Thread: Trade for Pieterangelo or keep my keepers!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade for Pieterangelo or keep my keepers!

Should I try to land AP. his owner is open to offers. Are any of my keepers worth him? Or should I stay and try to draft guys like Schultz or Faulk?
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

The Great One

Hmmm- hed look pretty solid as a keeper with big buff. Who to offer though? Hossas injury scares me and es starting to get up there in age. I was actually trying to move him last year as his season had "sell high" written all over it. Semin if you think hes a KHL risk although unless the other GM is a hopeless gambler he probably wouldnt take that until he signed somewhere.

I also hate trading forwards for D-men- lol! Maybe Hossa for AP and a draft upgrade???

The Great One

What do his keepers look like? Youve got a very good non keeper in Huberdeau so a two for 1 offer could work for you if he is thin in that department.

Something like Sellanne/Elias? (Unlikely)
    Or Elias/Huberdeau? (Definitely should be intriguing)

Dobber Sports Legend

I would try to package MDZ and Elias for Pietrangelo.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    What do his keepers look like? Youve got a very good non keeper in Huberdeau so a two for 1 offer could work for you if he is thin in that department.

Something like Sellanne/Elias? (Unlikely)
    Or Elias/Huberdeau? (Definitely should be intriguing)
    I was thinking of offering selanne and Hartnell cuz he is rather weak. I think it's still low!

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,

Banned

I think AP is a defintely a more valuable asset than Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, Elias, or any of your non-keepers.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    I was thinking of offering selanne and Hartnell cuz he is rather weak. I think it's still low!
    Yeah in a points only thats probably low but its worth trying. The inclusion of Hartnell adds some name value in there, but hes a guy I dont especially mind losing based on your format. I might even mention Huberdeau is available if he were interested too- give him some options- especially considering you cant keep him anyways and a top notch blue chip prospect may have some appeal to a guy whose keeper choices have thinned out.

Essentially Id offer any two of Sellanne, Hartnell, Huberdeau.

If talks progressed I might sub in Elias if you could get some value coming back- maybe a draft upgrade somewhere.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    I think AP is a defintely a more valuable asset than Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, Elias, or any of your non-keepers.
    Debateable- certainly not definite imho. Not sure Id trade Gaborick, Semin or even Hossa straight up. Same ballpark maybe depending on the format- but not a no brainer. In my league I wouldnt trade even Hossa straight up for AP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Debateable- certainly not definite imho. Not sure Id trade Gaborick, Semin or even Hossa straight up. Same ballpark maybe depending on the format- but not a no brainer. In my league I wouldnt trade even Hossa straight up for AP.
    for me its not even close. if i was offered Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, or Elias for AP , i would laugh and the discusion would be over. these guys are old and/or injury prone... AP is just taking off. wait until next year when the blues find a top-4 defenceman for him to play with...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    for me its not even close. if i was offered Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, or Elias for AP , i would laugh and the discusion would be over. these guys are old and/or injury prone... AP is just taking off. wait until next year when the blues find a top-4 defenceman for him to play with...
    Ok well I said Hossa, Gaborik, and Semin. Old and injury prone guys still put up points. In this case your looking at pretty safe bets of 70 with potential for 80+. That seems about on par with a 50 point defenseman. If you wanna go ahead and assume AP is gonna be a stud d-man from here on out, skipping any setbacks, getting a solid top 4 and continuing on an unwaivering upward trajectory- then by all means thats your perogative but today hes a 50 point D-man. If you're optimistic about him (which I am for the record) your hoping he can hold steady maybe see a modest increase. If he does hes maybe a tad better then the 70+ forward points your laughing off, and again thats assuming that they dont overachieve next year- which they have each shown they can do.

As much as I like AP though you still have to taper your expectations. Hes already gotten almost half his production- 24 points on the pp, so you have to wonder how much more he can improve there. His sogs are ok at 202- but should probably be higher to take a significant step up if hes going to build on last years totals. What exactly are your preidctions for him that make trading him so funny anyways?

Lastly- laughing at another gms offer is poor etiquette and bad strategy. All your going end up doing is scratching a name off your listof potential trade partners and limit your chances to improve your roster someday down the line.

Just sayin :P

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I guess I was looking at adding Huberdeau as a keeper and wondered if I took 2 of my players to one of his then I'd have room to add Huberdeau and grab a good dman. Or I could just drop selanne as a keeper and add Huberdeau. I do like the sounds of 2 strong dmen though.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    I guess I was looking at adding Huberdeau as a keeper and wondered if I took 2 of my players to one of his then I'd have room to add Huberdeau and grab a good dman. Or I could just drop selanne as a keeper and add Huberdeau. I do like the sounds of 2 strong dmen though.
    Id keep Huberdeaufor sure there.

In fact Id try Elias/Hartnell for AP and still keep Huberdeau over Sellanne.

Dobber Sports Genius

Offer any one of M.Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, Hartnell, Elias, with Del Zotto
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Offer any one of M.Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, Hartnell, Elias, with Del Zotto
    I cerainly wouldnt start with Semin, Gaborik, Hossa- but including Del Zotto might make some sense on his end. Maybe Elias/Del Zotto? Might consider Hossa here if it came down to it- but no reason to start there. I think Gaborik+ is a non starter for me. No point in offering Semin because no ones gonna take him til he signs and if he does stay- hes not a guy Im tripping over myself to move anyways.

Dobber Sports Giant

Koivu, Gaborik, Semin, Hossa, Selanne, Elias and a non-keeper or two.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO