Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Taking Fantasy Hockey Questions - March 28, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Thanks Dobber!

How good will Yakupov and Grigorenko be?

Kulikov or Larsson for my points only keeper?

Is Radulov back in the NHL next year?
    How good will Yakupov and Grigorenko be?
    I think both could/should be better than any pick since Crosby - including Stamkos and Tavares (who I think will be better than Stamkos within two years). BUT Yakupov strikes me as fragile. See Forsberg, Peter. I know it's early but...at this point I would rather pick second overall and take Grigs. First overall HAS to take Yakupov and that may turn out to be not as good.

Kulikov or Larsson for my points only keeper?
    Larsson. Stay away from the Band-Aid Boy

Is Radulov back in the NHL next year?
    My $$ is on a big fat NO today. As me in two months though.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    First team in SIG.
    Would you trade Chara with the defense I have to upgrade my forwards.. Goals by defenseman are worth more than goals by forwards.
    Instead I would move one of those three stud D you have on the farm. Forwards need help. I'm assuming it's points only. Still not sure about Spurgeon and in a d-goal-weighted league you'd best have five D for your four spots.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Without calculating/studying

Green bounces back - 63 points, 72 games as he has solved the groin issue with surgery this time.
    Carlson - 47 points, 80 games unless Wideman gets re-signed
    Orlov - 31 points, 80 games

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunezilla View Post
    For next year and next 3 years:

Carter vs. J.Staal vs. Stepan

and

Green vs. Keith vs. Suter

edit: points only keeper league.
    Carter has the most trade value, Stepan will be better by Year 3. Staal needs to kick these injuries. For now, give me Carter.

Suter on a new team intrigues me, and is the safest play here for 50+ points. Given Green's upside, I would be tempted to risk him...but only if I have a solid defense corps already.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Thanks for your time.

A couple of under-achievers in points only 30 team dynasty league:

Blake Comeau- 46 pts last year, on pace for 16 pts this year. Which is the real Comeau?

Shawn Matthias- .3 Pts per game for three seasons now. He's 24 now. Do you see a bump in production next season & in the future?

Thanks
    Comeau - the future Comeau will be living the good life in the Swiss league with Hnat Domenichelli, I would be surprised if he sticks in the NHL.

Matthias - still enough potential in my books to get 70 points, but not if the Panthers keep signing players like they did last year. They need to let their contracts just run out/go away, and ease in the likes of Huberdeau and Bjugstad. Then Matthias can be part of that. Otherwise, he's Taylor Pyatt Part 2.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Which 2 of my defensemen should I keep going into next season?

Doughty
    Yandle
    Edler
    Goligoski
    Kulikov
    Voynov
    Put me down for Doughty and Yandle

I...am your father.

I would keep Fleischmann over Perron, and I would roll the dice on Read over Ladd. I really like Read's upside. Ladd you know will get 55 points or so. Read anywhere from 40 to 70+. The downside doesn't hurt and the upside could pay off.

Your prospects - I'm not as familiar with this year's crop as I'd like to be. I've only just started the Prospects Report research and I have other writers analyzing that part at this point. So I can't give you a real good educated opinion. By May, I'll know these guys like the back of my hand though LOL

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamelToews View Post
    As you can see in my signature, I am in total rebuild mode. For next years draft, I have #1 overall, #6 overall, #11 overall pick.

Im going Yakupov as my first, and if I can get Galchenyuk at #6 I will do that too. Alot of the other guys do not know much about the prospects and would rather take the best veteran available. Soooo, taking a look at my team, I really want to add Dougie Hamilton as a keeper D. Just such a huge fan, I am willing to draft early just to have him. If he is available at the 11th pick, should I take him then? I also have the 21st pick, and other available d prospects are Murphy, Faulk(graduated), or would you even draft Granlund if he was still available?

I was not going to be competitive this year, so I made a couple trades over the season and bought low on Bernier, Miller and Schneider in order to have trade assets over next year before the deadline. One guy was offering to work around the #2 pick for Miller, but I felt like that was too much to give up for someone who has not played an NHL game(Grigorenko).

What do ya think? draft Hamilton early? Pick some reliable vets? Or trade up for #2 as well and go for it where I am winning the championship over and over again in a couple years?
    Take Granlund over Galchenyuk, first of all.

