Thread: Results of my three keepers

I...am your father.

Default Results of my three keepers

Terrible. My dry spell has reached three years now of not making as much on fantasy hockey as I've spent, after a 15-year positive streak. When it rains it pours.

But I thought I would quickly post here what I have done, for those interested.

Keeper 1
    Basic keeper. 20 players. Points only. Top 12 count. Playoffs count.

I won four years ago after a two-year rebuild. At the time, I wanted to rebuild for one more year, but found myself in first place so I sacrificed a lot to hold onto it. Take the win when you can get it, because you don't know what the future holds. Since then, I have floundered with a weaker team and injuries. I had thought that I could hang around up top for a couple of years and perhaps win again, but...not even close. I was fighting another rebuild because it was so damn soon after my last one. Big mistake. I should have taken the one and done victory and rebuild immediately.

Keeper 2
    A little more advanced. 27 players, Top 2 dmen, Top 1 goalie, Top 12 rest of the skaters count. Playoffs count. Points only. Top 8 teams make the playoff competition. Gradually expanding the rosters to 12-4-2 with 12 on the farm.

I sold the farm to get Crosby as a sophomore and have been rebuilding ever since. Filling up such a big roster when you are empty of picks and players is a lengthy five-year process, but this year I was finally done the rebuild. So there I am in 2nd place in January. Crosby is out for a couple of games with a "mild" concussion. I put Lidstrom on the block - I don't need his points, because I probably won't get 1st place, so may as well slip a little in the standings and improve my team. Just make the Top 8. So I traded him for Tarasenko and Gagne. A great deal.
    After that, it was...just wow. My fellow GM's laugh about it - they had never seen anything like it. In months where a good team will get 100 points and a bad team would get 40 points...my team got like 20 in March. Crosby remained out. Bourque couldn't find the net with a map and a flashlight. Carter was off and on. Price was out of his sizzling hot streak. With the trade deadline over I could only watch...5th...6th...7th...8th...9th in the last week, and out of the playoffs.
    As a GM, nothing had ever hurt more.

It turns out my playoffs would have sucked anyway, but it still hurts that I didn't make the show.

Keeper 3

This is with the boys in the Forecaster. One last year of a rebuild. Keep 12. Dress 4C 8W, 6D, 2G.

My keepers are:
    Staal, Kopitar, Johansen
    Kovalchuk, Giroux, Eriksson
    Letang, Carlson, Enstrom, Shattenkirk
    Price, Montoya

Notable drops, unless I can make a trade or two: OEL, Poulin, Frolik, Tatar, Boychuk, Morin

Finished around 7th out of 14. Goaltending cost me a Top 3 (I had Varlamov and I drafted Leighton with my first round pick). I won't make that mistake this time.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

you cant win em all.
    you seem to like the points only/ playoffs count type hey? ive never tried a playoff counts pool, ill have to give it a shot this year.
    a 5 year rebuild better put you in the top for a few years straight.lol.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO