Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Taking Fantasy Hockey Questions - March 28, 2012

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    I just want your take on Neiderreiter. Only been one season but it's disheartening to watch. What's up with him and what do you expect in the future.
    I touched on this above, but he was too good for junior and not quite ready for the NHL. But he had to go one or the other. Next year, he can go to the AHL and I suspect he'll be a rookie of the year candidate there.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
    I'm in a salary cap 10 team multi cat semi keeper league and have decided to keep 5 going into next season. I traded my first for next year for Karlsson so he is not going anywhere. Pietroangelo is also a must keeper. Please pick 3 of the following.

J Faulk $840.000
    T Haminoc $875.000
    V Voynov $787.500
    I White $2,750.000
    J Spurgeon $535.000

I'm thinking 3 of the cheaper guys because of the cap. Your opinion Please
    Hamonic, Faulk and Voynov. Hamonic because it's a multi-cat

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Two years from now:
    1. Tarasenko
    2. Berglund
    3. Stewart

Rattie will be two years away because of Tarasenko and Schwartz. But if Tarasenko stays in Russia that changes everything.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    League and team in sig.
    Points only.
    Keep 6.

A) Wich combination of F-D-G do you think is optimal in a keep 6, points only league, with weekly lineups of 9F-4D-1G?
    4F-1D-1G?
    4F-2D?
    3F-2D-1G?
    5F-1D or 1G?
    No optimal combination, just depends of your keepers?

B) If you were to chose now from my team, wich 6 would you keep?

C) Should I consider Radulov as a keeper IF he plays in the NHL next year?

Thank you for doing this.
    3F-2D-1G

Stamkos, Malkin, Radulov
    D- Yandle, Doughty
    G- Halak

Should I consider Radulov as a keeper IF he plays in the NHL next year? Yes, if he does not return then keep Carey Price in his place (two goalies)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Thanks as always. Q#1: League in my sig (will win this year making it 3 in a row). If possible, should I trade a Sedin (either/or) for Eberle this off-season? With/without a sweetener (going which way)? etc.

Q#2: What do you see for JVR next year / near term?

tx
    Yes, and you will need to add a sweetener.

JVR - The guy will strike for 70 points any time now...but not if he keeps getting injured, and frankly my money is on injury if I were to bet on next year.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by angelofharlem View Post
    For the 1st team listed in my signature below, can you please help me decide who to keep heading into next season? All others will be shopped this summer for draft picks or multi-player deals.

F: Pavelski vs. Downie vs. Briere
    D: Boyle vs. Giordano

Stats are G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, PIM, Hits, +/-, GWG and FW. As you can see from my team, I have a lot of offence, so the peripheral categories mean a lot to me. I'm leaning towards keeping either Pavelski or Downie up front, and Giordano on the blue line, but would love your thoughts. Thanks!
    Downie and Giordano would be where I would go in this situation as well. Giordano will bounce back

I...am your father.

1. Getzlaf
    2. Parise
    3. Ryan
    4. Kesler
    5a. Hornqvist - if Radulov re-signs
    5b. Roy - if Radulov does not re-sign

Other names I think will jump next year: Okposo, Wheeler (still more to come), Fleischmann, Desharnais

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

In one of my leagues, I squeaked into the playoffs rather unexpectedly. I have to questions for you about the team. First of all, since I'm a bottom four team I get to keep 13 instead of 12 players. Secondly, which player should I go after with my prospect draft selection? I've listed my team below and which players I'm probably going to keep, would you make any changes? I can package players to upgrade other positions, like Cam Fowler and Adam Henrique.

C/RW- Claude Giroux
    C- Adam Henrique
    C- Jussi Jokinen
    C/LW- Jamie Benn
    LW- Andrew Ladd
    LW- Evander Kane
    LW- Tomas Fleischmann
    LW- David Perron
    RW- Phil Kessel
    RW- Radim Vrbata
    RW- Jakub Voracek
    RW- Matt Read
    D- Kris Letang
    D- Kevin Shattenkirk
    D- Cam Fowler
    D- Keith Yandle
    G- Kari Lehtonen
    G- Ondrej Pavelec
    G- Cory Schneider

We start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G and have 5 bench spots.

As for the draft, I'm targeting Alex Galchenyuk, Filip Forsberg and Andrei Vasilevski. Agree/disagree?

Thanks again Dobber!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Dobber!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As you can see in my signature, I am in total rebuild mode. For next years draft, I have #1 overall, #6 overall, #11 overall pick.

Im going Yakupov as my first, and if I can get Galchenyuk at #6 I will do that too. Alot of the other guys do not know much about the prospects and would rather take the best veteran available. Soooo, taking a look at my team, I really want to add Dougie Hamilton as a keeper D. Just such a huge fan, I am willing to draft early just to have him. If he is available at the 11th pick, should I take him then? I also have the 21st pick, and other available d prospects are Murphy, Faulk(graduated), or would you even draft Granlund if he was still available?

I was not going to be competitive this year, so I made a couple trades over the season and bought low on Bernier, Miller and Schneider in order to have trade assets over next year before the deadline. One guy was offering to work around the #2 pick for Miller, but I felt like that was too much to give up for someone who has not played an NHL game(Grigorenko).

What do ya think? draft Hamilton early? Pick some reliable vets? Or trade up for #2 as well and go for it where I am winning the championship over and over again in a couple years?
    League: 10 team, points only, keep 20

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

D: Hedman, Subban, Letang, Carlson, Hamilton, Suter,

G: Schneider, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Vasilievsky

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Do you think Burrows will stay with the Sedin for a while or this partnership is coming to an end. If it so, do you think that his fantasy value will take a "drop".

I ask that beacause I've just trade him beacause I thought he was a "sell hight player" right now.
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dominicdufour View Post
    Thanks Dobber,

1. Roto league (G,A,Shot, Hits,±,PPP,W,SP,SO,GAA). Can keep 4 prospects (player under 150 and G under 75) and we start 4 propspect skater each day (one must be a D). My first 2 are set as B. Schenn and B.Bishop. I have to choose between those guys for the other 2:

Nyquist
    B.Smith
    R.Murphy
    Scheifele
    Colborne
    Greiss
    Bachman

I'm thinking Smith and Nyquist. Whats your toughts?
    BTW here are my other keeper if it can help: Backstrom (was), Carter, Ryan, Kovalchuk, Doughty, Edler, Bryzgalov and Dubnyk

2. Pts only keeper. Keep Elias or Carter? Or keep both and drop Campbell? We start 4 D and I only keep Weber.
    Carter

prospects - Nyquist, Scheifele, Smith, Bachman (I would protect Scheifele and Bachman over Schenn and Bishop) if I understand your question correctly

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    When/where does Dobber answer them?
    in this thread?
    blog post?
    DM?
    Right here. I tackle them all day when I can.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynerd View Post
    2nd overall pick
    crosby,stammer,ovechkin

G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FOW, Hits, +/-

malkin went first
    If it's me, I play it safe in a one-year league and take Stamkos. Just a safe, steady play that guarantees you Top 4 in scoring.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by veronesepk View Post
    Markstrom or Boborovsky for the next two years in a keeper league?
    Markstrom just for Year 2's greatness (Year 1 won't be much I would think). Bobrovsky will never have big numbers on this team, will never get the chance