Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just thought I'd offer a fantasy tip in case okposo is availabe in your leagues.....

he's starting to ''wake up'' , ''get his legs'' etc...etc..

Grabner/Okposo showing some chemistry ....

I agree, Okposo was a beast against the Devils, should have had a couple of points were it not for Brodeur, on one series Marty three saves in rapid-fire succession, robbing Okposo of a sure goal (or assist).

He and Grabner, once they get going, should start racking up the points. He's got so much speed for a big guy.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just thought I'd offer a fantasy tip in case okposo is availabe in your leagues.....

he's starting to ''wake up'' , ''get his legs'' etc...etc..

Grabner/Okposo showing some chemistry ....
    He just got dropped in my league.

Dobber Sports Ace

How has Bailey looked so far?? Do you ever think he could develop into a second line center or is he gonna be a 3rd liner for the rest of his career. I have him in an extremely deep league and thought about cutting him a couple times but its hard because of the potential the kid once possessed.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    How has Bailey looked so far?? Do you ever think he could develop into a second line center or is he gonna be a 3rd liner for the rest of his career. I have him in an extremely deep league and thought about cutting him a couple times but its hard because of the potential the kid once possessed.
    from my persective , I think he's still maturing on and off the ice and when he figures it all out he'll be a reliable average to slightly above average #2 center.

he's been noticeable (in a good way) these last 2-3 games and seems to have found some chemistry with his current linemates Rolston/Ullstrom .

sooner or later he's going to play himself into the 2nd line center spot but he'll have to wrestle that away from Nielsen who's been struggling physically this year (knocked off the puck easily )

Dobber Sports Master

isles second round pick in 2008 in some trouble .....

http://www.bu.edu/today/2011/mens-hockey-star-arrested/

BU Men’s Hockey Star Arrested
    Corey Trivino is charged with indecent assault

Dobber Sports Master

#Isles return Poulin, de Haan to BPT. Macdonald, Eaton and Niederreiter all making trip; Rolston, Staios are not.

https://twitter.com/#!/StapeNewsday/...61823033200640

Dobber Sports Ninja

That top line of Moulson, Tavares, and Okposo is continuing to make the opposition look absolutely stupid. Just dominating play, the three of them play so well together and its nice having Okposo on that line to out-muscle people for the puck.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

So I'm probably alone on this one, but I've been giving it a lot of thought over the past 10 minutes or so, and my question is, does anyone else think that the Islanders have an outside shot at sneaking into the 8 spot?

I mean look this team is far from perfect, that's a given, but if I remember correctly didn't the Islanders go on a decent run at the end of the season? Here's the way I see it. Ottawa right now sits in the 8 spot nine points up on the Islanders with 4 (? always confused about when Yahoo updates their standings chart) more GP. Of course I do realize that GP =/= points, but is it that outrageous to think that with 30 games left that the Islanders have an outside shot?

Right now only the Panthers and the Jets are in their way to get to Ottawa, and I'm not liking the Panthers and Jets chances personally. Also keeping in mind that in the 11 games left before the deadline, the Isles play Ottawa twice, Florida once, and Winnipeg once. If the Islanders are sitting within a few points of eighth place or even better yet are able to put up a really strong record this month and manage to somehow get into that playoff spot by the deadline, are they still sellers?

Just wondering what other people think about this.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm proud of them for finally inching their way to a .500 record after having such a bad start but it would have to be one of those seasons where 87-88 points gets you 8th seed for the isles to remotely have a shot .

Dobber Sports Ninja

So, with 20 odd games to go, the Islanders are six points out with a game in hand. Wonder if anyone's opinion has changed about this one.

Again, it's definitely a long shot but considering how much this team gets ripped on on a regular basis it would definitely be interesting to see them push for a playoff spot.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    So, with 20 odd games to go, the Islanders are six points out with a game in hand. Wonder if anyone's opinion has changed about this one.

Again, it's definitely a long shot but considering how much this team gets ripped on on a regular basis it would definitely be interesting to see them push for a playoff spot.
    their march schedule is very, very tough bondon .......then again , so is everyones.

hopefully they can get Hamonic back sooner than later & somehow find the balls to sit Rolston in the pressbox in favor of a callup like Ullstrom who would be more effective .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Would I ever LOVE to see the Islanders make the playoffs. Islanders/Rangers in Round 1 would be fantastic.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Would I ever LOVE to see the Islanders make the playoffs. Islanders/Rangers in Round 1 would be fantastic.
    doulos man I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you're serious!! I think a New York series would be pretty cool lol.

I'd actually really like to see this team take the step to get into the playoffs personally, the Blues and the Isles were the two teams that I thought were going to make serious strides this year and the Blues have exceeded my expectation and the Islanders are so close to sneaking in. Would be cool to see!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Being completely serious. As an Oiler fan who is well acquainted with mediocrity I have a soft spot for the Islanders but last season's game where the Islanders called up the goon squad and said "You shall not pass!" to the Penguins sealed the deal for me.

I would love to see the two New York teams go head to head, particularly since it would be sweet to see the Isles knock them out in the first round!

Dobber Sports Master

nyr-nyi round 1 would do wonders for the isles arena situation too .....

I'm not from long island , but I strongly suspect there are alot of dormant islander fans (just as there were alot of dormant Hawk fans) who would come out of hibernation .