Page 198 of 234 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Kicking off the weekend in style....

ruthless-nodate2.png

Good brew, good music, and some much needed R&R. TGIF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Moved onto a Sculpin. What an amazing beer:
    Attachment 1627
    Mmmmm....I have to hunt that down. Not sure I've seen Sculpin around, but I may have overlooked it.

Ya know, I like to have some stocked go-to beer, especially in the hot Summer months. A brand that won't break the bank, but still has more depth than your run of the mill coors, bud or molson. Usually that would be Southern Tier IPA...especially their 2xIPA. Very good.

But recently I have enjoyed the Sierra Nevada brand, particularly their Pale Ale and Rye PA. You won't confuse them for their higher end counter part, but they stand up well on their own. Provide good bang for the buck.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Speaking of go-to beers, none can compare to the majesty of Abbey Ale....

7-Ommegang_abbey_400.jpg

I'm currently pairing it with a sublime Lowland single malt...

Auchentoshan-12.png

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Mmmmm....I have to hunt that down. Not sure I've seen Sculpin around, but I may have overlooked it.

Ya know, I like to have some stocked go-to beer, especially in the hot Summer months. A brand that won't break the bank, but still has more depth than your run of the mill coors, bud or molson. Usually that would be Southern Tier IPA...especially their 2xIPA. Very good.

Sculpin would be a top 5 IPA in the world I think. Around these parts, it aint cheap but it does have to travel to the opposite side of the planet to get here. $18/650ml. I think its worth it if you can get it fresh. Definitely a sometimes beer tho. Not an everyday one. I advise not to keep beer like this in the cupboard in the summer. The heat will kill it pretty quickly. Make sure you keep it in the fridge and/or you buy it from a beer store that stores all beer cold.

Southern 2IPA is a real ripper. Love that beer. I'm not a big fan of Sierra Nevada. Good, but there are a lot of great beers out there. Great > good.

Tonight I'm drinking a litre of Mosaic IPA from the tap. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/epic-mosaic-ipa/208439/ Its a showcase for the mosaic hop. Epic has done other hop showcases like this for Zythos and Comet. They dont change the malt bill, just the hops. I think Mosaic is the best one. Very clean tasting. The malt really steps aside and lets the hops shine and Mosaic is a very unique hop character. Try it if you can.

cheers to all,

AW

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Sculpin would be a top 5 IPA in the world I think. Around these parts, it aint cheap but it does have to travel to the opposite side of the planet to get here. $18/650ml. I think its worth it if you can get it fresh. Definitely a sometimes beer tho. Not an everyday one. I advise not to keep beer like this in the cupboard in the summer. The heat will kill it pretty quickly. Make sure you keep it in the fridge and/or you buy it from a beer store that stores all beer cold.

Southern 2IPA is a real ripper. Love that beer. I'm not a big fan of Sierra Nevada. Good, but there are a lot of great beers out there. Great > good.

Tonight I'm drinking a litre of Mosaic IPA from the tap. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/epic-mosaic-ipa/208439/ Its a showcase for the mosaic hop. Epic has done other hop showcases like this for Zythos and Comet. They dont change the malt bill, just the hops. I think Mosaic is the best one. Very clean tasting. The malt really steps aside and lets the hops shine and Mosaic is a very unique hop character. Try it if you can.

cheers to all,

AW
    Agreed, with regard to the Sierra. It's pretty one dimensional, and I prefer the Southern 2IPA over it. That said, it's better than bud et al.

.....oh, Abbey Ale is sublime.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll keep an eye out for those Southern Tier brews on my trip. They are available down there and now on the list.

Tonight is feeling like a clean sweep for the single malts. Enjoying a dram of Highland Park 12 y.o., plus I have Old Pulteney 12 and 17 on deck and maybe some Ancnoc 12 after that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for those Southern Tier brews on my trip. They are available down there and now on the list.

