Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I think if barclays invested in the proper piping they'd want islanders to re-negotiate the lease so that theres no more escape clauses .I doubt they'd want to shut down barclays for X amount of weeks of renovations only to have isles leave a few years later .

since barclays owns the nassau coliseum (renovated @ 13k seats but very few suites)a little part of me wonders if they simply ask the isles if they want to play there while still receiving the 50+ mil a year from barclays .I doubt the NHL would allow this , but you never know
    WHy would they change the piping ? There is no reason to. The cost would undermine the profit motive which is the reason the team moved in the first place. Besides who would pay for the work ? Not Barclays that much is certain.

Honestly a poor job was done by the decision makers who somehow decided a half measure was better than a full relocation. Locked into a lease with perhaps the leagues worst ice and no future home in sight at present.

The team seems in trouble with no apparent way out currently.

The Post covered the most recent loss to the Flyers who played on the back end of their 2nd night and still outworked the Islanders

http://nypost.com/2016/11/03/islande...oss-to-flyers/

Hoping for the best expecting the worst is how I would assess things right now
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

there isnt a ''locked in'' lease otherwise ledecky wouldnt be exploring building an arena with the Mets Help beside citifield.

what my point was - if barclays makes the long term investment to shut down and replace piping they'd want the lease to have zero escape clauses .

hopefully some things come to a head sooner than later but I find it a bit difficult to hammer the coach and players while in the same breath mention the poor ice quality as they probably go hand in hand

these guys need a road trip to get off the barclays sheet for a few games

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    there isnt a ''locked in'' lease otherwise ledecky wouldnt be exploring building an arena with the Mets Help beside citifield.

what my point was - if barclays makes the long term investment to shut down and replace piping they'd want the lease to have zero escape clauses .

hopefully some things come to a head sooner than later but I find it a bit difficult to hammer the coach and players while in the same breath mention the poor ice quality as they probably go hand in hand

these guys need a road trip to get off the barclays sheet for a few games
    I was thinking the same thing last night, I wonder if they would have had such a crappy start if the played 10 road games in the 1st part of the season.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing last night, I wonder if they would have had such a crappy start if the played 10 road games in the 1st part of the season.
    kind of a ridiculous amount of home games to start the season .

at first I liked it so JT,Halak,Kulemin,Seidenberg could get some extra rest following the W-cup tourney but that seems like such a long time ago already .

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I think the Mets group/Citi field will most likely have the best long term offer for the club. Obviously if the facility is built for hockey and can fit, say 17K fans its a win win situation. They already have the Mets and the National Tennis center so having another sport facility is icing on the cake.

Being on the 7 line grants access to millions of paying customers who do not have to drive to the event. The key point being driving. The LIE is really a chore, ask any 516er. Further from Hunter's Point you can transfer from the LIRR to the 7 line. For the more adventuresome fans they can get off at Woodside station and catch the 7 there. So LI fans can access the team via train, although I suspect many would still drive.

Brooklynites can get there via the G train, although that line is often a real adventure and it might be easier to take the E or F train and transfer in midtown manhattan.
    It's even worse for us 631ers, however, I'd make the drive to Citi Field, but never to Brooklyn.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Wang signed a 25 year lease deal. There are opt out clauses however

More Ledecky and less Wang is probably for the best

http://nypost.com/2016/02/19/islande...t-of-brooklyn/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Wang signed a 25 year lease deal. There are opt out clauses however

More Ledecky and less Wang is probably for the best

http://nypost.com/2016/02/19/islande...t-of-brooklyn/
    it was initially stated by wang that it was a 25 year iron clad lease at the presser announcing the move .

then , for awhile there were rumours of an out clause before the isles ever played 1 game at barclays-- followed by eventual confirmation of said out clause months later.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think its fair to say that the glass is half empty for the Islanders right now. Its still a climb up from the depths of despair they were in years past but seriously a step backwards.
    Something has got to give

btw I loved seeing what the Mayfield kid did after the JT hit

Dobber Sports Stud

The captain is feeling the hurt. How many chances is this woeful franchise going to get in NY ?

http://nypost.com/2016/12/18/isles-c...oming-a-trend/

Dobber Sports Stud

Check out sportsnets newest report by Emily Sadler on the state of Barclays. Bloomberg reporting that the facility makes MORE money from concerts than hockey. Money talks.

The ice is the worst in the league, although Detroit is in the running for that label. Granted the Joe is a couple of decades old and the Wings will have new digs next season...

The sooner the Islanders leave Barclays, the better IMHO

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...rclays-center/

- - - Updated - - -

Check out sportsnets newest report by Emily Sadler on the state of Barclays. Bloomberg reporting that the facility makes MORE money from concerts than hockey. Money talks.

The ice is the worst in the league, although Detroit is in the running for that label. Granted the Joe is a couple of decades old and the Wings will have new digs next season...

The sooner the Islanders leave Barclays, the better IMHO

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-islanders-likely-leave-barclays-center/

Dobber Sports Master

they probably make more money from a concert than a woeful brooklyn nets game too .

pretty sure isles would be more than happy to leave - maybe cuomo rubber stamps a new arena for them at belmont and isles can please the msg folks by allowing them to run the arena for them for non-hockey events ,

- - - Updated - - -

they probably make more money from a concert than a woeful brooklyn nets game too .

pretty sure isles would be more than happy to leave - maybe cuomo rubber stamps a new arena for them at belmont and isles can please the msg folks by allowing them to run the arena for them for non-hockey events ,

Dobber Sports Star

The saga continues, I just hope it's resolved with little drama and they don't decode to up and leave when it's all said and done.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Good writeup in the Post about the terrible situation in Barclays and how NY money wants to make a nice profit from doing things right for the Islanders.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/24/james-d...rclays-center/

Its looking like Mets ownership, as well as Knicks/Rangers owner will try and build a stadium in Elmont. I think thats good news for the old school fan base.

- - - Updated - - -

Good writeup in the Post about the terrible situation in Barclays and how NY money wants to make a nice profit from doing things right for the Islanders.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/24/james-dolan-tries-to-help-rescue-islanders-from-barclays-center/

Its looking like Mets ownership, as well as Knicks/Rangers owner will try and build a stadium in Elmont. I think thats good news for the old school fan base.

Dobber Sports Master

if a new arena cant get built with those power brokers behind it (dolan,wilpons,isles owners,governer cuomo) then it never will .

especially since proposed area is on state owned land where theres less interference from a county/municipal level for due process .

but , woah . talk about an oversaturated market for concerts etc... with msg,barclays,prudential,belmont,nvmc

- - - Updated - - -

if a new arena cant get built with those power brokers behind it (dolan,wilpons,isles owners,governer cuomo) then it never will .

especially since proposed area is on state owned land where theres less interference from a county/municipal level for due process .

but , woah . talk about an oversaturated market for concerts etc... with msg,barclays,prudential,belmont,nvmc

Dobber Sports Star

Could they/would build for hockey only???? Seems that could never sustain itself.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko