Thread: My potential keepers. Help Please

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default My potential keepers. Help Please

My entire team in my signature. Keep 14 which can include 3 tenders.

C-Tavares
    C-Carter
    L-Ovechkin
    L-Hall
    R-Kessel
    R-Heatley
    D-Doughty
    D-Edler
    D-Phaneuf
    D-Kulikov
    Utility-Pacioretty
    Utility-Huberdeau, or Harding, or Bernier
    G-Bryz
    G-Hiller

Thoughts? I'd only consider a 3rd tender if Harding/Bernier get moved to a starting role.

What do I need to improve on?

In my opinion, I could use a RW upgrade on Heatley. Carter isRW eligible so that gives me versatility.

With my team the way it is...do you think huberdeau is worth the keep for me?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would be awfully tempted to hang onto Turris - not sure I would do so over Heatley but I might over Kulikov if that is an option. Maybe see how the rest of the playoffs go for him but he is finally breaking loose from the shackels.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like your list except Heatley, I'd rather have Roy.
    15 Team Roto League (keep 5)
    G/A/P/+-/PIM/PPP/SHP/SOG
    W/L/GAA/SV%/SHO/GS
    Max 130 Games for each position except 195 for Def
    45 moves for the season

start 2 C: Mackinnon, Pettersson
    start 2 LW: Huberdeau, Kaprisov
    start 2 RW: JTMiller (RW), Rust
    start 3 D: Nurse, Slavin, Hronek
    start 2 G: Markstrom, Peterson
    start 2 Util:Saad, Kapanen
    BN: Dellia, Hornqvist, Gusev, Hintz

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tavares
    Carter
    Ovie
    Hall
    Kessel
    Doughty
    Phaneuf
    Edler
    Bryzgalov
    Hiller
    Pacioretty
    Huberdeau
    J. Johnson
    Turris/Bernier

Depends on what happens with Bernier. Full disclosure: I hate Heatley.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh, and yes I agree on the RW upgrade. You could perhaps use Huberdeau as part of a sweetener to get that upgrade if you're concerned about the risk of keeping a prospect.

WRT your second question - I would keep Huberdeau (subject to what I said above). He has high trade value, and worth the risk IMO.
    Last edited by Achilles; April 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Oh, and yes I agree on the RW upgrade. You could perhaps use Huberdeau as part of a sweetener to get that upgrade if you're concerned about the risk of keeping a prospect.

WRT your second question - I would keep Huberdeau (subject to what I said above). He has high trade value, and worth the risk IMO.
    Nice input man. Thanks. I too like the plethora of reasons to keep or move Hubes. Won't be dropping him.

WRT yourfirst comment...I forgot to upgrade my signature. I no longer have Johnson and Turris. Changed over to Chris Stewart, Nazim Kadri and Nick Leddy late last season which landed me a draft upgrade aswell. I think I like Kulikov as my #4 Defender...over Wiz. Stewart used to be interesting...but the move to St.Louis hasn't helped him much.

What's your thought about Schneider next year?. I've considered taking a chance on him in place of Hiller in a move that would also land me Backes or maybe Perry if the deal is sweet enough.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I think I like Kulikov as my #4 Defender...over Wiz. Stewart used to be interesting...but the move to St.Louis hasn't helped him much.
    I like your thinking here. Kulikov and Wiz are close, but Kulikov has much better teammates at the moment. You're right about Stewart...and if Tarasenko and Schwartz are in the lineup next year, Stewart will either need a trade or an amazing resurgence.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    What's your thought about Schneider next year?. I've considered taking a chance on him in place of Hiller in a move that would also land me Backes or maybe Perry if the deal is sweet enough.
    It certainly looks like Schneider will be starting somewhere next season, but until you know for sure it's a risk. However, two things:

1. Landing Perry would be huge. Backes is not too bad either (not at Corey Perry's level, but still a 50 -60 pt. player. What concerns me is what effect St. Louis' depth and a healthy McDonald will have on his ice time) and both should have RW eligibility.

2. If you have Schneider, Bernier and Harding and you have a few months to decide on your keepers, at least one of them should be with a new team by then.

I'd take the risk if you can swing a deal like this.

That's why they call it gambling
    Last edited by Achilles; April 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    It certainly looks like Schneider will be starting somewhere next season, but until you know for sure it's a risk. However, two things:

1. Landing Perry would be huge. Backes is not too bad either (not at Corey Perry's level, but still a 50 -60 pt. player. What concerns me is what effect St. Louis' depth and a healthy McDonald will have on his ice time) and both should have RW eligibility.

2. If you have Schneider, Bernier and Harding and you have a few months to decide on your keepers, at least one of them should be with a new team by then.

I'd take the risk if you can swing a deal like this.

That's why they call it gambling
    Your charging me up on making this move. Bryz is my backbone in net. And while Hiller is a nice #2, I think his ups and downs and potential injury woes is reason enough to consider moving him. Ironically enough...buddy who won this year had Lundy, and backups schneider, Harding and reimer. I have harding now. May as well try for schneider. (until Blayze sees this...already given me his take on the unknown of schneider

Worth considering though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good luck. If Perry is on the table, I'd definitely do it.

If you have a minute, do me a favor and give me your input on my keepers:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/forum...d.php?t=130167