Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ion-1.15508004

find out wed if isles win belmont bid

Dobber Sports Stud

Another hurdle overcome at Belmont

Its still not an ideal location but if the venue is for hockey then I can see the team making the move

In my view they are better suited for a move to a hockey first market like Quebec city or Toronto. It would probably boost the franchise value as well. Granted the owners are NY guys and are well connected so at this point its most likely full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Expert

Such a talented crew but can they challenge with their Goaltending?
    I just don't see Snow biting the bullet and acquiring a legit #1G.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Such a talented crew but can they challenge with their Goaltending?
    I just don't see Snow biting the bullet and acquiring a legit #1G.
    They have some talented kids in the system but are still a couple years away from truly competing for a starting job in the NHL. Both Soderstrom and Sorokin look like they have a future but can someone like Greiss hold the fort until they are ready? I don't see it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They have some talented kids in the system but are still a couple years away from truly competing for a starting job in the NHL. Both Soderstrom and Sorokin look like they have a future but can someone like Greiss hold the fort until they are ready? I don't see it.
    That's a good point. And if JT doesn't resign .... yikes that couple of years may be a whole lot more.

What do u think happens?
    If they sign JT do they sign Bailey too?
    If JT leaves do they sign Bailey?
    How much does Bailey get after this crazy career year? Will he get 7m?

Dobber Sports Deity

Who the hell knows what Garth Snow will do.

I still believe the Islanders re-sign Tavares, especially with a new building coming down the pipe. I think Bailey is fool's gold and will get a big payday and disappoint next season. Anyone in a cap league should be selling now while they still can.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I ended up trading DStrome for him to put me over the top this year (as i dont see him slowing down this year)but hope to sell him in offseason b4 his new contract goes into effect.

Dobber Sports Expert

Ofcourse if Isles sign both maybe Bailey has a few more good years left with JT.

Dobber Sports Deity

I hope it works out for you. Once he signs that new contract, he's going to be hard to move because a lot of fantasy teams won't have the space for him (assuming he hits paydirt like I expect).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I hope it works out for you. Once he signs that new contract, he's going to be hard to move because a lot of fantasy teams won't have the space for him (assuming he hits paydirt like I expect).
    Totally agree thats why i hope to move him b4 contract goes into effect in off-season.
    Ofcourse it's all about winning right now though.
    Took over the worst team In league last year and now I'm the top team right now by 400+pts.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tavares and Lee are really missing Bailey. But surely the Islanders must have better options than Quine to replace him?

Even though he had a great game on Barzal's line, I'd probably put Beauvillier on that top line and then put Dal Colle on the Barzal line while both Bailey and Ladd are out. Just feels like Beauvillier would be a good match with Tavares and Lee, and the same with Dal Colle with Barzal.

Speaking of Dal Colle. His skating is always criticized so I expected it to look horrible against NHL players but it didn't look so bad to me. He looks pretty lazy on his skates, though. Maybe it's more mental than physical which would be a good thing because that's easier to fix. But I'm definitely no expert when it comes to skating, I was just comparing him against other players in puck races. I thought he sometimes gave up too easily but the ones where he actually tried, he didn't lose them cleanly at least.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Tavares and Lee are really missing Bailey. But surely the Islanders must have better options than Quine to replace him?

Even though he had a great game on Barzal's line, I'd probably put Beauvillier on that top line and then put Dal Colle on the Barzal line while both Bailey and Ladd are out. Just feels like Beauvillier would be a good match with Tavares and Lee, and the same with Dal Colle with Barzal.

Speaking of Dal Colle. His skating is always criticized so I expected it to look horrible against NHL players but it didn't look so bad to me. He looks pretty lazy on his skates, though. Maybe it's more mental than physical which would be a good thing because that's easier to fix. But I'm definitely no expert when it comes to skating, I was just comparing him against other players in puck races. I thought he sometimes gave up too easily but the ones where he actually tried, he didn't lose them cleanly at least.
    I think dal colle was trying to keep things simple . Trust me , I have alot invested in him as a isles fan and fantasy player so I was watching him like a hawk .

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does anybody know where A.Lee went?? If you see him or happen to talk to him, please give him a good'ol slap in hopes that it wakes him up..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

I think the question that needs to be asked is

Why would JT want to return to this team when he can punch his own ticket ?

Its clearly not about the money at this point as he has plenty
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I think the question that needs to be asked is

Why would JT want to return to this team when he can punch his own ticket ?

Its clearly not about the money at this point as he has plenty
    I obviously don't know John Tavares but he actually comes off as a guy that respects the Islanders organization past generations.. He seems like the type of guy who wants to play for one team for his entire career.. That just might be me, but that is how I feel about the situation..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..