Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Anaheim Ducks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Anaheim Ducks

Thompson could start the year on the shelf because of his shoulder surgery, so Wagner would end up being the 4th center. I liked his game at the end of the season. I remember his call up in February in a game against the Kings and he looked very good, winning big draws against Kopitar and Stoll.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are they going to ship off Wisniewski and go after a Green/Ehrhoff ??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Are they going to ship off Wisniewski and go after a Green/Ehrhoff ??
    You would think that Wisniewski is on his way out after being a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs. Doesn't exactly speak to his overall utility when he can't even barely get in the game. They've got enough guys like Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm (and Theodore on the way) who can contribute on a PP1 / PP2 unit, and Wiz just isn't really necessary to their plans going forward. I would be very surprised if Wisniewski is a Duck come 2015-16.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    You would think that Wisniewski is on his way out after being a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs. Doesn't exactly speak to his overall utility when he can't even barely get in the game. They've got enough guys like Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm (and Theodore on the way) who can contribute on a PP1 / PP2 unit, and Wiz just isn't really necessary to their plans going forward. I would be very surprised if Wisniewski is a Duck come 2015-16.
    I'm pretty sure Wisniewski didn't dress for any of the Ducks games in the playoffs..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some quick hits on the Ducks moves so far

Wiz for Khudobin - Freed up cap space as Khudobin only has this year left and Wiz has two. Next summer is a big one to re-sign key guys, so getting that extra year off the books is key.

Hagelin and a pick for Etem and 2 picks - Hagelin brings a lot of speed and I can't wait to see him and Cogliano on the PK. 5 on 5 I think he will move up and down the line up, but either way I like the pick up

Beauchemin not resigning - Was kind of shocked he was looking for so much at this stage in his career, but he got a team to pay up so good for him.

Bieksa for a pick - I'll take it. RH shot, mean D man. Good replacement for Beauchemin and ended up re-signing for another 2 years for cheaper than Beauch too. Also since he is a righty, it allows Lindholm to move to his natural side.

Signed Shaun Horcoff - Good veteran centerman, Thompson is out to start the year and probably won't be back until November so he will be a fill-in for him, and once Thompson comes back I'd like to see them move Rakell back to the wing to free him up offensively.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ducks are the favorite for the Cup next year. Shrewd moves, definitely the best and deepest team on paper.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The Ducks have promoted Theodore from AHL San Diego, Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register reports.

This after Despres suffers LBI in last nights game.

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Padawan

With Andersen gone, this is Gibson's crease. Hopefully the Ducks can sign someone like Jhonas Enroth (maybe he wants to stay in SoCal) to a cheap two year deal. He signed with the Kings for only $1.25M last season. With all the RFA we have, we need a cheap back-up option and will probably sign a two year deal because of the expansion draft next summer.

At a season ticket holder event last weekend Murray said its a matter of when, not if, for Rakell and Lindholm. He said they have enough money put aside to match an offer sheet.

Dobber Sports Veteran

How has Nick Ritchie looked in the preseason? Should I expect a decent season out of him pointwise, like upwards of 40 pts?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm watching their game tonight and I really think that the lack of offense will put them outside of the playoffs.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Expert

I wouldn't be too concerned about it... Last year they started 1-7-2, while averaging 1 goal/game and going 3 for 30 on the PP. Then they went 45-18-9 with 53 for 212 (25%) on the PP the rest of the way... Their first 3 games were on the road too, so that should be taken into consideration. Not and ideal start, but not the end of the world just yet...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Ace

Why did they re sign Lindholm? He seems like a guy that will need to QB the PP, but between Fowler, Vatanen and Theodore, one or more will need to take a back seat.

Vatanen looks the safest. But Lindholm and Theodore seem like the guys with the biggest potential.

Just confused also as to why he went back there given he isn't guaranteed Top PP time.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Icon

Lindholm was a restricted free agent, the Ducks were his only option to play in the NHL. I still think the Ducks are going to trade one of Vatanen or Fowler. Lindholm is too good defensively for him to be traded.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Lindholm was a restricted free agent, the Ducks were his only option to play in the NHL. I still think the Ducks are going to trade one of Vatanen or Fowler. Lindholm is too good defensively for him to be traded.
    I can't believe that no one has posted in this thread since Dec 2016! Okay chuck, well done on calling on one of Vatanen or Fowler to get dealt!

This team is still capable of being a top contender in the West on the backs of the trio of 33 year olds (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler) as long as they all stay healthy...a long shot with those three! I do like the potential of their youth as well. We'll see I guess.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone have any idea who the ducks starting line-up will look like? Sounds like Ryan Kesler is doubtful to play this season and word is that Eaves will most likely play.

This is from daily face off ... but with Kesler most likely not playing ... how would the lines be adjusted and who would they bring in to replace at center?

FORWARDS
    Rickard Rakell Ryan Getzlaf Corey Perry
    Andrew Cogliano Ryan Kesler Jakob Silfverberg
    Nick Ritchie Adam Henrique Ondrej Kase
    Brian Gibbons Carter Rowney Troy Terry
    DEFENCE Inj: Patrick Eaves
    Hampus Lindholm Josh Manson
    Cam Fowler Brandon Montour
    Marcus Pettersson Luke Schenn
    GOALIES
    John Gibson
    Ryan Miller