Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    What you sipping on tonight lads?
    Tried Guinness Irish Wheat tonight for the first time and I'm a fan. My favorite is called a black and blue. Guinness and Blue Moon. Yummy!!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
    I have a secret stash of Pine Drops that I don't share with anyone. Deschutes is one of my favorites, and this limited edition is outstanding.
    Deschutes does solid work. I went to their brewery in Bend 3 years back... I also went to the Boneyard brewery in Bend. Love Boneyard's RPM IPA (although I've not had it for a while as it doesn't make it that far from the brewery.

Edit: A bar in downtown Vic has Boneyard RPM (and their arguably better triple IPA) on draft at the moment... which I discovered while out for an afternoon sojourn... If you are in Vic and want try it, hit up the Drake.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

This thread needs a bump....

If only I had gone to dinner at some random pub in Portland only to discover that they had Pliny the Elder on tap....

Oh wait, I did.

Pliny is terrible because now I have to go back to drinking other beers which will all suck in comparison.

Dobber Sports Master

Nice find! I had Pliny once. I won a contest to try a bottle. I did like it. Well balanced. I got a onion flavor from Pliny when I tried it.... in a good way. I think they have used Columbus hops in there for that reason. I also get a onion vibe from Racer 5 as well, which is another one of my favs.

Dobber Sports Deity

My new favorite ale - Granville Island Lions Winter Ale. Yum!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Ahhhh the ole beer thread! I have been drinking a lot of sour beers now lads. I used to drink 90% IPAs. Now I'd say its about 50% IPA, 30% sour, 10% cider, 10% other. Really enjoying the sour over summer here. Likely switch to more porter, stout over winter, but for now, sour is reigning supreme... apart of IPAs of course. My true love.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Picked up a Brygg Mastarens tall boy as a sample, it was pretty darn good! Swedish organic.

Ahhhh my fav thread...

New Belgium's Honey Orange Tripel. Sweet. Obviously. But if it's a cold frigid night and you're in the mood for a Tripel it's very solid. In fact, New Belgium's dubbel and tripel are very comparable to Ommegang at less cost. Highly recommend.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

20180507_174423.jpg

Trying these out on this beauty of a day.

Dobber Sports Deity

I must say, I've become a Stout/Porter fan. All kinds of different flavor of stouts/porters too; chocolate, vanilla, regular. Being out in BC for a time has given me the chance to try lots of different ones already too. Enjoyed the Longboat Chocolate Porter yesterday afternoon in the sun from Phillips Brewing Company and then had a White Sails Chocolate Porter from Nanaimo BC as well. I had a Seaport Vanilla Stout from Lighthouse Brewing company yesterday as well.

The day before I walked to a gastro brewpub called Spinnakers here in Esquimalt and had their IPA. Solid IPA but to be honest, I love IPAs but most taste the same to me.

All of them were fantastic beers. Looking forward to trying more.

DSC_1298.JPG 9413489046_50366701a4.jpg 2014_12_BMBC-8838.jpg

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I must say, I've become a Stout/Porter fan. All kinds of different flavor of stouts/porters too; chocolate, vanilla, regular. Being out in BC for a time has given me the chance to try lots of different ones already too. Enjoyed the Longboat Chocolate Porter yesterday afternoon in the sun from Phillips Brewing Company and then had a White Sails Chocolate Porter from Nanaimo BC as well. I had a Seaport Vanilla Stout from Lighthouse Brewing company yesterday as well.

The day before I walked to a gastro brewpub called Spinnakers here in Esquimalt and had their IPA. Solid IPA but to be honest, I love IPAs but most taste the same to me.

Driftwood has many fine offerings too... want to grab a beer?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Anyone ever go to Tap30? I went for the first time a few weeks ago while I was on a work trip. Pretty cool place.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran..._Michigan.html
    http://tap30.com/
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

While on the Island try to make your way to Swans in Vic. It's pretty much a must do whenever I head south island. https://swanshotel.com/brew-pub/brew-pub-home
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    While on the Island try to make your way to Swans in Vic. It's pretty much a must do whenever I head south island. https://swanshotel.com/brew-pub/brew-pub-home
    Sounds good. I think we are touring Victoria this weekend. I will look for it. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've been big on IPAs recently just for efficiency. I used to only drink rum and cokes and gin and tonics but I find that my body isn't able to handle beer as well = less money at the bar lol. Been drinking a lot of Goose Island, GLB Octopus Wants to Fight, Nickelbrooks...I recently went back to Kingston for work and paid a visit to Stone City Ales which had some good stuff.

Looking forward to drinking more of my favourite summer beer (3 Speed Lager from Amsterdam Brewery). I'm gonna give this thread a read through and try out some of your suggestions.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!