Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins

Banned

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins

Mike Johnston travelling to Moscow to meet with Geno

That's a new one I haven't heard of... but also an interesting gesture to get to know one of his best players one-on-one
    Makes you wonder a bit if there was some friction between Geno and the Pens organization recently? Or maybe they're considering a blockbuster trade?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Or he just wants to get to know his players better before the season starts.. This is a great decision by the Penguins!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Plus, who doesn't want to go to Russia...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I think this was sarcasm, but apparently it is pretty darn nice in the summer.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Ohhhh no you diiiii'int......... HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can't believe no one has posted in this thread since July!

Injuries seem to be the story so far for the Pens this season. At least it's not Crosby or Malkin! I'm loving all these injuries, mostly because I don't have any of the guys who went down, plus I own Steve Downie in a couple pools. I think he has the offensive ability to play in the top six, but he often gets pigeon-holed as a third liner goonie guy at best. Check out those junior numbers, in his final year, he had 35 goals and 92 points in 45 games (plus 124 pen mins)! He has a career total of 50 points in 49 AHL games, so he's not just some clown there to check the opposition, although he sometimes acts like that!

Seemingly under the radar, Marc-Andre Fleury is in line for his best NHL campaign ever. In 21 games, he's 15-4-2, with a 2.16 goals-against average and 0.925 save percentage. His career best to date is 2.32 and 0.921. Yeah, okay, let's see how he does come playoff time, I get it, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, especially considering how many man games they have lost to injury so far this year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Kessel will start the season on Crosby's wing, Hornqvist with Malkin and very likely Kunitz and Perron get the first shot on the left wing.

Dobber Sports Star

Am I missing something regarding Perron? I thought that he played LEFT wing with Crosby and Hornqvist last year. Why are they saying that he is a right winger, who may get a look on the left side?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Am I missing something regarding Perron? I thought that he played LEFT wing with Crosby and Hornqvist last year. Why are they saying that he is a right winger, who may get a look on the left side?
    Perron can play both wings and he did in Edmonton. Pens only played him as a lw so far and it makes most sense

Dobber Sports Star

Live stream of tonight's game:

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 2m2 minutes ago

Good news #Pens fans! We are going to have a live stream of tonight's game available on http://pittsburghpenguins.com .

Dobber Sports Genius

The Pittsburgh Penguins had a players only meeting after Saturday's 4-0 loss to New Jersey.

Hope they'll start to play as they should....it's getting ridiculous with the players they have.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Expert

The Pens lines with new coach??? got me to thinking about this thread. Why not breathe some life into this one. Who's out there? Let's get a discussion going. The coaching change is a great break point to start anew. Here's what we know so far.

The Penguins have gone 0-2 since Mike Sullivan has taken over the head coaching duties. They have a goal differential of a -6 in those two games, scoring only 1 in a 4-1 loss to Washington on Monday and shutout by Boston 3-0 on Wednesday.

During this time they lost Fleury, out 1-2 weeks with a concussion and Beau Bennett (go figure), out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. That's on top of Kris Letang's upper body injury which is different than his last undisclosed injury and Pascal Dupuis deciding to hang up the skates. Good luck Pascal! You made the right decision.

Also out is 36 year old Rob Scuderi replaced with a slightly younger and more offensive Trevor Daley when Pittsburgh and Chicago swapped defensemen on Monday. A little part of Scuderi is still with us in the form of salary. The Pens retain 33% of Scuderi's salary. Goaltending prospect Matt Murray is in as well, called up after Fleury went down. He might see some action tomorrow as the Pens play a back-to-back tonight and tomorrow.

The lines have been in constant flux in Sullivan's short tenure changing daily. Here's the lines from this morning's skate:

EV
    Wing Center Wing
    CHRIS KUNITZ SIDNEY CROSBY CONOR SHEARY
    DAVID PERRON EVGENI MALKIN PHIL KESSEL
    SERGEI PLOTNIKOV NICK BONINO PATRIC HORNQVIST
    DANIEL SPRONG MATT CULLEN ERIC FEHR

EV
    D D
    BRIAN DUMOULIN BEN LOVEJOY
    OLLI MAATTA TREVOR DALEY
    IAN COLE DAVID WARSOFSKY

PP1
    1 2 3 4 5
    CHRIS KUNITZ PATRIC HORNQVIST SIDNEY CROSBY EVGENI MALKIN DAVID WARSOFSKY

PP2
    1 2 3 4 5
    DAVID PERRON NICK BONINO PHIL KESSEL TREVOR DALEY OLLI MAATTA

The Pens take on the 17-9-4 Boston Bruins, fresh off their 3-0 shutout against the Pens on Wednesday tonight. Game time is as 7:00 PM. There you have it. Let's discuss.

So when do you think the Pens will break out? Will it be tonight? These lines?

I hope it's tonight. A win tonight will sure give them a boost going into the holiday break. They might even be able to coast into the break with three wins as they play Carolina tomorrow and Columbus on Monday.

Dobber Sports Stud

Was hoping we'd see Murray tonight....... booooo

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Was hoping we'd see Murray tonight....... booooo
    Easing him in with a start against the Canes is a better choice in my opinion.
    https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_PGH/sta...84080273276929

Dobber Sports Ace

Our Penguins will never amount to much if they can't stay healthy, can't keep the puck out of the net and can't find any depth scoring.

The Penguins will succeed if:

* Our stars play like stars.
    * Our players stay somewhat healthy - They fired the wrong people - I would have fired the training/health staff - enough is enough.
    * We could find some f@ckin D-men that would help the goalie keep the puck out of the net and exact any revenge that needs be exacted.

How hard is it find someone to play with Malkin and/or Sid and be somewhat productive?

Do I have to come out of retirement or what?