Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: St Louis Blues

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 52m
    Armstrong in a statement: "Talks between the Blues and Alex's camp have broken off for now & Alex will not be reporting for our camp today."
    Not great. I would have thought they would have gotten this deal done by now. The blues have 7.6 in cap space and AP is the only guy they need to sign.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Always surprised that some other teams haven't made a $7.8 million offer - isn't AP the type of franchise defenceman who's worth that kind of money? - but I guess everyone's afraid of those poison pills coming back their way?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shortcuttomoncton View Post
    Always surprised that some other teams haven't made a $7.8 million offer - isn't AP the type of franchise defenceman who's worth that kind of money? - but I guess everyone's afraid of those poison pills coming back their way?
    It's part of the GMs not wanting to piss each other off. At 7.8 million the Blues would match and then return the favor sometime down the road.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's part of the GMs not wanting to piss each other off. At 7.8 million the Blues would match and then return the favor sometime down the road.
    That, and I sure think Armstrong views Cap space as one of his most valuable assets. STL will be a team looking to add players (and salary) for a cup run this spring. They would probably like to have a $2.5-3MM cushion to add some depth at the trade deadline assuming they'll make the playoffs and hope to do well. They have a window opening and they'll need to capitalize.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Star

Now that Schwartz-Berglund-Terasenko look like a line, dare I say it, is this the year Berglund emerges?

I rolled the dice on him in a deal, and am hoping that he can hit 30-30 if things align. What are the chances?

Thanks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey Blues peeps, what is your take on Chris Stewart this year? Last season he was the beast everybody was hoping he would be scoring at a 61 point pace, this year he stinks.

Is he a buy low opportunity right now in one year leagues that count G A +/- PPP SOG PIM? Would you offer up Alex Killorn to get him or is that too much to pay?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've seen quite a few Blues games and I gotta tell you, Stewart has looked good in most of them. I think it's only a matter of time before he gets going. With PIM, he adds an extra weight to his value. However, I like Killorn a lot too. And now that he's playing with Stamkos and MSL, I don't know, it'd be hard to give up on him when he could be on his way to 65 points. Tough decision. Is there anyone else you could offer for Stewart? He is a definite buy low now but I feel Killorn is too much to pay.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I've seen quite a few Blues games and I gotta tell you, Stewart has looked good in most of them. I think it's only a matter of time before he gets going. With PIM, he adds an extra weight to his value. However, I like Killorn a lot too. And now that he's playing with Stamkos and MSL, I don't know, it'd be hard to give up on him when he could be on his way to 65 points. Tough decision. Is there anyone else you could offer for Stewart? He is a definite buy low now but I feel Killorn is too much to pay.
    I think the only other guy that I could offer up that would be somewhat reasonable for me to lose and that he would consider is Vrbata but I think Vrbata is more reliable.

I might try to come up with a bigger deal and sneak Stewart in as a toss-in instead...might work out better that way. Thanks a lot VV

Banned

I think Stewart has been his normal awful self to start this season. Invisible in most every game. Even last year he was bad, though he did have a couple of hot stretches were he really piled up the points. I think that is what you will get with Stewart - penalties fairly consistently, but no points for long stretches and then everything will click for a week or two and he will put up a pile of points, then nothing again for a few weeks... I still don't understand why the Blues traded Perron instead of Stewart over the summer because when he isn't scoring, he does NOTHING for the team. He doesn't use his size, he doesn't play defence, he doesn't use his teammates... Stewart is currently ninth amoungst Blues forwards in icetime and that is where he belongs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting that you guys are on such opposite ends of the spectrum with Stewart.

What are your thoughts on Tarasenko? He was just dropped in my one year league. Seems like his ice time is alright...is he worth adding over somebody like Glencross or Kreider?

Banned

hey peeps.

Any insight on TJ Oshie? I am thinking about dropping Purcell for Oshie, as it appears Killorn has taken all my Purcell points. Is this a smart move? Or what is the opinion on this?

Thanks dudes

Banned

There was never any question about Pietro making the olympic team, but Bouwmeester is making himslef a very likely candidate with his play this year, too. The way these two shut down Crosby last night showed again how dominant they are and have been all season. if they aren't the best pairing in the NHL, they are at least in the conversation...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: St Louis Blues

Just wanted to throw a little love to St. Louis. No posts since Nov 10 for the top team in the NHL? This is a deep team that works hard and plays a stifling system, plus they now have a big game goaltender in Ryan Miller. They are coming out of the West. Anaheim and LA will beat each other up in the opening round and Col vs Chi will be a battle. St. Louis will likely face Minny or the Desert Dogs, while good teams, are nowhere as good as the other contenders will face in the opening round.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Just wanted to throw a little love to St. Louis. No posts since Nov 10 for the top team in the NHL? This is a deep team that works hard and plays a stifling system, plus they now have a big game goaltender in Ryan Miller. They are coming out of the West. Anaheim and LA will beat each other up in the opening round and Col vs Chi will be a battle. St. Louis will likely face Minny or the Desert Dogs, while good teams, are nowhere as good as the other contenders will face in the opening round.
    The West has so many good teams that it's near impossible to know who will end up dragging their way through to the Cup from there. It's unfortunate we couldn't have some of these good Western teams feast on the weaker East first and leave the better matchups for the Final. I'll be rooting for St Louis and San Jose this year though. Really like both clubs and neither have won before.

Dobber Sports Monster

Another loss tonight and already down Backes and now Oshie is out. The Blues are limping into the playoffs on one leg!