Tonight is feeling like a clean sweep for the single malts. Enjoying a dram of Highland Park 12 y.o., plus I have Old Pulteney 12 and 17 on deck and maybe some Ancnoc 12 after that.
    I just stocked up on their 2xIPA it's becoming a favorite of mine. Being Easter (or Ham and Hockey weekend, as I prefer to call it) there will be plenty of food and family in-and-out of the house. I also brushed up on my MMA skills, in anticipation of defending the Holy Ring of Kielbasa from my brother in-law's meat hooks. Dude doesn't chew his food, I swear. Ever see an alligator gulp down hunks of torn flesh....

Anywho, I digress.

Last night was a Hennepin evening. I like this saison a lot, it's grown on me over the years. Dare I say surpassing Rare Vos? Hmmmmmmm.....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bomm, what was the name of the Belgium beer club you were in? I need to sneak that into conversations with the wife as a great gift idea.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Bomm, what was the name of the Belgium beer club you were in? I need to sneak that into conversations with the wife as a great gift idea.
    My wife says it was ordered thru Halftime Beverages, found here. Oddly enough, I don't see it listed among their current options. They may rotate based on demand.

Their Hop Head, and East Coast clubs look good.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Last night was a Hennepin evening. I like this saison a lot, it's grown on me over the years. Dare I say surpassing Rare Vos? Hmmmmmmm.....
    Surpassing Rare Vos eh? That's heady company to put Hennepin in with.

Today is a liquid tour of Scotland. Having the last two bottles of Belhaven Scottish Ale and Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale, plus the now mandatory single malt Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Surpassing Rare Vos eh? That's heady company to put Hennepin in with.

Today is a liquid tour of Scotland. Having the last two bottles of Belhaven Scottish Ale and Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale, plus the now mandatory single malt Scotch.
    Well...Rare Vos has a special place in my heart (liver), so I wouldn't put Hennepin there just yet. But I have grown to appreciate it more than in years past.

We had the family over for Easter dinner a day early, everyone just left. Got the Pens/Jackets on, and two fingers of Glenlivet. Fug ya...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well...Rare Vos has a special place in my heart (liver), so I wouldn't put Hennepin there just yet. But I have grown to appreciate it more than in years past.

We had the family over for Easter dinner a day early, everyone just left. Got the Pens/Jackets on, and two fingers of Glenlivet. Fug ya...
    Mmmm...Glenlivet. A solid choice that always delivers. I'm finding that as the price of Islay malts goes up in my little corner of the world I'm developing quite a taste for good Speyside and Highland malts. I do love a good peaty Islay but can't always justify the price. They're extremely popular right now and I'm sort of glad, because the price points led me to my new favorites Ancnoc(formerly Knockdhu) and Old Pulteney. Both are complex and consistently excellent spirits but are much cheaper($15-30 less) than the bigger names.

Anyway, currently I'm partaking of the Claymore Scotch Ale and a game of Worms.

Dobber Sports Master

Well lads, its Xmas Eve here for me tonight. Tomorrow is freshop2014 in Auckland. Tomorrow a huge abundance of fresh hopped beer gets released and there is a city wide festival to enjoy them. 20 odd bars pouring dozens of new beers, all hopped with fresh hops about a month ago. I have the day off work and its gonna be like being a kid in a candy store. I'll report back. Here is a couple links that talks about it a bit.

Can.... not... wait!

http://www.luke.co.nz/2014/04/fresh-...sh-hop-14-ale/
    https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/freshhopnz14

Having STONE Go To IPA. Holy Hop!
    Hits ya right up but then eases off. A bit light on the back end. But overall a great IPA

Dobber Sports Genius

Well gentlemen, I've been gone too long.

I've had to lessen my drinking lately for lack of time and money. Hopefully, that will change soon if I can land a new better job. Anyway, recently bought a pack from New Belgium that included their Mighty Arrow and some of their classics and I really enjoyed it.

Think I'm going to go make myself a big Alaskan Amber right now. Got a few 6 packs of those for about 6 bucks. So worth the price.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak