Thread: 12/18/11 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 12/18/11 Studs & Duds

A favourite strategy of mine is to load up on Ducks because they tend to play a lot of Sunday games. Having those guys who play Sunday games can get you a few extra man games in H2H leagues. I haven't checked out the schedule for the rest of the season but I'm starting to notice that the Blackhawks, Hurricanes, Blues and Windbreakers are playing a lot of Sunday games this season. Could be worth checking that out and maybe acquiring some players off those teams. Of course, now that I think of it, you may want to avoid acquiring any Windbreakers or Shitticanes. Here are your Studs & Duds!

Studs

Yous A Ho

Marian Hossa was turning tricks on Sunday night. Whatever you wanted you could have. One goal, one assist, plus-one, one PPP, two PIM and four SOG. Hossa is roto-slut. Embrace it.

You've Got to Be Shatten' Me!

No. Not at all. Blues defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk busted a wicked plus-four rating on Sunday night. He added a goal, two PIM and five SOG. He was not the only Blues player to bust a good offensive game. David Backes was his monstrous self, going plus-two, with two assists, four PIM and one SOG. He also threw five hits if that interests you.

Insert Fart Joke Here

Fedor Tyutin was the lone Windbreaker deserving of stud status on Sunday. He dropped three assists and escaped with an even plus/minus, unlike the majority of his teammates.

HM

I won't just spout the game log, you can look that up but TJ Oshie kept his hot streak going with two points on Sunday and Alex Steen and Jamie Langenbrunner also produced well on Sunday.

Shout out to Greg Rallo for making his NHL debut with the Florida Panthers on Sunday night. I do not know his backstory but I assume it is a good one. Here is what I have from his HockeyDB page:

The 30 year old was undrafted, did four years in college then moved on to the ECHL. From there he worked his way up to the AHL and bounced around with several organizations before coming to the Panthers.

I dig that. Hard work paying off in a positive way and a nice Christmas present for the guy. Nice work Greg.

Olli Jokinen and Curtis Glencross were basically the entire offense for the Flames scoring a goal and an assist each.

Two apples on Sunday for the Jovocop. How is this guy still relevant? Is he still relevant? This should be a dud. Leave us alone Jovocop.

Duds

Panthers brass

I know the Panthers are battling to remain a legitimate playoff team but how are they benefiting from keeping Erik Gudbranson around to play just 12:19 a night like he did on Sunday? The Panthers, Gudbranson and Hockey Canada would all have benefited from Gudbranson being released for the World Junior Hockey Championship.

Blue x 2 = Poo

I did not watch the game but I can only assume the goalies in the Windbreakers-Blues game were just terrible. On the plus side the game was unlikely the total snooze-fest we all assumed it would be, on the other hand poolies hoping these teams would trap each other to death had to watch their goalie get shelled. I wonder if Hitchcock gave his boys the scouting report on Steve Mason, "Pssst... guys, he sucks."

Just Stay Down

Seriously Jeff Carter, just stay injured. No one wants you to play anymore. You are playing like a jackass. Minus-four? Kill me now. Prospal has an excuse, he's old as balls. What's your excuse Carter?

Uggghhhh, just get back on my IR, where you can't actively destroy my team.

DHM

Berglund... Yuck... Sorry bro but waiting all game to vulture the empty netter may technically be a boost to anyone who has you in their league but it is a total horseshit strategy. Earn your freaking goal.

Rene Bourque, I love the fact you contributed 15 PIM. I hate the fact that you injured Brent Seabrook with that check from behind. Seabrook did not return due to an upper body injury.

James Wisniewski

Minus-three? Blech! I will never have you on my fantasy team, EVER!
    Last edited by metaldude26; December 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Christmas Day is Sunday so there won't be any games for me to wax philosophical about. Also, if you are on Dobberhockey on Christmas Day you need serious help... and yes, I need help.

Dobber Sports Star

Perron had 2 points and Pietro scored a goal.

Theodore is the most underrated Goalie this year.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Perron had 2 points and Pietro scored a goal.

Theodore is the most underrated Goalie this year.
    Like I said, so many Blues had good games to mention them all. And Perron can suck it.

I own Theodore in a couple of leagues so I know what he's doing but his stats were meh. Not Stud-worthy, get that trash outta here!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey lay off Jovanovski, he actually made himself useful for once. Trust me he was due, still pissed off at myself that I forgot the deadline to drop him without a buyout in the UHL.

Seriously though, great points brought up. Totally agree with the part about Erik Gudbranson. They're hardly using him, to me this doesn't make any sense.

As for Wisniewski, he got hurt at the end of the second and it looked like it was really bad, he made it look like it was a laboring effort just to pick himself off the ice and then came back for the third. He was only -1 at that point haha. the EN goal that Berglund scored was thanks to an unforced giveaway from Wis in the Blues zone. Fail.

And I'll see ya next Sunday
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Master

Moved the thread...wrong subforum

Good list there man. Shattenkirk was awesome tonight.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Hey lay off Jovanovski, he actually made himself useful for once. Trust me he was due, still pissed off at myself that I forgot the deadline to drop him without a buyout in the UHL.

Seriously though, great points brought up. Totally agree with the part about Erik Gudbranson. They're hardly using him, to me this doesn't make any sense.

As for Wisniewski, he got hurt at the end of the second and it looked like it was really bad, he made it look like it was a laboring effort just to pick himself off the ice and then came back for the third. He was only -1 at that point haha. the EN goal that Berglund scored was thanks to an unforced giveaway from Wis in the Blues zone. Fail.

And I'll see ya next Sunday
    I cannot, and will not lay off the Jovocop. Anyone making that much money deserves to be joked about. Seriously, the Panthers could win the Cup and that would still be an albatross contract. I don't even want to think about all the BJ's Dave Tallon would need to hand out to move him.

Maybe we add Wisniewski to the "Just Stay Down" section. Seriously, would anyone miss him?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Moved the thread...wrong subforum

Good list there man. Shattenkirk was awesome tonight.
    Ahhhh, shiiiit. Thanks TK!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Really wish they'd let Gudbranson do his thing. Really need it with Pronger out for life.

Haha love the Jeff Carter comment!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Seriously Jeff Carter, just stay injured. No one wants you to play anymore. You are playing like a jackass. Minus-four? Kill me now. Prospal has an excuse, he's old as balls. What's your excuse Carter?
    That one made me crack up for real
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Maybe Carter left his game in Philly with those cheese steaks.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rock On! /m\

lols Carter I feel ya!
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz