Thread: Lottery draft advice

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Lottery draft advice

I run a 10 team keeper league. We have a lottery draft to see who gets first overall pick. Bottom 6 are in lottery. What percentages would you allocate to the teams? Currently I have the odds to win the first overall pick at:

5th = 3 %
    6th = 4 %
    7th = 6 %
    8th = 12 %
    9th = 25 %
    10th = 50 %

You advice is appreciated

Banned

In my league we break it down as follows:

12th place - 24
    11th place - 20
    10th place - 16
    9th place - 12
    8th place - 8
    7th place - 4

we then have 16 additional 'entry tickets' that can be earned thru a variety of incentives throughout the season

btw, if you need a weighted draft lotto tool, I have one on my site! (just click the image in my signature below)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Great reply mcgoo, thanks! I really like the percentage breakdown, it keeps the bottom teams honest or at least they don't have a guaranteed shot at the top pick. I would definitely consider using that breakdown.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket