Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Justin Schultz pts?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think everyone for the most part has "tempred" expectations for the upcoming season and rightfully so. The big question is IMO, is whether Shultz can assume the quarterback role, be the top pairing guy on a team which, in most peoples reality, should explode offensively and have good success over the next several years. Can he be a part of what most poolies are drooling over..RNH, Yak, Hall, Gagner, MPV.....?? Who the hell knows what will happen, the question is, is Shultz the guy who fits with all these other potential monsters and what the sum might be? Hum? If the answer is yes, this guy's fantasy value is potentially huge! It's all a gamble, but if the hype is true, this guy could be positioned for one hell of a run and early on, not 4 years, 2. A releveant aside, interesting that he signed with the Oil when he could have signed just about anywhere else....yes?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    interesting that he signed with the Oil when he could have signed just about anywhere else....yes?
    no, Edmonton was probably the best place for a team to give him everything he wanted

top 4, first pp, young growing team......edmonton made the most sense.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I hear the same argument when people talk about players going to Pittsburgh and the like. People put too much stock into a player's teammates. 30 pts is not the minimum, and it's not even a guarantee that their PP is any good this year (PP does not translate from year-to-year).

A guy like Fowler didn't even reach 30 points this season and he had just as good of forwards up front. Nothing is a given.

I'll say that I"m loving the optimism though. I got a pretty good return for him in my league (Jack Johnson).
    Um because it's true. Many of average players have looked good on Pitt.

Everyone needs to remember, although still never played an NHL game, Justin is 22 in like a week. He wont be entering the league as an 18 year old. Big difference.
    I think he will put up between 32-38 points.
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nyr36 View Post
    Um because it's true. Many of average players have looked good on Pitt.

Everyone needs to remember, although still never played an NHL game, Justin is 22 in like a week. He wont be entering the league as an 18 year old. Big difference.
    I think he will put up between 32-38 points.
    Paging Pascal Dupuis.