Administrator

Default 3/20/12 Studs & Duds

STUDS

Penguins can fly

Sidney Crosby 4A, +3, 2SOG, 14/24 face-offs
    Evgeny Malkin 2G, 3A, +3, 4PIM, 7SOG, 11/20 face-offs
    James Neal 3G, A, +3, 10SOG

Hunting the predator

Ales Hemsky scored a hat trick and added an assist, a plus-4 rating and four shots on goal. Even more impressive is that the feat was accomplished against Pekka Rinne, who is usually nearly unbeatable.

Dishing instead of dunc-ing

Duncan Keith had four assists, two of them on the power play, in a 5-1 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Honourable mention

Johan Hedberg made 34 saves in a 1-0 shutout win over the Ottawa Senators.

DUDS

Jet-lag

The Winnipeg Jets were slaughtered by the Pittsburgh Penguins. Both of their goalies had rough outings for their fantasy owners:

Ondrej Pavelec 19/24 (.792)
    Chris Mason 8/11 (.727)

Might need another equipment upgrade

Steve Mason allowed five goals on 27 shots (.815) in a 5-1 defeat at the hands of Chicago.

Looking past the Oilers?

Perhaps the Nashville Predators were looking ahead to today's press conference with Alexander Radulov. They lost 6-3 to the Edmonton Oilers, a game they needed to win. Pekka Rinne was especially terrible for fantasy owners as he allowed three goals on seven shots (.571) before getting the hook.

Dis-honourable mention

Ryan Ellis returned to the lineup after not dressing for two games. He finished minus-4 in 18 minutes of ice time. That's a good way to play yourself back into the press box.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pekka Rinne and Lindback killed me last night...dropped me from second to fourth in my league by dropping me three spots in SV%