Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Wild

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Minnesota Wild

Hey guys, not actually doing the team coverage for the Wild but Gates has asked me to open up a thread so that Wild issues/updates can be posted here by anyone who comes across info or needs help. Feel free to post here, and if someone would like to step up and take on this team PM GMGates

Cheers!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Top team in the league not covered?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yessss, I think I posted in a different thread that I would like to see the last couple teams that were not covered get a thread where topics could be discussed. Thanks guys!

Administrator

Heatley ****ing sucks.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Zidlicky is making a return from his concussion tonight. Prosser has been sent back to the AHL.

Sounds like Bouchard won't be playing tonight as I believe Yeo said earlier today that if Zidlicky played tonight that Bouchard wouldn't.

Michael Russo @Russostrib
    As expected, Marek Zidlicky returns tonight, Nate Prosser sent back to Houston #mnwild

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Heatley ****ing sucks.
    Hahaha, nice. As a Wild fan I love hearing all the booos that Heatley gets. So far I think he has been a great addition to the Wild locker room, Russo gets some pretty good quotes from him too.

Dobber Sports Giant

Glad to see a Wild thread now...

If someone steps up to the coverage [aside from Brandon], then I say welcome to the club...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Harding was placed on the IR by the team but according to Michael Russo it was simply a clerical matter. Harding is eligible to come back any time he's ready. For the time being though Hackett will dress as Backstrom's backup.

Odds are the Wild suit up 7D tonight with Zidlicky returning to the lineup.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Injuries are definitely screwing this team over right now. Injuries to Koivu, Bouchard, Latendresse, and Setoguchi. A couple of updates from earlier today:

Mikko Koivu is still day to day, will not play against the Islanders.
    Bouchard - questionable, apparently he's still not feeling quite right from the Bogosian hit so the team is understandably being very cautious with him.

Niklas Backstrom is getting the start.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Injuries are definitely screwing this team over right now. Injuries to Koivu, Bouchard, Latendresse, and Setoguchi. A couple of updates from earlier today:

Mikko Koivu is still day to day, will not play against the Islanders.
    Bouchard - questionable, apparently he's still not feeling quite right from the Bogosian hit so the team is understandably being very cautious with him.

Niklas Backstrom is getting the start.
    The NHL is really no different from fantasy hockey with regards to injuries - the lone exception being that NHL teams can actually hire training staffs to help with player durability so in fact NHL teams are more to blame for their injury woes. If you sign a bunch of injury prone players expect them to miss time. Bouchard, Latendresse and Koivu injuries are no surprise. So I'm not ready to say "screwing them over" although I'm sure your statement was just innocuous and I'm totally nit-picking but still. I don't let shit slide with the Wild.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Harding (neck) was activated from injured reserve, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Matthew Hackett was sent to Houston of the AHL, so Harding is ready to return as Niklas Backstrom's backup. Harding will likely get his next start in one of back-to-back games that begin Monday.
    (Rotowire.com)

Dobber Sports Initiate

With news of the Koivu shoulder injury having him out 4-6 weeks, there is speculation that the Wild could be trading for a top-six skater. Russo has said that they need to either call up a player to fill Koivu's void or make a trade. Also, stating that GM CF has been burning up the phone lines.

GM CF has stated that he will not trade anyone from their prospect pool unless it makes sense and will help them in the future. So if a trade is done it will most likely be for a rental player this year. Someone I would like to see is Tuomo Ruutu from Carolina. Russo says that he is good friends with Koivu and I think he would replace the role and than some of Latendresse, who is out with a concussion currently.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137415168.html

Also, the forward lines in practice today were:

Heatley - Cullen - Johnson
    Powe - Brodziak - Seto
    McIntyre - Peters - Clutterbuck
    Wellman - xxxx - Staubitz

Dobber Sports Initiate

ugh, Carson McMillan recalled.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, the Wild were in a tough spot eh? According to Twitter updates all three of the Wild's goalies were sick with the flu lol. Definitely what they didn't need considering how bad the team has been over their past 15 or so games.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah very unfortunate but hopefully the team starts consistently showing some fight in them like their last game in St. Louis. Even if they don't win tonight, I hope they show they want to battle for each game because that is the only way they will make the playoffs.