Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cody Ceci

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Cody Ceci

Ceci is a guy I'm having quite a hard time ranking for my upcoming fantasy drafts. I'm wondering how others have him pegged. Is he this year's Dougie Hamilton? I've read a few times to be careful about overrating his offensive game as he played on a stacked 67's team. Part of my trouble is probably only seeing 1 67's game all year on TV.

Does he project as a Marc Staal? Dougie Hamilton? Or someone else?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm a fan. I think he's got one of the better offensive games in this years draft class (behind Reilly and Dumba).

Dobber Sports Genius

He was hyped more earlier in the season it seems and has dropped to the middle of the first round. He'll be a good middle round pick for someone unless he goes earlier than expected.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

I like what I've read in the scouting reports of him --nice size to boot .

if the isles we're drafting beyond the 10 spot I wouldnt mind if they snagged him .

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think either he or Maata go 11th to the Caps (assuming they don't trade the pick).

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've been hearing concerns about his offensive game more recently....I personally can't attest to anything since I haven't seen him player, but I've definitely read that in multiple places. He's going to be a good NHL player regardless, just don't know how useful he'll be in a fantasy league.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Ceci's very good offensively. Loves to join the rush and is a great PP quarterback. I would question his lack of toughness and not-elite level defense, not his offense. He did have some nice forward options to dish to, but his shot is very good and a big reason he scored a lot of goals. He's a great skater although he skates with a hunched over style.

He has gotten better every year. At worst he's a Top 15 picks as I don't think there's any chance Ottawa would pass on a hometown D who plays in the city already.

I definitely see him on the level of a Dougie Hamilton as opposed to a Marc Staal.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If Ceci is there with my 11th pick im taking him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Offensively Ceci is very good. Great skater, passer and owns a dangerous shot. I'd be weary about him only because he can often make I'll advised pinches leading to great scoring chances going the other way. He really has to learn when to jump up.

He definitely needs defensive work but his combination of size, skating and offensive skills will keep him somewhere in the top 15. He's a player that could fall out of the top 10 (where he's ranked by most) as scouts will either like his risk taking or shy away from it and the development that will be required

Intriguing defenseman. I'd probably take Rielly, Murray, Reinhart Dumba and Trouba over him if I were a GM.

Banned

Brian "Killer" Kilrea thinks Ceci has Drew Doughty upside

Dobber Sports Legend

I like Ceci quite a bit. Not only is he a minute hog with awesome offensive skills, he will eventually step into a nice situation in Ottawa. Long-term, I think he could develop along the lines of John Carlson and he has his offensive upside too. He'll start off in the 30-35 range and round out into a steady dose of 40-45 with potential for more.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think he's got one of the better offensive games in this years draft class (behind Reilly and Dumba). I would rank him 13 even tho he got draft 15 overall
    Roster Requirements
    (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2 G)Totals:25 15 Starters, 10Bench, +4 IR - Head To Head - Weekly Lineups - Stats: PTS ONLY- 1PT/START(G) 2PTS/WIN - 5PTS/SHUTOUT
    Record: 17-7-0 (2015-16 Champ)

C: Seguin, Giroux
    LW: T.Hall, Panarin
    RW: P. Kane, Palmieri
    F: Galchenyuk, Domi, Landeskog
    D: Subban, Ekman-Larrson, Suter, Vatanen

Bench: T.Hertl, V.Nishushkin, Gallagher, Pulkkinen, Mike Reilly, Korpisalo
    Goalies: J.Allen, Lundqvist

Farm Team: Rantanen(RW) Barzal(C) Provorov(D) Nurse(D) Kylington(D)

Follow Me https://twitter.com/#!/MRHOCKEYLOVER87

Banned

Didn't really seem like it at the game, but 4 assists for Ceci tonight in the first game of the OHL season.

He might not even play the full year in the OHL.

Dobber Sports Legend

Ceci was a guy I really targeted in my draft but when Rielly fell to me I had to choose and went with him and passed on Ceci. That said, I think Ceci will be a good one. 4 assists is a nice start.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I'm a fan. I think he's got one of the better offensive games in this years draft class (behind Reilly and Dumba).
    My boy Dyz says this quote above and then Sman adds this: "I think he's got one of the better offensive games in this years draft class (behind Reilly and Dumba)."

Ummmmmmm ok??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..