Thread: 3/23/12 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 3/23/12 - Studs & Duds

Hey guys....I thought it might be interesting to try something out. With life getting just way more hectic for me and time being very limited, it would be cool if we could try something different for studs and duds to make them more interactive and fun.

Basically I'm going to write a stud/dud for one person, and anyone else who has a performance they'd like to chime in with can write one of their own, and we can do the studs and duds together on the forum! So we'll see how this goes...if it doesn't work I'll find a way to get a real attempt out there next week.

STUD

Cole's Notes - Erik Cole looked like he was playing hockey on easy mode Friday night, as he registered a hat trick only 5:41 into the game. Cole now has 30 goals on the season, and has been one of the team's leaders all year making the 4.5M cap hit a bargain. Cole added seven shots on goal and two hits to go along with his plus-two rating.

AND GO!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well that didn't work out as planned lol.

STUDS

Mario T-Ennis - Tyler Ennis has been one of the hottest players in the NHL over the past few weeks. With last nights three point performance (1G 2A) he now has 12 points in his past seven games. He's showing a lot of people (including myself) wrong, as he seems to have taken control in Buffalo and pushed the usual suspects like Vanek, Roy, and Pominville down the depth chart. Marcus Foligno and Drew Stafford are also doing well for themselves. Foligno now has nine points in eight NHL games and Stafford has 12 points in his last six games.

The Return of AO? - Ovechkin potted goals 34 and 35 on the season last night, and now has goals in four straight games (six goals over that span).

The Hard Times of R.J. Umberger - To say that this has been a tough year for R.J. Umberger would be an understatement. Typically a guaranteed 50 point/20 goal scorer, he's on pace to fall short of both of those totals. Friday night though Umberger scored a hat-trick, adding a great roto line with six shots, two hits, a block, two faceoff wins, and a plus-two rating. Derrick Brassard also ended a long drought in a big way registering an assist on all three of Umberger's goals.

Steve ****ing Mason - What a turnaround this has been, and many are hoping this is just a sign of things to come. Mason has been spectacular in March and continued his strong play stopping 39/40 shots last night.

DUDS

Thank you Cam Ward for putting the nail in my coffin with that stinker of a game

I'm sure Henrik Lundqvist owners feel the exact same way

Let's not forget those who activated Craig Anderson with hopes that he would have a good return to the lineup