from the Stars 4-3 loss to the Canucks....

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...s-season.html/

Dobber Sports Wizard

It appears at this point that the lines will be the same again tonight.

Morrow - Benn - Jagr
    Smith - Roy - Eriksson
    Roussel - Eakin - Ryder
    Nystrom - Fiddler - Garbutt

Dillon - Robidas
    Rome - Goligoski
    Benn - Larsen

Nilstorp will get the start in goal. Hopefully he can regain the form he had against the Wild.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good win for the Stars and the all important two points. And all the more satisfying that it came at the expense of a division rival too.

- Great job by Nilstorp to step up and deliver the kind of game the team has been needing from the backups. He stopped 31 of 32, the lone goal being a bang-bang play by Marleau off of an defensive zone draw while the Sharks had the man advantage.

- Jamie Benn picked up a Gordie Howe hat trick. The fight with Jumbo Joe gave the team a much needed jolt. Jamie fed Jagr for the opening score on the powerplay, and his goal put the game on ice. Benn's Gordie Howe hat trick was the team's second of the season, Brendan Dillon picking up the other.

- Alex Goligoski put together a good game tonight. Goli had two helpers on the night, the first of which setup Ryder's game winning powerplay goal. He's starting to show signs of breaking out of his offensive funk and it's coming none too soon. He's still looking to his first goal of the season, but maybe tonight is the catalyst he's been needing

- The powerplay showed up for this one, going 2-for-5 on the night. They did a better job of getting shots on goal and the results were tangible. Now comes the trickier bit, building on this going forward.

- A couple of injury notes from the game. Aaron Rome took a shot off his foot and Philip Larsen had a nasty collision with Wingels and the end boards. No word for sure on Rome other then "wait and see" as Mike Heika tweeted. Larsen did receive a cut on the forehead, but said he's fine otherwise.

- Also on the injury front. Kari Lehtonen did skate today at the practice facility in Frisco and will accompany the team on the upcoming road trip. No word yet on if he will play during the trip, but we can take his travelling with the team as a good indication. Right? Also Trevor Daley has been skating and will also join the team on the road trip.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; February 24, 2013 at 3:24 AM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

With the Rome and Daley injuries Jamie Oleksiak and Carl Sneep have been recalled to fill in. Here's the press release....

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/02/2...lled-from-ahl/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Matt Fraser gets his chance in the spotlight. He's being projected as playing on the second line with Roy and Eriksson. That bumps Reilly Smith down to the third line and Antoine Roussel takes a seat.

Nilstorp will get the start, his third in a row. Kari is questionable for tomorrow night but he has been skating daily so there's some small hope.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's that most dreaded day of days, a visit to the proctologist....that's not right...oh yeah it's the dreaded second half of a back-to-back. Given the Stars futility in these games a proctological exam might be considered less unpleasant then watching the inevitable trainwreck that ensues with these. There is some reason for hope given the recent offensive outburst, but Nilstorp or Bachman will have to play better then they have recently for the Stars to end the jinx.

- Kari Lehtonen is still not ready, but expects to go Thursday per Mike Heika. Here's his morning skate update with more info...

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...ack-jinx.html/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Holy sheep! They won one! The second game of a back-to-back! Damn if they didn't make it interesting though. Great to break that long streak on losses in those games, but I'm going to be a bit of a wet-blanket. I'm not ready to say the monkey is totally off their back until they win a couple more. After all they're still 2-15-2 over the last two seasons in these games. But this was much needed and is the stepping stone to fully shaking that monkey off.

- That makes 11 straight games with three or more goals, tying the team record. I like their chances of making it an even dozen.

- Loui is starting to heating up now. He picked up two in this one, including the OT winner. There's a reason the Stars have kept the faith with him and tonight showed why.

- In the "What's new about that" column, chalk up another sketchy defensive effort. Too many times they aren't clearing the front of the net, just standing around looking, and it's showing. If Dallas just had some semblance of defense they would be a solid playoff contender. That is the one area right now that's holding them back more than anything....assuming the pesky back-to-back jinx is well and truly broken.

- Only one powerplay apiece tonight. The zebras swallowed their whistles for this one. Dallas entered the night 11th in the league on both the power play and penalty kill. This one obviously won't see that change much.

- Another good takeaway from this game, and their recent play, they aren't a one trick pony. The offense isn't coming from just one line. If Benn's line isn't the one generating the most offense, then it's Eakin's, or it's Roy's. Heck even Fiddler's line has chipped in lately, most notably the swing through western Canada. Their generating chances on multiple lines every game. And it's the kids doing it too. You've got to like that as it reinforces the notion that the Stars are in good hands with the talent in the pipeline.

Dobber Sports Icon

2 points for Dillon as well - and of course I had him benched.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default where does Cole fit in...replace Jagr

Any chance Cole will replace Jagr with Benn? Any opinions? Thanks!