Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Florida Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    You don't get enough prop for keeping this Panthers thread going keytolife.

You also make me want to trade Huberdeau for a bag of pucks lol!!!!
    Agree with yougo here nice job keytolife.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Key, whats your thoughts on Grimaldi?

Saw he had the most forward ice time last night, missed the game but he looked alright the previous night causing turnovers like crazy.

Will he stick with the big club now?
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Hey Key, whats your thoughts on Grimaldi?

Saw he had the most forward ice time last night, missed the game but he looked alright the previous night causing turnovers like crazy.

Will he stick with the big club now?
    I actually hope he sticks. He has his problems in his defensive game and looks not fully matured yet but he is a devil on the ice. Iīd say since he is up on the PP he has been our best player. I currently hope they play him over Hubs on the first line and just give him the chance. Kid might run with it. Overall i think Rocco will be a NHLer, might not be now but at the latest next year and he might be our only hope for a top 6 winger.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    I actually hope he sticks. He has his problems in his defensive game and looks not fully matured yet but he is a devil on the ice. Iīd say since he is up on the PP he has been our best player. I currently hope they play him over Hubs on the first line and just give him the chance. Kid might run with it. Overall i think Rocco will be a NHLer, might not be now but at the latest next year and he might be our only hope for a top 6 winger.
    Huberdeau is a Top 6 winger. And better than Grimaldi.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Huberdeau is a Top 6 winger. And better than Grimaldi.
    Ev i respect your hockey knowledge but as much as i would love to agree with you so far he is not showing that. He has been by far the worst player this season and deserves to be scratched to get his head free again or i donīt know what. I know that i am not the only Panthers fan that would be happy if he is shipped for a similar struggeling player with that might need a change of scenary.

I know that everyone here loves Huberdeau including Dobber and tells me he will become a consistent 70 + winger and i watch him every night and donīt see it. He had a great first half to his Calder season and after that the league found out he was one trick pony and he went dry. The season after was a distaster, he played like crap and cost us games on his own. Last season was crap besides the last quarter of it were he played with Jagr. Jagr tried to tell him every step and i seemed like it worked. But this season he is back to his former self doing absolutly nothing but looking not interested not involved and will only shoot if you put a gun to his head. He had one good period over 13 games now, this scares the heck out of me as a fan. THis very season Grimaldi had more good scenes already in far less games than Huberdeau and showed much more promise. I know Hubs theoretically is an awesome player but he is not doing it and i donīt know if he is even trying.

Bjugstad looks rusty and has not impressed this season but he works hard and tries. Ekblad has not gotten points but works hard and has looked sharp on D. Pirri has struggeled a lot but has at least tried and worked hard and got rewarded. Huberdeau is getting a boatload of minutes and the best news is usually if you donīt see him. That means at least he has not made a mistake. That is simply not cutting it for a supposed to be top line winger.

Dobber Sports Expert

This is a trainwreck and we got manhandleded tonight. Too pissed to give a full overview. I just say poor Roberto.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey key,

As others have said in here already, you're dedication to this thread has been fantastic and by no means do I want you to take this as a negative, but have you heard any rumblings of Florida making any moves on the horizon? We all see how you view hubs etc and jagr can't play forever (well who really knows. Maybe he is a robot). I don't follow them remotely as closely as you do, but to me it seems maybe they need a shakeup? On top of Jagr, Lou isn't a spring chicken, Jokinen Campbell etc are older. IDK. Maybe it's just me, but they don't seem to be gaining any traction.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Hey key,

As others have said in here already, you're dedication to this thread has been fantastic and by no means do I want you to take this as a negative, but have you heard any rumblings of Florida making any moves on the horizon? We all see how you view hubs etc and jagr can't play forever (well who really knows. Maybe he is a robot). I don't follow them remotely as closely as you do, but to me it seems maybe they need a shakeup? On top of Jagr, Lou isn't a spring chicken, Jokinen Campbell etc are older. IDK. Maybe it's just me, but they don't seem to be gaining any traction.

