Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Kyle Turris to Ottawa for Rundblad/2nd

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    and yes, you've made dozens of 'good calls', if you didn't i wouldn't keep coming would i? Cheers

that's what she said!
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Then he cannot accept he made a mistake. Not a great trait for a GM. Lets have a poll Tarasenko vs Turris (ignoring the 2nd). Wouldnt be close. Whether he had scouts or not doesnt translate to the current value depletion he has created with those 2 trades. Horrible.
    If they kept that pick they wouldn't have picked Tarasenko. End of discussion. He's one of the more overrate prospects on here anyway.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just a thought I had last night, and this may end up being a post that ends up dying and doesn't get a reply but I thought I'd throw the question out there for Sens fans and anyone else who has a better take on the situation than I do.

Kind of like when we talk about trades that get questioned for 'veto' on these boards, we often say 'did the other team do their due diligence to shop their players involved for a better deal'

Put aside whether you think Ottawa necessarily won/lost the deal for a second, my question is do you think Ottawa could have gotten a BETTER deal elsewhere given the pieces they gave up.

(And I apologize if someone already asked this earlier, I haven't been following the past 30 something posts lol)
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

might have been a dumb move, but ottawa is still taking chances and trying to make a good move. they now traded for a former 6th overall and 3rd overall (filatov and turris). i always thought turris would be the best out of him/jvr/kane, so heres to hoping i was right. im rooting for turris in ottawa!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    my question is do you think Ottawa could have gotten a BETTER deal elsewhere given the pieces they gave up.
    Absolutely.

I made the same point in my initial reaction to the trade. Young (cheap), mobile defensemen who can move the puck and provide offense are a rare and extremely valuable commodity in today's NHL.

If Murray put Rundblad on the block and shopped him, the offers would have been flooding the phone lines. But Murray was overwhelmed with the "opportunity" to land Turris so he was in "counteroffer" mode as the buyer here and not the seller.

Not to mention the 2nd rounder which has very good "value" itself as an asset. Put it this way, if Ottawa called Philly, the Flyers most likely would have been willing to move Schenn and maybe more for just Rundblad. It also makes a lot of sense to think teams like NJ, Islanders, Wings, Bruins, Oilers, Pens, Leafs, as well as others would have shown some genuine interest.

I see why Rundblad may have been expendable with the Sens - although once Gonchar is done (which is soon) a PP duo of Karlsson/Rundblad could have been absolutely lethal. Who's Karlsson's future sidekick now...Cowen? I also think Ottawa realizes they might be a better team THIS year than they originally thought and figured a more proven player could help them immediately...I'm just not sold on Turris and think the Sens could have landed better assets if they properly shopped Rundblad.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I can see a lot of teams having been willing to cough up a lot for Rundblad. Oilers, Philly, NYR, etc. etc.

However, I know in the eyes of OTT management that they really liked Turris.

So do I think they overpaid? Yes. Do I think they could have got more if they shopped around? Yes.

But we'll see what happens in a few years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting you should mention Schenn. I always have difficulty gauging real NHL value but I would be surprised if the Flyers would be willing to deal Schenn let alone Schenn+ for a relatively unproven commodity in Rundblad.

What I wonder if perhaps now with Phoenix having a handful of good top-end potential defenders is whether or not the Flyers would be willing to part with Schenn + for OEL or something along those lines.

