Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Random question here but there used to be a Preds fan with the Preds pic on this site like way back (before EB owned it) and I just can't remember his name. I recall him and I going at it over the Wings/Preds series whenever was but obviously before Detroit moved East. I scrolled through this thread and nothing stood out.
    Was before my time then as I don't remember anything off the top of my head. Yougo has Subban in his photo right now, but that's the best I have for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Was it Dutch? Lol. He was a preds fan and known to "go at it" on a number of different topics.

Dobber Sports Deity

Dutch was the last admitted Nashville fan on the forums that I can remember. He no longer resides here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm pumped for Smashville. They're who I'm cheering for to come out of the West. The team is so much fun and the fans are awesome.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

plus it would be great to see Subban win the cup a year after leaving Montreal

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    plus it would be great to see Subban win the cup a year after leaving Montreal
    It would be the ultimate troll.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ellis expected to be out 4-6 months! Ouch!

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/p...hs/c-290893596

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Ellis expected to be out 4-6 months! Ouch!

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/p...hs/c-290893596
    Wow. I was not expecting that. Really sad after Ellis just put up such a great performance last season.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Titan

As I said in the other thread, this explains the trade for Emelin.

The biggest part of the fallout now is whether Emelin plays with Josi, or is it going to be Irwin?
    - my money is on Emelin just based on the contract.

However, if you go based on handedness, the contest is between Weber and Grannberg. Either way, some interesting camp battles to watch.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Predators have a great cap situation. They have everyone important signed for another season after this one. Their only pending free agents are Saros (RFA), Emelin (UFA), Hartnell (UFA) and Salomaki (RFA).

They currently have $7.5M in cap space for next season, and the cap is expected to go up by $4M to $7M. Saros could get a similar three-year contract as Gibson ($2.3) and Vasilevskiy ($3.5M) got. Maybe $2.5M? I think the other three could be easily replaced with a combined $3M. So that would leave them with $6M to $9M in cap space. If they want to add a winger with term like Pacioretty ($4.5M) or Hoffman ($5.19M) - or Nyquist ($4.75M) which is where my thought process started - they could do that.

Do they have the trade chips to acquire a player like that? They're not going to trade Tolvanen but they have all their 1st round picks, and they might be willing to trade someone like Dante Fabbro who is unlikely to find much room behind Subban and Ellis.

The Predators could be a player in the trade market, and they might not look at just rentals either because they've positioned themselves really well with the cap situation.

The real test for their cap management will be 2019-2020 when Rinne is UFA and possibly retired, Ryan Ellis is UFA as well, and Kevin Fiala will be RFA. That might mean they wouldn't want Hoffman who is signed until 2020 but Pacioretty and Nyquist are only signed until 2019, so they could easily add one of them if they want.

With Rinne/Saros in goal, Josi/Subban/Ellis/Ekholm on 'D', Johansen/Turris/Bonino/Fisher at 'C', the winger position might be their only weakness even though they have a couple of good wingers as well. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Deity

The Preds definitely could use help on the wings and I xan easily see them adding one good one at or before the deadline. And as we both know there are plenty available too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Is Nashville the only team in the NHL that runs 2 D-men on the 3 v 3 Overtime?

Man I am jealous of the Defense on this team... Hoping the flyers cupboards full of D turns into something similar!

How doesn't this team win the West?? I'm thinking they win it all this year!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    How doesn't this team win the West?? I'm thinking they win it all this year!!
    I'm glad my yellow glasses don't seem too biased haha. I think Winnipeg gives them the biggest competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm glad my yellow glasses don't seem too biased haha. I think Winnipeg gives them the biggest competition.
    I agree with you.. I think they meet in round two and the winner of that barn burner takes it all!! Against the Bruins ofcourse in the final!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..