Starting this draft i was somewhat concerned my draft tracking program (similar to HPG draft Guru) wasn't going to work because i didn't have time to test it out. So as a fall back i had the Draft Guru also ready to go.
In saying that i also spent 0 time on my rankings or projections so i was counting a lot on the rankings from HPG.
Once the draft started i realized my draft program didn't work for me and had issues with HPG draft guru not to mention i was scrambling too much to keep anything up-to-date with the picks. So normally i feel better coming out of a draft this is my first draft in a long time with 0 prep and more than a few of my picks were done only because my time was at < 5 seconds remaining!
In saying that i am happy with my G's and D's and think i have a decent mix up front.
Also because i was scrambling all night i can't really say who took guys i wanted or who else was on the board still!
1. (12) Carey Price (Mon - G) - Always like to be solid in net and HPG had him as #1 for our stats.
2. (15) Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G) - Again decided i was going to go G/G before the draft but would of taken Crosby here if he was available (which he was, i just wasn't prepared for it and i assumed he wasn't available!)
3. (38) Shea Weber (Nsh - D) - Was to high on the rankings i was using not to take him over anyone else
4. (41) Zdeno Chara (Bos - D) - Another D? I never draft D this early and now i have 2, yes they are both solid but still unsure about this pick, but again to high in my rankings to pass on.
5. (64) Mike Richards (LA - C) - Have high hopes for him, didn't want my first forward to be a C but i think he is going to explode this year
6. (67) P.K. Subban (Mon - D) - HPG loves D, another D with such a high ranking compared to my other available players i couldn't pass on him
7. (90) Jamie Benn (Dal - LW) – Wanted to get a LW soon, like his potential and I am hoping for big things
8. (93) Dustin Brown (LA - RW) – Again, I think this is a ranking thing, his PIM (I think) had him ranked pretty high on HPG and I wanted to go RW here.
9. (116) Tyler Ennis (Buf - LW) – Felt my scoring stats were lacking and he had the best stats at the time for my team.
10. (119) Matt Moulson (NYI - LW) – Another strictly scoring stat guy, wanted to bump up those stats, hope he continues to play and click with JT
11. (142) Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW) – Was really trying to avoid picking another C and felt good in D and G so I kept grabbing wingers
12. (145) James Wisniewski (Cls - D) – Saw him still on the board and I don’t think anyone has a better 4th D. After this pick really liked my D and expect those 4 to give me the stats of some teams full 6 D.
13. (168) Teddy Purcell (TB - RW) – Another potential guy that I am hoping for big things from
14. (171) Patrik Berglund (StL - C) – Needed a C and hoping he does breakout this year
15. (194) Jordan Staal (Pit - C) – Had him in my queue before the Berglund pick, then I ran out of time and just grabbed him, hope he gets some Malkin time this year
16. (197) Colby Armstrong (Tor - RW) – No idea, wanted a winger (LW I think) but somehow grabbed him
17. (220) Martin Erat (Nsh - RW) – Still scrambling and wanting that LW but grabbed another RW, don’t ask
18. (223) Ryan Malone (TB - LW) – Hey grabbed a LW, probably within seconds of running out of time
19. (246) Derek Stepan (NYR - C) – Needed a 4th C, and I am pretty sure a guy I was going to pick went right before me, so I got Stepan
20. (249) Paul Martin (Pit - D) – Need to fill my D, like I said my last 2 D will be in and out as I really like my top 4
21. (272) Johnny Boychuk (Bos - D) – See above
22. (275) Dan Carcillo (Chi - LW) – Umm see he was on the screen when I was running out of time and I grabbed him? Maybe he can do spot PIM duty for me
23. (298) Brian Boyle (NYR - C) – Hopefully one of Stepan or Boyle step up
24. (301) Chris Mason (Wpg - G) – Had a few other goalies in mind but the started to go after I took Carcillo, not a bad 3rd G I don’t think.
25. (324) Dan Hamhuis (Van - D) – Thought I better have a D on the bench.
I think i am happy with my team but time will tell!
Last edited by Chinny; September 21, 2011 at 2:30 PM.
The Comish's Dynasty Pool - YR1 Dual Champ!
3C- Toews $74, , Lecavalier $119, Madden $29
3L- McDonald (C) $65, Avery $60, MacArthur $22
3R- Semin $108, C.Stewart $5, Kopecky $12
4D- Phaneuf $107, Wisniewski $35, Goligoski $5, Robidas $50
1U- Ja.Williams $51
1G- Emery $5
BN- B.Stuart(D) $20, C.Bourque(LW) $5, Pickard(G) $5, Abdelkader(LW) $5, Conklin(G) $45, Y.Weber(D) $5, Leighton(G) $5
IR- Burish $17, Lupul $66, Hemsky, Bieksa
Cap hit $927