Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Prodigy

From Kings Insider
    Anze Kopitar has played all 46 games for the Kings this season, and before his devastating leg injury late last season, he had been the Kings' "iron man’" in terms of consecutive games played. So it's always a big surprising to see Kopitar off the ice during a practice — particularly when it’s a full-team practice — but it was a bit less surprising today, given that Kopitar has taken a couple big hits in recent games. Assistant coach John Stevens said it was a "rest day’" for Kopitar, and that Kopitar would remain on track to play tomorrow against Vancouver.

STEVENS: "You've just got to trust your trainers. We talked to Darryl last night, and Darryl felt that it would be a good day for him to get a recovery day. He doesn't get many of them. Kopi is the kind of guy who skates on game days, optionals, everything. It's almost like you've got to force it upon him, and he needs it. I think it was a good opportunity to get him rested, so we get a good game from him tomorrow."'

Dobber Sports Prodigy

another quote from Kings Insider
    Last night, Quick lost a game, and dropped his goals-against average from 1.96 to 1.95. How often does that happen to a goalie? This season, Quick has started 38 games. The Kings have scored an average of 2.26 goals in those games. In Quick's 14 regulation losses, the Kings have scored a total of 11 goals. Here's what might be the most remarkable stat: eight times this season, Quick has won a game in which the Kings scored one or two goals.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've noticed M. Richards has been knocked off the top PP the last couple of games. Anyone have some insight into whether this something that might stick or are they just trying to mix it up a little given the low production?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kings Insider

Kings 'more aggressive' on offense

It's not exactly an avalanche of scoring, but the Kings' offense — both in 5-on-5 play and on the power play — is showing signs that it might be waking up from hibernation. It sort of depends on how you look at things. The Kings had a three-game burst in which they scored 13 goals, then scored one goal in Edmonton and two in regulation in Vancouver (albeit against a very good team and a sharp goalie). The power play, though, has six power-play goals in its last 17 chances. Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards talked about the Kings' attempts to improve offense.

KOPITAR: "I think just the way we've been playing is a little different right now. There's a lot more energy in our game. It doesn’t really matter, even on the power play, where our positions are. Brownie ended up on the half wall and he's been doing a good job when he's there. It happens so quick. Brownie had control and I just parked in front and made a play off of that. I was just fortunate enough that the puck squirted out, and I was able to put it in.'"

RICHARDS: "Maybe we're a little more aggressive, which is causing more turnovers. But we knew that if we just kept with the system, stuck with the program, that eventually we were going to get some opportunities. We're getting goals from all four lines, and all six defensemen are contributing, so we're not just looking at one guy. It's spread out, which is nice."'

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kings Insider has an update on Justin Williams' recent productivity.

Now, in his last nine games, Williams has four goals and seven assists, and has recorded at least one point in each of those nine games.

Dobber Sports Star

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
    Clifford-Richards-Penner
    Richardson-Stoll-Lewis
    Hunter-Fraser-Westgarth

Lines tonight
    lakingsinsider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

From Kings Insider

The Kings have called up forwards Dwight King and Jordan Nolan from Manchester, to take the roster spots of Jarret Stoll and Slava Voynov. Stoll is on injured reserve with a lower-body injury. Voynov was assigned to the Monarchs.

This season, King has been tied for second on the Monarchs in points, with 29 points (11 goals, 18 assists) in 50 games. Nolan has nine goals and 13 assists in 40 games. King, a sixth-round pick of the Kings in 2007, played six games for the Kings last season and did not record a point. Nolan, a seventh-round pick of the Kings in 2009, is the son of former NHL coach Ted Nolan and has yet to appear in an NHL game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Voynov would look great in Edmonton...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think Voynov would look great in Edmonton...
    I hope they move Martinez, to free up a slot for Voynov's return.

Also, King & Nolan skated with Mike Richards in practice today as a revamped 2nd line

Dobber Sports Star

Boy the Kings suck . The most boring team on the planet.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Boy the Kings suck . The most boring team on the planet.
    I have to agree - 1,000,000,000%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Great quote from Coach Sutter re: Dustin Penner

After practice today, Darryl Sutter had a very Darryl Sutter answer when asked about his message to Dustin Penner, after Penner had been a healthy scratch from the last two games.

SUTTER: "Work your (butt) off. Then you get a chance to play again. If you don’t, you don't."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last chance for Penner?

SUTTER: "It's not just giving him another shot. He's a veteran. He better step up to the plate. It's very simple. He went out of the lineup because he was horse(crap), so he’d better step up to the plate or he might not get another look."

Dobber Sports Star

The Kings stink. They look worse with Carter.