Thread: Keep Leblanc?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Leblanc?

So as my sig states I am in a Simulation league. So stats matter as well as everything else a player might bring to the game.
    Just wondering if you guys would consider keeping Leblanc considering the cap on players and years in the league.
    Whats not listed is exempt players. Basically when you draft a guy you get 2 years before you have to sign them to years that count towards caps. I have 4 players up this year. Elliott, Josefson, Tedenby and Leblanc. I am keeping the other 3 for sure. I also have Hishon, Pysyk, Granlund, Tarasenko and Gudbranson that will have to be signed or lost after next year and Dadanov, Kucherov, Zibanejad, Bartschi, Klefbom, C. Murphy, Puempel and Pulkkinen the following year.
    I'm not tight on years or roster spots at the moment. After my resigns and extending my exempt players I should have around 25 years and 8 roster spots for free agency and the remainder of the year. Free agency doesnt look to great, so I'm probably looking at signing a D or two and thats about it.
    Looking at the players I have coming in the future I think it's best to let him walk as I think I will be quite capped on years and roster spots if most of those guys tend to be moving in an uphill direction. He seems like he will be a few years away from the NHL which will also just eat at my counts as well until he actually starts playing. But the more I want to lose him, the more good stuff I read about him.

Sorry if I missed any info
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Leblanc does not appear ready to play in the NHL and, even if he did, there is absolutely no room for him on the first two lines for the next few years. I would not keep him.