Totally on point in my opinion. Sadly i donīt know what they are planning. The team is well set up in terms of depth forwards and the D prospects will also be able to influx the team with new talent for the next years ( Matheson,McCoshen,Schemitch,Weegar,Racine,Brown,Do wning). We lack a sucessor for Luongo badly and we absolutley lack scoring line wingers. IMO this team currently needs a shakeup bad but i can very well be that they wait it out and see what can be done in the offseason depending how far out of the playoffs we are. I personally would love to see a trade. Our first rounder should have quite some value, Huberdeau needs a change of scenary and while i love Trochek he might be a great piece to trade for a similar skilled winger just because thats what we need far more.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's hard. I'm not sold on Barkov as a #1C. I see him and bjug more as 2a/2b which would be fine if they had the supporting wingers. I agree hubs maybe needs to be moved. From what I've seen trochek has been one of their more offensive forces. But you're right they need a G as well as Lou only has so many years left.
    I don't know enough about their prospects but (and it's not the best strategy) maybe they need to make some 1 for 2 type trades? I don't know but I'm sure it is frustrating

Totally on point in my opinion. Sadly i donīt know what they are planning. The team is well set up in terms of depth forwards and the D prospects will also be able to influx the team with new talent for the next years ( Matheson,McCoshen,Schemitch,Weegar,Racine,Brown,Do wning). We lack a sucessor for Luongo badly and we absolutley lack scoring line wingers. IMO this team currently needs a shakeup bad but i can very well be that they wait it out and see what can be done in the offseason depending how far out of the playoffs we are. I personally would love to see a trade. Our first rounder should have quite some value, Huberdeau needs a change of scenary and while i love Trochek he might be a great piece to trade for a similar skilled winger just because thats what we need far more.

Dobber Sports Expert

It's hard. I'm not sold on Barkov as a #1C. I see him and bjug more as 2a/2b which would be fine if they had the supporting wingers. I agree hubs maybe needs to be moved. From what I've seen trochek has been one of their more offensive forces. But you're right they need a G as well as Lou only has so many years left.
    I don't know enough about their prospects but (and it's not the best strategy) maybe they need to make some 1 for 2 type trades? I don't know but I'm sure it is frustrating
    I need to correct your view then Barkov is already a Nr.1 C. He is one of the best defensive players in the whole NHL already and the offensive game is coming around nicley. If he is not injured bugged throughout his career he will be a stud.

Dobber Sports Ace

I need to correct your view then Barkov is already a Nr.1 C. He is one of the best defensive players in the whole NHL already and the offensive game is coming around nicley. If he is not injured bugged throughout his career he will be a stud.

I'll trust you on that. I haven't seen very much of him. Maybe I'm just expecting more offense out of him already.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'll trust you on that. I haven't seen very much of him. Maybe I'm just expecting more offense out of him already.
    He is usually shutting down the opposing stars while he still contributes. The record without him speaks volumes.

Banned

Ev i respect your hockey knowledge but as much as i would love to agree with you so far he is not showing that. He has been by far the worst player this season and deserves to be scratched to get his head free again or i donīt know what. I know that i am not the only Panthers fan that would be happy if he is shipped for a similar struggeling player with that might need a change of scenary.

I know that everyone here loves Huberdeau including Dobber and tells me he will become a consistent 70 + winger and i watch him every night and donīt see it. He had a great first half to his Calder season and after that the league found out he was one trick pony and he went dry. The season after was a distaster, he played like crap and cost us games on his own. Last season was crap besides the last quarter of it were he played with Jagr. Jagr tried to tell him every step and i seemed like it worked. But this season he is back to his former self doing absolutly nothing but looking not interested not involved and will only shoot if you put a gun to his head. He had one good period over 13 games now, this scares the heck out of me as a fan. THis very season Grimaldi had more good scenes already in far less games than Huberdeau and showed much more promise. I know Hubs theoretically is an awesome player but he is not doing it and i donīt know if he is even trying.

Bjugstad looks rusty and has not impressed this season but he works hard and tries. Ekblad has not gotten points but works hard and has looked sharp on D. Pirri has struggeled a lot but has at least tried and worked hard and got rewarded. Huberdeau is getting a boatload of minutes and the best news is usually if you donīt see him. That means at least he has not made a mistake. That is simply not cutting it for a supposed to be top line winger.
    i didn't say he was awesome or will be awesome, but the bar to be a top six forward isn't that high nowawafays and no matter how they're playing I would take him over Grimaldi who I see as nothing more than a tweener type of guy if he even sticks.

Banned

He is usually shutting down the opposing stars while he still contributes. The record without him speaks volumes.
    Hes been great but wouldn't call him a number one just yet. He'll Neeed to keep up the scoring when he comes back.

Dobber Sports Expert

Brickley got sent down. I got no clue anymore. Is this the reward for playing good?