Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: New York Islanders

Strome/Tavares/Okposo
    Lee/Nelson/Bailey
    Grabovski/Nielsen/Clutterbuck
    Martin/Cizikas/?

More or less off the top of my head, but I thought Strome and Tavares looked reeeaaalll good together late in the season. Strome might not start on the top line, but I really think he ends there, or at the very least gets put with Tavares late in the game when they really need that goal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    Strome/Tavares/Okposo
    Lee/Nelson/Bailey
    Martin/Cizikas/?

More or less off the top of my head, but I thought Strome and Tavares looked reeeaaalll good together late in the season. Strome might not start on the top line, but I really think he ends there, or at the very least gets put with Tavares late in the game when they really need that goal.
    Pretty solid F group. And yeah I'd agree that I think strome ends on the top line. I have JT in my dynasty and was hoping to draft Strome but he got snagged just before me!

Dobber Sports Expert

Curious what the Isle insiders think about their PP setup this season. If Zidlicky signs is he on the #1 unit? I know they have Boychuks booming shot and Leddy/Hamonic will see time. But I'm thinking Z is just more creative then these guys, more of a QB.
    Is this your thinking too?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Curious what the Isle insiders think about their PP setup this season. If Zidlicky signs is he on the #1 unit? I know they have Boychuks booming shot and Leddy/Hamonic will see time. But I'm thinking Z is just more creative then these guys, more of a QB.
    Is this your thinking too?
    if they sign zids he would be on the #1 pp .

Dobber Sports Star

I agree...he would in essence become what Viz was for them when he was healthy.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

If they sign zid..then what becomes of boychuk on the PP? I ask because right now I have him as a drop but I could do kuemper to keep JonnyB.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I agree...he would in essence become what Viz was for them when he was healthy.
    except zids would likely play close to all 82 wheras viz was part time , at best.

anyways , the zids rumour started on aug 8th and here we are aug 23 without him being signed yet -so lets cross that bridge if we ever get there first.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    If they sign zid..then what becomes of boychuk on the PP? I ask because right now I have him as a drop but I could do kuemper to keep JonnyB.
    I still think isles will roll out JB for his ''big slapper'' as a feature v.s certain teams that isles could exploit .

during those games you can interpret whether or not its a #1pp unit or not for yourself

your blueline looks as though it could take the loss of unprotecting JB though

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    Strome/Tavares/Okposo
    Lee/Nelson/Bailey
    Martin/Cizikas/?

Strome/Tavares/Okposo
    Lee/Nelson/Bailey
    Grabovski/Nielsen/Kulemin
    Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck

Fixed
    12 team H2H keeper league. Scoring: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked shots, PPP, SOG, GWG Goalie categories W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    Keep 13 players and 6 Farm players must be under 24 and played less then 100 NHL career games. If under 24 but played over 100 games they cannot stay on farm but do not have to be protected in off season.
    C: E. Malkin, R. Hartman, M. Zibanejad , J. Eriksson Ek M. Frost
    LW: C. Keller, R.Thomas A. Kempe
    RW: P.Kane, V.Tarasenko T. Bertuzzi
    D: K.Letang, A. Fox, M. Rielly, S. Theodore
    G: [/B], I.Shesterkin, F.Andersen, J. Oettinger

Farm: T. Foerster, A. Holtz, B. Clarke, Tyler Boucher, Lukas Dostal, Mavrik Bourque

Dobber Sports Star

So. It seems to me that one of the big offseason shifts in the league is that Okposo is going to get paid as a UFA, and I would suspect that it won't be Garth Snow paying him. If he leaves Long Island, that opens up the RW spot with JT. Who fills it? Is it Lee? Nelson? UFA?

Speculate away! Anybody who knows the Isles or otherwise, views are welcome!

Dobber Sports Star

After what's happened since reuniting Tavares with Okposo, islanders would be best served finding a way to keep okposo. While having a great player helps, having another very good complementary player can mean wonders for consistent goal scoring. Strome, lee, etc didn't cut it as the #2 option on the Tavares line.

Hamonic situation is a tough one. Edmonton would have the most pieces to move theoretically.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    After what's happened since reuniting Tavares with Okposo, islanders would be best served finding a way to keep okposo. While having a great player helps, having another very good complementary player can mean wonders for consistent goal scoring. Strome, lee, etc didn't cut it as the #2 option on the Tavares line.

Hamonic situation is a tough one. Edmonton would have the most pieces to move theoretically.
    I agree on the Okposo re-signing..

Unless the Jets sign and trade Trouba or agree to trade Myers, then they won't be getting Hamonic.. So I also think Edmonton will be able to offer up the best package..

But what I don't understand is, how much closer is Edmonton to Winnipeg then New York is by plane of course?? Isn't the whole point for Hamonic to be closer to Winnipeg??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post

isles beat writer states snow doesnt have a problem paying okposo 7 m per season but its the length which is scaring him away .

Dobber Sports Star

Let's see if they find a way to keep him. Chemistry doesn't grow on trees, even with stars. Sometimes you gotta overpay just to keep your core intact to keep your window open.

I think hamonic wants to get back to western Canada to be closer to winnipeg. The geography point is valid though, Vancouver isn't that much closer than New York but at least Vancouver would visit Winnipeg a couple times per year. Either Alberta team is a bit close, but not by that much.

With that being said, Minnesota, the state to the immediate south of Manitoba, would actually be the closest and they're in the same division as Winnipeg meaning more visits. Some of the other central division teams are similarly as close as the Alberta teams.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am currently carrying Strome, Lee, & Bailey on a dynasty roster where I have Tavares, and having NHL teammates playing on the same line on my fantasy team is helpful with scoring. I know that is an odd rule, but the league is 20+ years old. Only points matter, goals & assists count separately, but not in a normal sort of way.

I am at the point where next season I will no longer have the desire to tie up 3 roster spots on Islander forwards who may not perform well enough to make my lineup, and this year's draft is deep enough between a few interesting free agents and unrostered propsects, that I would like to free up at least one spot of those 3, perhaps 2.

What do you Islander fans see as realistic goal & assist (or just point) totals for the 3 guys moving forward over the next couple years?