Second, your team is solid for the future, so address your weakness - that is a No.6 D and a No.4 G. So yes, take Hamilton 11 to sit on for a year. But in trade talks look at ADDING a proven goalie if you can, not moving one.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey Dobs.... hope im not to late.

gotta question about Ennis. Guy has been rolling lately, do you see this continuing into next year, and what is his upside?. I'm considering keeping him over Stewart. thoughts?

stats same as in Sig with the inclusion of shots. thanks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hello Dobber im drafting in a 20 team h2h multi cat league G A +/- PIM PPP SHP Blocks SOG HITS (skaters)

keep 7 (1 C 1LW 1RW 1D 1G 2 Extra)

Currently team looks like this keeper wise. (7th rd now) Joe Thornton, Radulov, Seguin, Pietrangelo, Rask, Markstrom (all goalies are bone dry except the odd back up)

Radulov was a end of snake rd pick for me with thornton i pick 20th, i felt their upside that far into the draft could not be passed on.

LW is extremely deep now tho, Perron is probably the best and it drops off even after that. I pick 12 picks from now and figure to keep an extra dman over a LW now, alot of good ones remain and im sure one of these guys will be available for my next double pick. Here is a list could you please kindly rank them for me in terms of keeper aspect/worthiness as a corner stone for my Defence years to come?

Thanks, Josh

Fowler
    Enstrom
    Elliott
    Smith
    OEL
    Goligoski
    Carlson
    Streit
    Del Zotto
    Johnson
    Faulk
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I would keep Fleischmann over Perron, and I would roll the dice on Read over Ladd. I really like Read's upside. Ladd you know will get 55 points or so. Read anywhere from 40 to 70+. The downside doesn't hurt and the upside could pay off.

Your prospects - I'm not as familiar with this year's crop as I'd like to be. I've only just started the Prospects Report research and I have other writers analyzing that part at this point. So I can't give you a real good educated opinion. By May, I'll know these guys like the back of my hand though LOL
    Thanks!
    My current prospects are listed below.

C- Calle Jarnkrok (DET)
    LW- Teemu Pulkkinen (DET)
    RW- Evgeny Kuznetsov (WAS)
    RW- Emerson Etem (ANA)
    D- Adam Larsson (NJ)
    D- Justin Schultz (ANA)
    G - Jack Campbell (DAL)
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

haze_tech:

Yes, his value drops. I don't think he sticks on that line, he's already off it pretty often these days. A great question for Angus though, who sees pretty much all of the Vancouver games. I think you did well to move him.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by SK47 View Post
    Hey Dobs.... hope im not to late.

gotta question about Ennis. Guy has been rolling lately, do you see this continuing into next year, and what is his upside?. I'm considering keeping him over Stewart. thoughts?

stats same as in Sig with the inclusion of shots. thanks
    I would keep him over Stewart, I think he's a fantastic prospect with point per game upside

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post
    Hello Dobber im drafting in a 20 team h2h multi cat league G A +/- PIM PPP SHP Blocks SOG HITS (skaters)

keep 7 (1 C 1LW 1RW 1D 1G 2 Extra)

Currently team looks like this keeper wise. (7th rd now) Joe Thornton, Radulov, Seguin, Pietrangelo, Rask, Markstrom (all goalies are bone dry except the odd back up)

Radulov was a end of snake rd pick for me with thornton i pick 20th, i felt their upside that far into the draft could not be passed on.

LW is extremely deep now tho, Perron is probably the best and it drops off even after that. I pick 12 picks from now and figure to keep an extra dman over a LW now, alot of good ones remain and im sure one of these guys will be available for my next double pick. Here is a list could you please kindly rank them for me in terms of keeper aspect/worthiness as a corner stone for my Defence years to come?

Thanks, Josh

Fowler
    Enstrom
    Elliott
    Smith
    OEL
    Goligoski
    Carlson
    Streit
    Del Zotto
    Johnson
    Faulk
    With PIM involved, I would take Smith first. Then Enstrom, Fowler, Elliott, Goligoski, Carlson, MDZ, OEL, JJ

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobber,
    Thanks for doing this, thoughts on my 16 keepers would be great I can't seem to finalize yet. I have bolded some that I am keeping.
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)