Anyways I would be curious to hear what other players might have been acquirable from other teams for Rundblad + 2nd
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Since when is Schenn superior to Turris? Schenn is basically a Dustin Brown clone that plays C instead of the wing.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Since when is Schenn superior to Turris? Schenn is basically a Dustin Brown clone that plays C instead of the wing.
    What "clone" is Turris? A Canadian version of Filatov? Turris has skills but he's slender, weak and brings absolutely no other intangibles to the game than offense (which even that has been underwhelming with 46 career points). GMs don't operate their teams like we do in fantasy - a player with leadership qualities and tons of intangibles to go along with decent offense are highly coveted by managers and coaches. Who would most NHL GMs rather have right now: Dustin Brown or Ales Hemsky? If Turris doesn't turn out to be a semi-significant point producer, he's worthless. Schenn is projected to be a safe player who could score 60-65 points while delivering hits, winning draws, killing penalties and taking on a main leadership role.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Interesting you should mention Schenn. I always have difficulty gauging real NHL value but I would be surprised if the Flyers would be willing to deal Schenn let alone Schenn+ for a relatively unproven commodity in Rundblad.
    Fair point b0ndon. The Flyers love Schenn to the point they weren't willing to include him in a potential Bobby Ryan deal. But this comes down to need for the Flyers and they really need a young, mobile defenseman who is capable of playing in the top 4 (maybe even top pairing) and be a main PP QB. They also have Briere, Giroux and Couturier up the middle with the luxury of having Talbot play his natural C position as well. Pronger is likely finished and Timonen is getting up there in age - Rundblad would have been the exact type of young player the Flyers would like to get into their system. Just IMO of course.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Master

I don think that PHO is done dealing. They have a glut of good defensive prospects/players.

Does OEL and say Brett McLean get you Schneider? They could really use some help in goal.

Does OEL and say Gormley get you Weber?

Imagine Yandle passing the puck to Weber on the PP.... Lethal.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I don think that PHO is done dealing. They have a glut of good defensive prospects/players.

Does OEL and say Brett McLean get you Schneider? They could really use some help in goal.

Does OEL and say Gormley get you Weber?

Imagine Yandle passing the puck to Weber on the PP.... Lethal.
    I actually think the Coyotes and the Flyers make good trading partners. I think OEL alone would get Schneider but the Canucks have no use (or spot) for Brett MacLean.

OEL and Gormley would not get Weber because the Predators are loaded with young offensive blueliners and IF they were to move Weber it would be to booster their offense I would think.

I could see a deal around one of the Coyotes better defensemen for a package involving Brayden Schenn. Whether that D-Man is Yandle or OEL depends on how sweet the package is from the Flyers end. It will take Schenn plus something else significant to land Yandle...not sure about OEL.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

A PP with one LH shot and one RH shot on the point is the ideal way to run a PP IMO. That's why Karlsson-Rundblad probably were never gonna consistently be on the same unit. A Cowen-Karlsson tandem already performed better in limited action then when Rundblad was with Karlsson. Gonchar and Karlsson work very well together as one is a LH shot one is RH, so the one-timer is available on each side of the point. With Rundblad-Karlsson somebody would be playing their off-side on the PP. That's not to say it couldn't work one day, but I think they prefer it better to have the one-timers on each side.

Anyways, I think we can pretty much conclude that this trade isn't made if Karlsson didn't develop into the player he is and will become.
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd be ok with seeing Schenn go if it means getting a replacement for Pronger. I dont want a prospect tho, I want a player ready now. Yandle would be good, but I would want someone with more if a mean streak. At least someone who will fight if they have to. It does not have to be a leg stomper like Pronger, but you get what I mean.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    A PP with one LH shot and one RH shot on the point is the ideal way to run a PP IMO. That's why Karlsson-Rundblad probably were never gonna consistently be on the same unit. A Cowen-Karlsson tandem already performed better in limited action then when Rundblad was with Karlsson. Gonchar and Karlsson work very well together as one is a LH shot one is RH, so the one-timer is available on each side of the point. With Rundblad-Karlsson somebody would be playing their off-side on the PP. That's not to say it couldn't work one day, but I think they prefer it better to have the one-timers on each side.

Anyways, I think we can pretty much conclude that this trade isn't made if Karlsson didn't develop into the player he is and will become.
    Good points all around buddy. Kaberle-McCabe and Souray-Markov were two deadly PPs that were both same shot, but in a perfect world a Righty and Lefty would be teamed up. Here's another question for you...do you see Cowen being "that guy" with Karlsson on the PP? And how do you rate Cowen offensively? Reason I ask is I have a 2 round draft on Friday and Cowen is available. I really don't need another D but if Cowen could be that guy, I might look into it further.
    8-GM / WK-H2H