Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Could they/would build for hockey only???? Seems that could never sustain itself.
    I'd have to think ledecky/malkin would let dolan run the arena ; maybe it takes some pressure off madision square garden & steals business from barclays , prudential.

Dobber Sports Ace

Well his quick start has settled it, Ho-Sang > Mario and he can keep 66.

https://teespring.com/which-66/
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Stud

Prokhorov pressuring Islanders to play at Nassau Coliseum

courtesy of the NY Post

http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/prokhor...ssau-coliseum/

- - - Updated - - -

Prokhorov pressuring Islanders to play at Nassau Coliseum

courtesy of the NY Post

http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/prokhor...ssau-coliseum/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

the renovated nvmc doesnt even have dressing rooms anymore so good luck with that prokhorov .

apparently when the isles host philly at the old barn in sept they have to use a few conference rooms at the Marriott across the parking lot as dressing rooms

Dobber Sports Master

Islander fans.

Leddy has one assist in three games. Mayfield and Pelech are playing ahead of Pulock. His camp was that bad eh?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Leddy is 2nd in ice time so far this season yet only has 6 shots so far. The points will come.

I think the more interesting stat is Seidenberg sporting a -3 in one game played

mayfield looks to be solidifying his spot on the 3rd pairing out of the gate
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Leddy is 2nd in ice time so far this season yet only has 6 shots so far. The points will come.

I think the more interesting stat is Seidenberg sporting a -3 in one game played

mayfield looks to be solidifying his spot on the 3rd pairing out of the gate
    Did you see Pulock at all in preseason? How did he look? Are we looking at an AHL demotion again this year?
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Did you see Pulock at all in preseason? How did he look? Are we looking at an AHL demotion again this year?
    He would require waivers to be sent down, and I'm pretty sure a team like Colorado or Vancouver would claim him because they have nothing to lose.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He would require waivers to be sent down, and I'm pretty sure a team like Colorado or Vancouver would claim him because they have nothing to lose.
    Is he NHL calibre or did we all have rose, slap-shot coloured glasses on?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Is he NHL calibre or did we all have rose, slap-shot coloured glasses on?
    I don't know but I think some team would take their chances with him. I mean, Vancouver did that with Derrick Pouliot, so why not do it with Pulock as well.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I don't know but I think some team would take their chances with him. I mean, Vancouver did that with Derrick Pouliot, so why not do it with Pulock as well.
    It was more of a philosophical question.. I'm having a real hard time evaluating this guy. In the playoffs two years ago, he looked every bit the awesome player. Since then, at the AHL level, he looked decent, though he had some lapses there too. In camp, he must have been pretty rough, though the Isles clearly still believe. Maybe it's just a confidence thing.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

It was more of a philosophical question.. I'm having a real hard time evaluating this guy. In the playoffs two years ago, he looked every bit the awesome player. Since then, at the AHL level, he looked decent, though he had some lapses there too. In camp, he must have been pretty rough, though the Isles clearly still believe. Maybe it's just a confidence thing.
    I drafted him, so I was watching pre-season Isles games, and the only thing I saw from him was a brutal give away passing right in front of his net to an opposing player leading to an instant goal. That was enough for me to see he probably wasn`t ready defensively.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Wizard

DobberProspects writer Crazy Joe Davola actually wrote a couple of things about him yesterday on his Twitter account.

/Cam Robinson/‏ @CrazyJoeDavola3
    Can someone please explain to me why Ryan Pulock still hasn't dressed for a game while the #Isles PP has gone 0/9 to start the season?
    I very much look forward to a team claiming him on waivers this year and loading up that cannon on many a PP opportunity.
    He's not the fleetest of foot but much better than Reinhart. His D zone play is still lacking a bit but his weapons are real

Dobber Sports Stud

I didn't watch any Islander games in the preseason. But GM Snow did send ample compensation to Vegas NOT to select members of his blueline.

That would indicate the team has plans for him.

Add to that Hamonic went west (finally) so there should be ice time for at least 1 or 2 guys that weren't there last season. Personally I am invested in Mayfield and am hoping he is everything coach said he is from a recent interview in the local fishwrap.

Coach Weight brought in a brand new cadre of assistants this season so it may take some time for everything to gel.

The clock is ticking on JT so it might be a tad difficult to filter out that noise but I suspect Pulock will be part of the team going forward, this being predicated on the draft pick ransom they delivered to GMGM not to select a blueliner.

Butch likely has a better take as they are his main squeeze after all...

Dobber Sports Deity

Serious respect for Barzal.

https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...53572506066945

#LAKings coach John Stevens: "Tavares is well-known, but I think Barzal, if I'm saying his name correctly, has become a star in a hurry. He's changed the whole dynamic of that hockey team." #Isles
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."