Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Report] Doan apparently offered 4 year/30mil by Eastern Conference team.

Dobber Sports Stud

This thread alone has led me to just trade him in league in my sig for Joe Colborne - I want no part of a huge contract as I'm already over the cap and it would severely hinder attempts to get value for him!
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wonder if it was Winnipeg, if I'm reading this right, they need to spend almost 5M just to get to the floor. Although maybe I'm just thinking this because Doan played for the original WPG franchise.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I agree that Doan is a great player, and someone I would want on my team. But after thinking about this, if money were the same, I'd take Semin for sure.

Goal scoring is a rare thing, and I'll count on my third line checking centerman to give the 'Win one for the Gipper' talks when we're down by a goal.

Doulos, it's not just "win one for the Gipper", it's skating like a madman and hitting opposing Dmen hard in overtime in a Game 7 in the playoffs, and having enough skill to bury a scoring chance when it pops up. He is not just about locker room leadership, although that's one of his hallmarks.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Doulos, it's not just "win one for the Gipper", it's skating like a madman and hitting opposing Dmen hard in overtime in a Game 7 in the playoffs, and having enough skill to bury a scoring chance when it pops up. He is not just about locker room leadership, although that's one of his hallmarks.
    To be completely frank, what good has that done is team?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    To be completely frank, what good has that done is team?
    A lot - they would have really sucked without him.

I wonder about the Canes here.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I wonder if it was Winnipeg, if I'm reading this right, they need to spend almost 5M just to get to the floor. Although maybe I'm just thinking this because Doan played for the original WPG franchise.
    That was my first thought when I read this post. I was really hoping they could somehow convince Selanne to play his last year in the Peg. Doan's return to the team that drafted him would also be a great story....but not at north of 7 mil per year.

Ridiculous.

Also, glad to see someone sticking up for Semin a bit. The bashing he gets from the media is getting very old. Even if some of it was justified, it is so excessive and I wonder if he'd get anywhere near the amount of flak if he wasn't Russian.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Id take Semin.
    And i think with regards to Winnipeg i think they need a Semin more then they need a Doan, their goal scoring ability is looking a bit lacking. Actually they could use/need both.

To be perfectly frank, from a Sabres perspective siging Doan goes welll beyond points or locker room rah-rah.

Think about it. All you original six and stanley cup winning teams take signing players for granted. Try being a Sabres team that hasn't won shit.

How exactly do you go about changing the culture and the league's perspective about your club?? Sign a guy like Doan. It makes a statement at whatever the cost that you're a franchise that's serious about winning a cup. That one signing could potentially beget future signings. Future free agents would look at it and say "damn theae guys are serious" It's an investment more than anything.

I would totally accept the overpayment. You and your Cup rings cant possibly empathize.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I know that Winnipeg was technically an eastern conference team last season but the league is going to realign for next season and Winnipeg is west. I think they would have said a team in the west. Or something else like that. I doubt they are referring to Winnipeg.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ridiculous money for four years. Even one year. It's hard to feel sorry for the NHL owners when they cry about contracts escalating out of control when they send a ridiculous offer like this. These kind of deals drive up the price of everyone else. They are the ones driving the NHL towards another lockout. I love Shane Doan but he is not worth that money. Period.

That is if the speculation is true.

Dobber Sports Ace

i hate that when you google "huge deal for shane doan" this link pops up near top of list....only a "rumor" but why aren't there links to other teams too...

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelp...ers-shane-doan

i like the guy and he would definitely be a great addition to the Flyers or any other team for that matter, but come on....that contract is waaay too much.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is Philly the big suitor??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

The annual salary is way too much but the length is what makes it laughable.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Philly the big suitor??
    i sincerely doubt it, it makes no sense cap-wise. yeah they have the space to sign him to this ridiculous offer...but that would essentially wipe em out. is Doan the missing piece they need....NO.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Pro

Per Rotoworld:

Shane Doan - W - Coyotes

Shane Doan's agent has confirmed that the Pittsburgh Penguins have presented his client with an offer.
    Doan has interest in joining the Penguins, where he would play alongside either Sidney Crosby of Evgeni Malkin. The San Jose Sharks are also still in the running and we can't rule out the possibility of him ultimately re-signing with the Phoenix Coyotes. Beyond that, the Detroit Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks, and Los Angeles Kings might all be potential destinations for Doan.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Jul 17 - 11:11 AM

I wonder if this is implying that the Pens made the big offer. I didn't think they had the cap space in upcoming years, but I guess if there is a will then there is a way.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."