Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big News!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Big News!

I apologize if the title of the thread is a little misleading... but the news just became official today.

I'm proud to announce the news on this site, being a long time reader and poster... a new ECHL team is coming to San Francisco.

Lots of work to do but we're planning on being up and running in the '12-13 season. The Old Cow Palace, old home of the San Jose Sharks, will be our home rink. Team coach and GM is my good friend Pat Curcio, ex assistant coach of the London Knights and Sault St. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL, and Utah Grizzlies of the AHL.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share my good news with you guys. I have one more year left of schooling and have plans to move down there for a few years to learn the ropes and gain management experience. My father and I have plans to get involved in the NHL scene within the next 10-15 years. Heres hoping!

Here is the official website: http://www.sfbulls.com/

And for all of you on Facebook feel free to "like" the group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-F...00334106700832

Dobber Sports Pro

That is pretty great. Good luck on your ventures, and if you need any help once you get there, I'm the ****ing boss!

Dobber Sports Sage

haha Thanks!

And I forgot to mention... the team name is San Francisco Bulls!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pretty exciting times for you! Good luck in this endeavour as I am sure it would be extremely rewarding. I wish I could get into something like this eventually.

Dobber Sports Sage

Well I told Patty I've got the scouting under control. What was once my secret weapon for fantasy hockey is now going to be our secret weapon for real hockey. Whenever you guys are in the area I'll shwing you into some box seats!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Very cool, VV. Congrats and best of luck.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Congrats! Ben that is big news.Wish you success in this venture.And if someday you are a GM of an NHL team you can give all of us here at Dobber some insider info!

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks guys - but I will forever bank on you all for the real insider info! Alls I can say right now is that Dylan Hunter will be playing for us... and I may not be allowed to say this or not, but I trust you guys, we plan on becoming the official affiliate for the San Jose Sharks (at the ECHL level) as we are currently in talks with them.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Thanks guys - but I will forever bank on you all for the real insider info! Alls I can say right now is that Dylan Hunter will be playing for us... and I may not be allowed to say this or not, but I trust you guys, we plan on becoming the official affiliate for the San Jose Sharks (at the ECHL level) as we are currently in talks with them.
    Good ole Petrolia Boy. Love the London Knights connections - good organization to get involved with or tips from.

Dobber Sports Guru

Congrats VV!! That must be pretty damn exciting to be part of, best of luck to you. Cheers, Wc17

Dobber Sports Sage

The Hunter's gave us their business plan, which has helped us out tremendously, so we're gonna be doing our best to mirror the way they do things.

Banned

Wow, congrats. Can I have a job in 2 years?

PS who is your dad? Anyone we know?

Dobber Sports Sage

I doubt anyone has heard of him unless you live in or around London, Ontario - maybe there is a chance then... his name is Shmuel Farhi.

Funny seeing the news buzz around the internet today. I didn't expect to get this much buzz already! KuklasKorner seems happy about it lol ... anyways, thanks everyone. It's an exciting time for everyone involved - and I'm glad to have shared it with my fellow hockey fanatics.

Cheers!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Sage

PS. if you do happen to search the name on Google, check out the third link... "White Pride World Wide"... for a pathetically funny read.

Other than that... spread the word! Our target is to sell 4,000 season tickets asap!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

that's awesome VV, best of luck to you and your old man, you guys are living a little piece of the hockey dream getting to be a part of this