Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Q&A - May 7, 2012

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks for taking questions Dobber.

My question to you:

You own the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming prospects draft. In a H2H yahoo dynasty league with the following settings:

Skater Stat Categories
    Goals (G)
    Assists (A)
    Plus/Minus (+/-)
    Power Play Points (PPP)
    Shots on Goal (SOG)
    Penalty Minutes (PIM)
    Hits (H)
    Blocked Shots (BS)

Who do you take 2nd overall assuming Yakupov goes first for your fantasy team and why?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

These are for the team and league in my signature.

I finished 8th of 12 teams this year, and ended up with 47 out of a possible 48 points in our 4 goalie categories.

Trade 1:
    My Rask and Little
    for
    D.Sedin, Ribeiro, J.Gustavsson

I would hate to lose Rask, but would still have Lundqvist, Halak, Elliott. Gustavsson has little value, so I would ask for something else to be added. My offense is hurting and D.S. would really help.

Trade 2:
    My Parise, Tarasenko
    for
    L.Erikkson, R. Johansen, 2012 11th overall pick (mostly 2012 draftees)

I would lose the best player here in Parise, and am not sure if the rest makes up for it.

Thanks for your help.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Keeper League Points Only. Where do you think these Sabres will top out in the "prime" of their careers?? I realize you have stated this in the guides. But just wondering if anything has changed. And if Roy leaves via trade, maybe one or two of these guys get more points??

Vanek
    Ennis
    Stafford
    Gerbe
    Roy
    Adam
    Last edited by Zorro; May 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

non positional points only keeper league.

rank in highest upside.

Armia
    Bjugstad
    Weal
    Rattie
    Phillips
    Zucker
    JT Miller
    Khokhlachev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hullo. Thanks for answering. Someone else's question/answer helped me

My question. With the dig below I have pick #7. I need forwards and I'll assume the good ones are all gone by then. Should I hang onto 7 or trade it. If I do should I chase an established guy and what type of currency should I accept?

Thanks dude.
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

H2H league with A, g, +\-,pim, sog, win, saves. Inaugural prospect draft coming soon. Can pick any player below 100 gp or goalie below 75 plus the 2012 draft class. Can you tell me who would be in your top ten.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Enapai View Post
    Dobber -

1. I know one of the recent questions above was related to Jon Blum for next season. Would like to hear your thoughts on him longer term. Is he a good acquire right now? I'd have him taking up a bench slot if I did.
    Blum will be a long wait, in terms of points. If you acquired him next year he'd be even cheaper

2. Markstrom had his second knee surgery this year. Is he a band-aid boy in the making and currently what do you see as his timeline to the #1 goalie slot in FLA?
    He is a BAB in the making, definitely a worry. Could steal No.1 job this coming season or next, would depend on injuries (to him and Theodore)

3. Perron - is he going to be primarily a 1st liner next year in STL or is the scoring by committee situation going to continue there?
    It will continue. Nobody gets 65 (unless McDonald stays healthy)

4. Crawford - where do you put his over/under at starting the season in CHI as the #1 keeper next year?

Thanks.
    80/20 that he is the No.1 guy
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy33200 View Post
    Thank you in advance for the responses.

1. I own Luongo in a dyanasty league. It is start 2 goalies with stats of W, GAA, SV%, SO, SV. I also own Rinne and Anderson. With the tenuous situation in Vancouver, would you look to trade Luongo? Will he be just as good elsewhere if he is traded?

2. Of these players, which is most likely to repeat or better their performace of this past season and who is least likely to repeat:

Giroux, Ovechkin, M.Smith, Spezza, Kovalchuk, Neal, Karlsson, Seguin, Parenteau, Vrbata.

Thanks again.
    You have three great goalies - keep them. Awesome insurance

Repeat
    Giroux M.Smith Spezza Kovalchuk

Better
    Ovechkin, Seguin.

Worse
    Neal, Karlsson, Parenteau (least likely), Vrbata

Neal could repeat/better if Malkin healthy. Karlsson will slip slightly due to increased focus on him

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I don't see him rising much higher than he is, the last rankings already took into account a strong playoff showing. He is a hold, I don't know if people will trust the situation in WAS enough to pay you proper value.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by casimiri View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Thanks for doing this. I have a few questions....

1) Is there any team that Rick Nash could land that you would consider keeping him over Bobby Ryan or Zach Parise?

2) Who is a better keep in a points only league, Anze Kopitar or Jamie Benn

3) In a points only keeper is Parise, Karlsson and a 1st round pick in our re draft too steep a price to pay for Crosby and Pietrangelo?
    1. Most teams I would keep him over Ryan. No team would I keep him over Parise. Well, okay Pittsburgh.
    2. Kopitar
    3. No, that's fair. Also risky.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Dobber my man, whats up?? I always love having the opportunity to chat with the big guy!!

Points Only Keeper league...... Who would you rather have going forward and know matter who you pick, you have time to wait.

Rundblad or Blum ??? And a quick why the selection??

Thanks buddy.
    Rundblad. I do not like what happened with Blum this year at all. Needed to see a lot more. Rundblad, I'm not as disappointed in. Both are stuck on teams deep at D.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Brosive View Post
    Hey Dobber,

In your opinion, how do you rank these players for production next season. Im mostly looking for points, but its for team 1 in my sig. I'll probably use the bottom 2 as trade bait

Wheeler
    Filppula
    Burrows
    Michalek
    C. Stewart

Thanks
    That's the order. Though personally I like Stewart over Michalek in keepers...just needs a new team.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleemans View Post
    Team and league in my signature.

I have the 5th pick in our upcoming prospect draft. Let's say the three Russians and Forsberg go 1-4. Is there another forward you like at #5 or do you take Justin Schultz, or a D from this draft class?

Thanks Dobber!
    Schultz! Take Schultz!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post

Teräväinen
    Read
    Descharnais
    Henrique
    Hagelin
    Bjugstad
    Stone
    Just upside, and waiting doesn't matter?
    Teravainen
    Stone
    Desharnais
    Bjugstad
    Read
    Henrique
    Hagelin

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hello Dobber !

In a roto 8 keepers, categories are :

G, A, +/-, PIM, SHP, PPP, GW, SOG, Hits

Current keepers :

Crosby, Backstrom(Wsh), Getzlaf, P. Kane, T. Hall, Howard and Varlamov

I have to choose between, J. Carter, M. Hossa or Pacioretty or Neuvirth for my final keeper. Tough call....

Position does not really matters because we have 2 UTIL spots. At this point, I am leaning toward Hossa but his injury scares me a little bit.

What are your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
    That is very tough. I think I'd go with Carter. Clean slate next year